[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do so many people hate crossfit? >With it and a better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: CROSSFIT.jpg (56KB, 940x358px) Image search: [Google]
CROSSFIT.jpg
56KB, 940x358px
Why do so many people hate crossfit?

>With it and a better diet I have lost 40 pounds in 5 months.
>>
Its good when the instructors are good.

but at it's peak it was a meme factory of bad form and shitty casuals
>>
>>39413149

Because it is shit if you are interested in bodybuilding. Not really hating though because of course many people aren't into bodybuilding. It's that many crossfitters somehow think what they do is SUPERIOR to bodybuilding by default for some reason and are vocal about it. This is probably mostly the new people (same with beginners who only 'strength train' in the gym and talk about how 'bodybuilders are weak').
>>
File: 39jfRKSZZlHxfrdZOsR4R80gVoc.jpg (327KB, 2700x1519px) Image search: [Google]
39jfRKSZZlHxfrdZOsR4R80gVoc.jpg
327KB, 2700x1519px
>>39413149
>join new gym
>they offer crossfit
>oh boy here we go
>go a few times expecting to rage at kips and bumper plates
>hot women everywhere while i lift
>everything went better than expected
>>
Because they cant handle the intensity of a crossfit workout.
>>
>>39413277
lol wut
>>
>>39413149
Lifting weights is bad for you
>>
>>39413149
>lost 40 pounds
well do i have to say anymore
>>
>>39413536
Thats what I am shooting for, lose weight.
>>
>>39413495
anyone that talks bad about crossfit just wouldn't be able to handle my Tuesday WOD. facts.

you may try.
>>
>increase exercise level
>burn more calories than you take in
>lose weight

That's the formula. Crossfit is not some magic bullet. It just got you working more.
>>
>>39413149
Because their well-meant shortcuts designed to get people into the gym easily end up injuring those people
>>
>>39413668
I know it isnt magic, but it also didnt hinder my weight loss. I do not see the negative in doing it, assuming you dont go in with retarded form.
>>
>>39413705
>the weak should fear the strong
>>
>>39413149
I have no problem with people using crossfit like you; a pretty good way to get in shape, get stronger, and lose weight that's more motivating than just going to a regular gym if you have a good coach. The reason people hate crossfit because it's specifically programmed for mediocrity across the different realms of fitness, then hardcore crossfitters act as though that cumulative mediocrity makes them elite athletes.

>You wanna get strong? Do powerlifting.
>You wanna get big? Do bodybuilding.
>You wanna be a better weightlifter? Do olympic lifting with a real coach.
>You wanna build endurance? Train for a marathon/half marathon/triathlon etc.
>You wanna be better at a sport? Play that sport.
>>
>Better diet

All you had to say
>>
It is just so damn expensive.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.