[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /fit/, needing a medfag ASAP! >leaving for basic on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: cervical-spine-vertebrae.jpg (33KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
cervical-spine-vertebrae.jpg
33KB, 576x324px
Yo /fit/, needing a medfag ASAP!
>leaving for basic on the 21st.
>Thursday the 10th, decide to workout legs. Get onto leg press and hit low reps heavy weights.
>Doing fine but want to get that last one in.]
>all of a sudden, I get a blast of shock that goes to the back of my head down to my shoulders and neck.
>felt weird but shrug it off, kept working out.
>Saturday the 12th, go to work out arms and cant even lift without having excruciating throbbing headache.
>wtf is this.
>take yesterday off, and today try to do pushups... I cant even get to 20 without the same throbbing pain in the back of my neck and head.
Guys am I fucked? Ive never had this happen before to me, and of course its right when I leave for bootcamp.

tl;dr: I'm having throbbing headache pain doing the slightest of exercise.
>>
I had something similar a few months ago. For some reason, having a bunch of electrolytes got rid of it.
>>
>>39411355
Could be a herniated disc in your neck.
I dont have much experience with it, tho i am a medfag. Go see a doctor, jesus..
>>
>need a medfag!
You mean a doctor. You need a doctor. Go to a doctor.
>>
If you decide to go to basic still, don't tell anybodh about, recruiters, drill instructors, other recruits, and especially not if you're joining a branch that does the moment of truth bullshit. There were people in my division who couldn't do 10 push ups on the first day and managed to make it through. So stop working out for the next week if it turns out to be temporary. But check with a medfag to make sure it's not serious first senpai
>>
>>39411355
Medfag here. I imagine you were pushing your head into a back pad? This could have caused all kinds of problems. Most likely would be a disk issue, but you could have ruptured a ligament that runs along the spine (basically like whiplash. This is much less likely). Seeing as you're having problems limiting your arm but can do some push ups, it was probably around c5/6. You, my friend need some imaging done to see what gives. Go sooner rather than later, nerve damge can lead to profound muscule atrophy. You don't want that.
>>
>>39411405
Ignore this shit

Nursefag here, go to the fucking doctor. When women get an epidural for c - section, a headache afterwards is most likely caused by bleeding in the cavity where the needle was, which can be fixed easily

In other words, your probably bleeding or have a disc messing with your spinal cord
>>
I think Ive had the same stuff in the past. It has happened in the past when Ive done quite heavy machine flys and tensed up too hard. Id describe it as a sort of cramp that goes up your neck and fucks with your head.

If its the same thing Ive had, just dont tense up as much, remember to breath properly, keep your neck in a nutral position, avoid getting too fatigued and drink sufficently with water. Its norhing to worry about.
>>
>>39411379
Alright, I'm gonna try that out. I've been keeping myself hydrated chugging water thinking it was dehydration, ill start increasing electrolyte intake.

>>39411383 >>39411429>>39411391
>>39411424
Thanks for the advice anons.
If it doesn't stop by Wednesday, i'm going to go get it checked out.Id like to avoid the doctor just for something that could just be a pinched nerve. ill try stretch it out and keep it on a heated rag and ice until then.

Stay Healthy, Stay Motivated
>>
>>39411460
agreed, thats how its feels.
im definitely taking the notes on the breathing technique now. I think thats how it all started was straining to hard. Im just hoping it goes away by next monday.
>>
>>39411355
Looks like you took a one way trip to slip city
>>
>>39411490
No
Go now, your ship date can always be pushed back. Fucking around and ignoring head/neck pain is a great way to become paralyzed
>>
>>39411355
That's what you get for using leg press instead of squatting.
>>
>>39411355

RMT here, can you give us a better description of your position while doing that leg press? That other med-anon mentioned one possibility, as in, extending your neck to push your head back into the cushion? What were your arms doing, were they crossed Infront of your chest or something else? How were your feet positioned?

You mentioned that you felt weird after the shock you experienced... Any vertigo, nausea, light sensitivity?

Any other symptoms that you have experienced since that you may not attribute to said exercising but are nonetheless new?

Answers get answers broski, some of us are here to help.
>>
>>39411355
Did you neck twinge, then feels like muscles are grabbing base of skull at vertebrate?

I've had this happen during squats. Convinced its a muscular issue of some sort. Had headache after bc muscles were sore; cleared up after some time off, less than a week.
>>
Had something similar happen when I first started lifting a few years ago. Went down for a squat and when I locked out I immediately got the worst pounding headache of my life. For weeks after whenever my heartrate went up enough I would feel it creep in as a throbbing headache where my neck met my head. Went to a doctor and they said I 'strained my neck.' Whatever that means.
Ice it if it helps but it will go away on its own. Since fixing my breathing I have never had anything like it since.
>>
>>39411355
100% serious had the exact same thing happen to me once. First year of lifting. It was a partially torn muscle in my neck. Run up the back of my next to like the top of my head.

They put me in a soft neck brace and gave me muscle relaxers
>>
>>39411355
I need to ask you right now, is it a pain that you feel in the back of your neck or spine like your picture? Or do you feel it more in your occipital bone?
>>
This exact thing happened when I started lifting in highschool, basically gave me a perma headache until I went to the doctor, anytime I did any type of physical lifting the back of my neck would tense and my head would throb. He prescribed me some APO-cyclobenzaprine(muscle relaxant) and rabeprazole(something so the other drug dosent fuck up my stomach)
Took that shit for like a month and it cleared me up of all pain, though when i lift my neck will feel tender sometimes if I don't breath properly.

Idk you might have something similair, go see a doctor b4 it's too late fampai
>>
>>39411355
PROBABLY pinched a nerve, take it easy for a few days.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.