[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to do 5x5 bench everytime i hit the gym for the next few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

I want to do 5x5 bench everytime i hit the gym for the next few weeks. Every second day (48 hrs). Is that too often, or is it all good? I'm at 150 pounds
>>
>'m at 150 pounds
Did you ever thought that the jews may be at fault for that?
>>
>>39421855

I dont WEIGH 150 pounds. I weigh 207. But I bench 150 pounds with 5x5, if its relevant information
>>
>>39421854
>Did you ever thought that the jews may be at fault for that?
Yes, chemicals in the water and soda fucked up my growth.
>>
>>39421854

WHOOPS this isnt /fit/, this is /pol/ hahah
>>
>>39421856
That's pretty shit. I only weigh 150 lbs and can 3x8 my own body weight.
>>
Every other day is on the high end for hitting just 1 muscle group. If you're sleeping and eating well you could manage it. If so, make sure to work the opposite muscle pair - rows would be good, high pulldowns. Assuming you're doing more than just bench though.
>>
>>39421854
5x5 is a meme
>>
>>39421859
Well at least he's going to the gym
>>
>>39421860
He should work on a 3 day cycle. One day for arms and chest, another for back and core, and a third for legs and dexterity.
>>
>>39421861
No, it's a decent way of hitting strength gains. LP will break down at a certain point, but for someone who is 207 and at 150 bench right now it's right up his ally.
>>
>>39421854
>150 pounds
Fatass
>>
>>39421862
I know it's good that he's going, but if he can only lift that much, he should focus on weight loss first. He should drop to around 170, then work on building strength.
>>
>>39421863
Yeah I hope he is more balance than just bench. OP plz
>>
>>39421859
how helpful

>>39421860
yea I got a good program that does what you just said, but I'm currently in a situation where I'm unable to follow it strictly, so I'm just gonna be improvising for a few weeks, doing whatever I feel like. And if restitution is fast enough for me to be able to do bench every other day, then I really want to bench every time, in addition to the other exercises
>>
>>39421864
5x5 on bench every 48 hours? Only on gear would that be sane. Too taxing on the cns and he wont make any good gains.
>>
>>39421866

I'm 6.4 so ideally I dont think I should be much lighter than 200
>>
>>39421869
>>39421864

I suppose I'll do chest tri shoulders every 4th day then, and legs, back & biceps in between
>>
>>39421870
170 to 180 is an ideal starting weight for you to be at that height. Then you change your weight loss diet to a high protein diet and work on gains. It's too hard to look good AND get strong by starting fat. Trust me, I was 190 lbs at one point, and didn't get the results i wanted till i dieted down to 145 lbs. (For reference, I'm only 5'6", so thats why I added 25 lbs to where you should start from).
>>
I'm 160 and started lifting 3 months ago. I can bench 115 doing 5x5. Pretty shit but then again I'm weak. Thought I would share :)
>>
>>39421871
You should also work on dexterity. Muscles aren't worth much if you can't move them.
>>
>>39421873
3 sets of 8 is better than 5 by 5.
>>
>>39421872
I thought being lighter would limit muscle growth? I used to be super skinny, and I have gained like 25 pounds since i started lifting about a year ago, and I'm concerned that if I lose mass, I'll lose muscles & slow down my growth
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.