[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/, I just made some green tea and in need of some advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1408340717089.jpg (100KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1408340717089.jpg
100KB, 500x666px
Sup /fit/, I just made some green tea and in need of some advice.

>be 23, have good job, gym regularly
>been through some shit in my life
>ever since being little, I had that "soldier mentality", keep going even when life gets rougher
>even tougher after my father left us, essentially was the "little man in the house" at age 7
>helped my mother as much as a little kid can (cleaning, caring for my little brother, etc)
>at high school, had talent with computers, sold torrented games/movies for profit
>not very successful with girls, but manage to pull a few
>longest was a 4-year relationship, ended with her cheating on me with my best friend
>feel like shit, don't show it, keep going with my life, being successful at uni and work
>find new girl, holy shit, she was the epitome of what I wanted as wife
>turns out whatever shines isn't gold and dump her ass
>did it when all my friends were leaving town to study abroad
>next day grandmother falls seriously ill, I take care of her ever since
>now only things I do is job/uni/gym and take care of grandma
>Yesterday learn that my friends won't be attending my graduation bcs too busy with their own education
>I just take it, can't do anything about it, but can't help not feeling sad
>just keep doing what I do

Overall, I am a resourceful person with a strong mentality, but how do I stop being sad all the time? Why is my soul so weak /fit/? All I want is someone to ask me "How are you Anon?" and actually caring how I am.

tl;dr I'm sad kunt, how do i becom sik kunt?
>>
>>39399166
You're alive, that's all you should need to be happy.
Take a trip somewhere abroad or go out in the wilderness and chill out. Works for me but everyone is different.

No one said life was going to be fun. Just enjoy the ride.
>>
God damn dude that blows.

Sometimes what we need in life is the assurance that whatever is happening to us isn't our fault.
You are unlucky. You don't deserve this stuff. Sometimes you get dicked through no fault of your own man.
People will agree your situation sucks and a lot of it isn't fair. Often because they can empathize.

But

The point of all this self-improvement, "soldier-on, "buck up" bullshit is that this stuff teaches you how to be happy.
Actually, it just guides the way. You have to work out most of it for yourself, because NO-ONE ELSE CAN.
There is no one-size-fits-all for happiness. No blueprint. No step-by-step plan.

Nobody can help you in any way other than showing you what worked for them. That's why people do stuff you think is pointless.

Stuff that just doesn't click for you, or you just don't 'get'.

They think that might be a route towards happiness for them. They might be wrong, they might be right. Either way it's for them, and not for you.

So take a moment and breathe.

Look around at what other people do to become happy. Try to notice patterns in what works and what doesn't. Try to find a few paths that you think might be right for you, and take a walk down them for a while. Even if it's not quite right, there is always a fork in the road if you just look.

Be careful of fake happiness. Pay special attention to if someone stands to gain by convincing you they are happy.

Above all, accept that happiness isn't something that you can ever achieve instantaneously. Happiness is something long-term and more about general well-being and contentment than any degree of momentary satisfaction.

So now all you have left to do is go and give it a try.
>>
File: 1478991231510.jpg (58KB, 1178x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478991231510.jpg
58KB, 1178x960px
You are doing fine and you are a sickunt. Its just feelssadkunt because you are getting sickunter with life throwing curve balls but you will be dipping your dick in womans like you carried a nacho to mexico when all this shit falls into place and clics ib you, making you a greater man.

You just break a great chunk and need time, the great sandpaper, to see the great details you are getting into you.

Keep going anon, you are doing nice. Bless your grandma.
>>
>>39399166
I'm not usually a fan of 'Motivation' videos but this is a guy I have a lot of respect for. About 20 years in the SEAL teams and former Commander for Task Unit during the Battle of Ramadi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdTMDpizis8
>>
>Yesterday learn that my friends won't be attending my graduation bcs too busy with their own education

Is this an American thing? Here in the UK graduations are attended mainly by family and significant others only.
>>
>>39399166
Hangin there, brother. You're fucking killing it. You're a fucking example to all the sicks cunts that just give up on life. Fuck being sad. Fuck it. You just feel bad, but your life is awesome. You're fucking killing it. Keep at it. Emotions are useless. Fuck them.

Meditate & let go.
>>
File: 1424297702844.gif (944KB, 275x428px) Image search: [Google]
1424297702844.gif
944KB, 275x428px
One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting when one is overtaken by TEMPORARY DEFEAT.

The story "Three Feet From Gold" - My abridged version

An uncle of R.U. Darby was struck with gold fever and went seeing a source out West. He found a huge reservoir in Colorado. He gathered as much money he could with family, bought an armada of mining equipment and enjoyed the riches of the vein of gold.

But then the gold stopped coming. They thought they had reached the end of the vein. They packed up shop.

A mining engineer bought Darby's "junk" equipment he was selling. This engineer revisited the vein and, according to his calculation, Darby had stopped drilling just 3 feet above an even more plentiful gold vein.
Before success comes in any man's life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and perhaps some failure. When defeat overtakes a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do.

Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning. It takes great delight in tripping one when success is almost within reach.
Don't stop drilling when the gold is only three feet away anon
>>
OP here.

>>39399197
>>39399282
>>39399298
>>39399323
>>39399430
>>39399494

Thank you very much for these replies fellas. I came looking for advice, and I got both advice and few cheering words. Right now, I have put on some good ambient music and picked up a book I left half-finished. I'll probably spend the evening reading it. If any bookfag is interested, it's "Europe: a history", by Norman Davies.

>>39399374
I don't know if it's a thing anywhere, but it's something that would have made me happy. Understandably, it won't be happening and there's nothing I can do about it, so I should pick myself up a bit.

Again, thank you all fellas. Keep on lifting, and keep on being happy.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-11-06-15-59-32.png (257KB, 480x854px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-06-15-59-32.png
257KB, 480x854px
>>39399859
Fucking love /fit/ this year. We are becoming more friendly. Ita because the ones that are here f o r e v e r are making it? I feel a more mature vibe this year idk brahs. Its not the year of legendary trips, but of a empathic anon and I like that.

Brutal Test as reward, fuck ur dicks.
>>
>>39399166
How are you Anon?
>>
>>39400174

I feel a bit better desu fampai.
>>
>>39399166
You have a chip on your shoulder. Focus on being present, there is always a silver lining, you just have to change your perspective to see it.
>>
gay
>>
>>39399166
Happiness will come to you, since you are open to it. Don't worry, hang in there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.