[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I lift with one of my friends he pussies out and says

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: fnRJVcm.jpg (8KB, 261x173px) Image search: [Google]
fnRJVcm.jpg
8KB, 261x173px
Whenever I lift with one of my friends he pussies out and says hes finished after 2 exercises. I've never seen him break a sweat or be out of breath in the gym but he insists he's actually super tired and working hard.

Is there no hope for him? Should I just go back to lifting alone with actual intensity until I find a better lifting partner? Has anyone ever converted their lifting partner into someone who actually tries?
>>
File: 1476483253000.png (32KB, 688x578px) Image search: [Google]
1476483253000.png
32KB, 688x578px
stop making threads about me, tyler

i tried my best
>>
>>39399869
lmfao my dude it's not you.
>>
>>39399884
it's too late, i already know it's you. never speak to me again, you piece of shit
>>
>>39399855
New topic:

How do you seek out lifting partners that are going to make it?
>>
>>39399855
Think about this: Would you be able to get it up for some girl you're completely not into at all, don't think she's attractive in the least, not a sexy body at all so far as you're concerned? Rhetorical question, of course you'd have lots of problems with that, and at the very best you'd be out of there as fast as possible. Same thing with going to the gym: if you're not into it, you can't really be forced to do it, and in your friends case he did a minimal amount to mollify you, and then left as fast as he could. You have to be INTO something like training at the gym or it just doesn't work; it has to be HIS idea.
>>
>>39399855
Sounds like some kind of energy issues, honestly. Get him to pump himself full of pre-workout?

>>39399924
You can't convert someone. Trust me, I've tried. I've even had people come to me for advice, and I lay it out as simply as possible. They aren't going to stick to it if they can't make the minimum effort to learn for themselves. They're not invested and end up putting in minimal work in the gym as well.

tl;dr make friends with someone who already goes regularly
>>
>>39399855
When I started lifting I could do a certain number of reps and then my muscles just stopped. No sweat, no pain, nothing. If I tried really hard I'd strain more but the weight wouldn't move. Had doms for days after though.
>>
>>39400034
>>39399952
yeah the dude invites me because he thinks he can get results out of nowhere i guess, and I'm always down to lift with a friend and help them out.

I really wonder if he'll ever learn how to leave it all in the gym.

>>39400056
fair point but it seems like a lack of interest rather than that. When I was at that stage I found other exercises to do and probably over trained for a noob. That wears off pretty quick though.
>>
>friend wants to go to gym with me
>"cmon bro, you can do way more reps than that"
>"hey man, your form isn't good, don't go that low or you'll hurt your knees"
>"let's go do drop sets"
>try to have him spot me for bench
>sweaty fingers and balls 2 inches from my forehead as he tells me I can do more reps

It's not worth it. Lift alone.
>>
>>39399924

Encourage a friend to go to the gym. They might whine a little at first but thats fine. Take them to the gym and give them a few sessions to see how they perform.

After 3 sessions you should be able to tell how they're responding and whether they're a worthwhile partner. Some people really respond to it and become excited for gym sessions even though they may have bitched about it the first time. They'll be noticeably pushing themselves in their sessions.

Conversely it becomes easily apparent of those who won't make it. They consistently bitch or try to get out of going to the gym and when they do show up they don't actually push themselves.

I've seen both cases but it does take a few sessions before you can judge someone. Most of us hated lifting and exercising when we first started but that chore eventually became our life.
>>
>>39399855
>start going to the gym
>friend hits me up, he goes too, wants to go together
>sounds fun, but I'm not compromising, I'm doing SS
>he just fucks around half the time and half-arses everything else
>make no gains
>starts leaving earlier and earlier each session
>stops going

The funniest part was when he joined once after a few months and I had actually made gains. He was still fucking around with 0,5pl8 squat while I was squatting lmao2pl8. He left after 15 minutes that time.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.