[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I really need to go crazy with the bulking and eat 3500-4000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 2346246.jpg (14KB, 252x300px) Image search: [Google]
2346246.jpg
14KB, 252x300px
Do I really need to go crazy with the bulking and eat 3500-4000 calories a day when I do the starting strength program? Can't I just eat what I normally eat and just drink some more milk and protein powder? 1g protein for every lbs of bodyweight, isn't that what the sticky say? Isn't that enough?
>>
>>39392707
Before some memelord says GOMAD, don't.

Calculate your TDEE and aim between 200 and 500 Kcal of surplus. 1g of protein for every lbs of bw is more than enough for a noob, yes.
>>
>>39392707
the more the better
>>
File: 214214.png (23KB, 565x306px) Image search: [Google]
214214.png
23KB, 565x306px
>>39392733
Thanks. Does the starting strength program count as Light Exercise, Moderate Exercise or Heavy?
>>
>>39392707
So, yes: you don't need more than like 500kcal a day and a good amount of protein to gain muscle.

However, there's more to food than calories. On days where you're hitting the gym hard, you should consider eating more so that you have plenty of energy.
>>
>>39392774
moderate
>>
>>39392774
This one is better: http://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/
>>
>>39392786
So if I'm a motionless neet with a stable weight at the moment that must mean that I need to eat 700 more calories than I eat today, right?
>>
>>39392818
are you the guy who posted the picture >>39392774?

use your stats and use a 3-5 times per week activity which is usually moderate then eat 300-500 over your calculated TDEE if you want to gain weight.

if you are motionless now you are burning 2,339 calories per day as per picture. if you start working out you will be burning around 3,000+ per day so you would have eat around 1000-1200 more calories than you do now in order to gain weight.
>>
I am doing a 4000 calorie clean bulk along with intermittent fasting and it's great because i am putting on muscle and I am seeing some definition without increasing my waistline. I am nearly out of the skinny/bulky fat stage. But to answer your question no, moderation is key in everything.

Also I recommend doing some 5x5 lifts with a rest period of 4-5 minutes to build raw strength
>>
>>39392886
Thanks. The guide was 100% correct then.

I'm already trying to stray away from the instructions and I haven't even started yet. I'm going to fuck up this up so hard
>>
>>39393037
don't worry about it. recalculate your tdee roughly every month and adjust calories as needed, lift heavy and rest.

if you want to gain weight eat around 500 more than your tdee, if you want to lose it eat 500 less. if you want to maintain it eat at your tdee.

that's all there is to it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.