[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you count calories regularly? Just when you're cutting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Do you count calories regularly? Just when you're cutting or bulking? Tell me about how you handle your diet.
>>
I feel like throwing up and I'm still 1000 calories short
>>
I've got no idea what I'm going to do after my cut. It's like, I'm tracking everything now because I have to, and I know it works because I can see every number that goes in. But I don't see that as a sustainable lifestyle. How I'll control myself when I stop cutting, I've no idea.
>>
Honestly, if I were someone with a fast metabolism, I probably wouldn't give nearly as much of a shit about weightlifting and eating right. I'd just eat like crap and stay skinny.
>>
>>39401114
This is why it's easier to drink your calories
>>
Yep. I've been doing it for so long that even if I weren't trying to I'd still have a rough idea of the calories in a meal.
>>
>>39401323
>Believing the metabolism meme
Idiot.
>>
>>39401382
I'm fairly new, so what exactly am I missing?
>>
I always count calories. Eating 4000 a day now. Honestly, I don't need to since I eat the same thing every day but I like having the exact stats
>>
>>39401078
I counted for some time. It was extremely useful to do because it showed me what my regular diet was like, and after dialling in my macros I got a feel for what I should be eating. I don't count anymore, but I eat similar to what I did when I was couting so I know I'm not too far off
>>
>>39401399
Not that guy, but"fast metabolism" isn't a thing. Metabolism doesn't vary drastically from person to person, but activity level does and that makes all the difference. People who think they have a fast metabolism don't eat as much as they think they do and people with "slow metabolism" eat more than they think
>>
>>39401078
I always count calories. I try not to restrict them though unless I'm really stupidly going over my maintainence. I find it works out fine if you eat high protein and decent carbs rather than sugary shit
>>
>>39401429
yeah, I used to think I had fast metabolism, but in reality I was just reasonable active and, more importantly, had very little apetite. I would often skip meals, barely ate breakfast and so on. So when it came time to eat a really good pizza or candy or something I ate a ton, but on average my daily intake was pretty low.
>>
File: image.jpg (751KB, 2206x2157px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
751KB, 2206x2157px
>>39401078
Don't particularly count often, just mainly plan based on what I did the day before and what I'm doing that day

>worked out pretty hard yesterday, better make sure I don't short myself on protein in the next 24 hours
>throw eggs in fried rice with pork for that
>going to do some cardio today, better make sure I have some more carbs
>double up on sweet potatoes the meal before a workout
>don't drink 8 beers in one sitting
>stick to that

I just try to be aware of my portion control and stick away from sodas or any other simple sugars unless I know I'm going to be physically active soon after.

Pic related is where I'm at as of 2 weeks ago. Not drastically going up or down in weight so this probably wouldn't apply in those situations.
>>
>>39401078
I planned out and counted the calories for like 4-5 days worth of meals that covered all my macros and calorie needs for my goals. And I just alternate which one of those preplanned days to go with on a whim, if I start seeing a decline in progress I might re-evaluate it. But, it's been working alright so far.
>>
>>39401493

your chest and stomach are the same shape as mine, I'm trying to develop my shoulders and chest a lot more at the moment, looking thicc solid tight etc etc
>>
>>39401999
Thanks m8, maybe one day I'll have visible abs

OHP helped my shoulders quite a bit; chest is still definitely lagging behind everything else, but changed my bench form to narrow my elbows so it's progress.

>we're all gonna make it
>>
>>39402112

Yeah I have the same problem with bench, flared elbows are a bastard, I'm switching up to doing paused bench and higher reps with lower weight to try and nail the form.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.