[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>gelatine >99% protein by dry weight, cheaper than whey,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 9527596667_c49068301a_b.jpg (377KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
9527596667_c49068301a_b.jpg
377KB, 1024x683px
>gelatine
>99% protein by dry weight, cheaper than whey, but provides more protons
>negative calorie food, you burn more energy to digest than it provides your body with
>good for your skin, nails, joints etc
>>
>>39397760
>gelatine
This shit tastes wack, it is literally all the chewy bits off a pig refined into a powder.
>>
>>39397806
you don't eat it raw but make a jello sort of thing with it

meat is literally the muscle tissues of different animals and don't even start on eggs
>>
>>39397760
>negative calorie food

are we back to that again?
>>
>>39397760
>Negative calories
>99% protein

If it is negative/zero calories then it does not help you in the protein area you fag
>>
>>39398165
You're not supposed to eat JUST gelatine, eat other foods with it you tard.

>body burns other foods
>body uses gelatine for muscle building

What the fuck is difficult to understand here?!
>>
>>39398221
this is /fit/, the home of spoon feeding.
>>
>>39398221
>>39398246
Wow these geniuses just cracked the code. Enjoy your nogainz
>>
>135g
>83 calories
>1.6g protein
How is this good?
>>
>>39398221
topkek
>>
>>39397760
>negative calorie food

then it's not really food, is it
>>
>>39397760
Okay, storytime.

So, I was going keto and decided that aspic was just the thing to make. If you're unfamiliar, it's basically jello with fruit in it except with meat. So, you take unflavored gelatin, use broth to reconstitute it, add your cooked meat (I used turkey breast), and let set.

Here's the problem: if you're eating a lot of this stuff then the gelatin starts to get to you because of how much you need to consume to hit your macros. I decided to "solve" this problem by just using less liquid.

Well, it turns out that gelatin will absorb as much water to be saturated no matter where it comes from. So, if you eat gelatin that isn't fully hydrated, it will suck moisture out of your body until it reaches saturation. I learned this tidbit of information after I passed out from dehydration on the toilet after trying in vain to shit for two days (because desiccated GI tract = constipation too).

Basically, if you want to try this, just learn from my retardation.
>>
>>39398545
>sweetened gelatin
OP was talking about unsweetened gelatin.
>100g
>24 calories
>6g protein

That being said, despite being a good protein source it's "empty calories" it's literally only protein. There are no micronutrients, fiber or minerals to speak of. Might as well just eat chicken breast, which at least has vitamin b12, b6 and potassium along with BCAAs. All around better choice.
>>
So gelatin could replace my protein powder post workout for less money?

that seems good
>>
This thread again
>>
>>39398933
You should have taken a picture while dehydrated. Probably looked shredded as hell.
>>
>>39397760
>99% protein
Wait a moment, are you telling me Jell-O is this protein dense? Tell me more
>>
Oh sweet anon, you should mix that with pork rinds which contain 70% protein!
I can't believe how many people fell for the IIFYM meme
>>
>>39398933
Why didn't you just drink more water
>>
>>39399269
I did after I passed out the first time. I didn't realize that was the problem until afterwards.
>>
>>39397760
Gelatine is not a complete protein.
This won't fill your protein requirement the same way whey will simply because it has a deficiency of aminoacids.
>>
>>39397760
is this the stevia of /fit/
>>
>>39399477
this, protein as a main source of protein causes malnutrition
>>
File: scoops.png (2MB, 1679x1045px) Image search: [Google]
scoops.png
2MB, 1679x1045px
>>39399789
>protein as a main source of protein causes malnutrition
wtf I hate protein now
>>
>>39397760
what do you make out of it?

>>39397827
what about eggs?
>>
>>39397760
How do I eat it and how much does it cost?
>>
>>39397760
Lolkek roflkek kekulekekekekekekekek
>>
>>39397760
Because no one needs proline and glycine as their primary amino acids
Also the concentrations needed for it to really be efficacious leads to a decrease in the bioavailability of other proteins
>>
>>39400723
can you explain how it decreases the bioavailability of other proteins?
>>
>>39397760
your body can't effectively use the protons in gelatins bruv
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.