[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is med school like? what is the work life balance like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: doctor.jpg (49KB, 450x675px) Image search: [Google]
doctor.jpg
49KB, 450x675px
What is med school like? what is the work life balance like? I've always wanted to help people in a way that i can apply my analytic talents, and i like the idea of at least waking up each day knowing you're doing something good, which i don't see in allot of other professions. But i also don't want to loose my 20s to books, i'm a very hard worker but i also need a good social component to my life, which i've found out over the years. Is going through med school a good place to form bonds with people or is it sterile?

I have the grades going in but i'm just not sure if this is the right path or not. Any experiences would be sick.
>>
>>39387623
This is not /fit/-related.
My life consists of: lifting, drinking, studying.
So everything's good.
t. med 1
>>
>>39387647
yeah lol i could be pissing in the wind posting this here. Sounds like a worthy lifestyle.
>>
You could do PA school like me. Only 2 years after undergrad and then you can start practicing medicine. Or become a rad-tech or a nurse. Lots of choices. Sounds like you should visit the health department in your college and ask these questions.
>>
5th year europe med here
school is chill now but when im at work its like 8-20 everyday and some weekends = no energy left for gym
>>
4th european med student.
Long days when doing rotations in the hospital. Training 6 days/week prepping for bodybuilding show.
Doable, but keeping food and sleep perfectly on dial is essential to keep this up. Slacking sometimes a bit on prep work I couldve done for my rotations, but that is the balance I want.

Social life is limited to gym only and short meetings in the evening/weekend. Rough on the romantic site of things, but I find it still possible to have sex/quality time 2-3 times every week.

TLDR: planning, planning, and planning. And dont be a pussy about being tired.
>>
>>39387623
If you didn't study medicine from kindergarten you can forget about being successful.
>>
>>39387623
>>39387623

Most of them are angry and devoid of social contact.

Overworked, underpaid and pretty much bitter.

There are some genuinely great people but that's rare and most are dead inside.

GO for it if it's something you really want.

>I've always wanted to help people in a way that i can apply my analytic talents

You're probably delusional faggot though

>>39387713

Rad techs are comfy jobs. Honestly not much openings in metro areas and you better have connections.
>>
>>39388349
oh yeah defiantly delusional i dunno i'd like to be a doctor but i also just want to fuck around for the rest of my 20s so probs not gonna do it
>>
>>39387623
>>39387623
Depends on your country
>>
>>39387623
UK just graduated this summer.

Only do it if u literally cannot think of ever being anything other than a doctor. Med school isnt THAT hard, you chill out 8 months of the year and panic for 2 until exams, but as soon as you graduate thats it.

Your life becomes work, long hours, shit pay, ungrateful patients, rude staff. Sleep suffers and youre tired all the time, no holidays, you might miss weddings and funerals because you need to give like 3 months advance notice for leave, you might be sent accross the country to train in your chosen specialty so you cant see your friends and family.

Its very similar to being in the Army actually.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.