[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad to eat the exact same food every single day if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1478123053501.png (71KB, 698x749px) Image search: [Google]
1478123053501.png
71KB, 698x749px
Is it bad to eat the exact same food every single day if I take a multivitamin?
>>
>>39384369
if you eat the same food 3x a week straight, your head will explode.
>>
>>39384392
Ebin
>>
>>39384369
well... what are you eating?
>>
>>39384953
Eggs, Lentils, Oats, Peas, Apples, Protein Powder, Peanut Butter

That's basically it.
>>
>>39385100
Vegetarian?

What about potassium?
>>
>>39384369
Change up your diet, OP. Yeah you could answer >>39385726 by adding bananas or something, but the truth is that nutrition is more complicated than you think. Odds are that you're going to be missing out on a vitamin or essential amino acid or some other micronutrient, and after a while it's gonna fuck you up. It's okay to eat SIMILAR things day in day out, but for fuck's sake not the exact same thing.

And if after doing this for a while you find that you're craving something (as opposed to merely wanting it), then eat it. Your body tries to tell you this stuff.
>>
>>39385726

Seems he's on the broke ass nigga diet
>>
>>39385726
Yeah vegetarian. But also >>39385779

Why is potassium needed? >>39385755
>>
>>39385839

potassium is an important ion involved in neuron activation.

If you don't have potassium, eventually your neurons won't fire which means you die. Other ions fill a similar role, but the neuron cells are specifically structured for potassium (and sodium)
>>
>>39384369

For whatever reason, multivitamins have less proven advantages than separate supplements. I have no idea why and maybe it's about poor research setting. Anyway I'd play it safe and choose all nutrients individually.

>vitamins C and D
>zinc gluconate
>magnesium
>omega 3

plus whatever you're lacking for some specific reason (iron, vit b, something something...)
>>
>>39384369
I read somewhere that science discovered taking pills with vitamins/trace minerals/coenzymes and such is less effective than eating food with the same amount of those.
>>
>>39387149

From what I remember reading, it was that the multivitamins have plenty of micronutrients, but they have low bioavailability, so you are only getting a fraction of what is available if it is in a form the intestines can absorb.
>>
>>39385100
Id say add bananas or coconut water to your diet. Also you need a larger range of veggies if you aren't supplementing

Sweet potato, garlic, ginger, different herbs, kale, etc. all high in the nutrients you need.
>>
>>39385839
Very important, your body will not function properly with out it. Get that shit in your diet man.
>>
>>39385100

If you buy frozen vegetable mixes, you can make a stir-fry with the lentils/beans
>>
Shit I never realised it was important. Thanks guys I'll stock up on potatoes and bananas.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.