[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /fit/ as usual I'm trying to lose weight because I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1478234520468.jpg (277KB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478234520468.jpg
277KB, 1480x1080px
Hello /fit/ as usual I'm trying to lose weight because I want to kill myself, I've been doing 40 minutes on the treadmill every day since September and so far I've lost 8 kilos (125/117kg or 275/257 in pounds) and eating about 1700 calories a day. My problem is that I only have 10 pound weights to use for lifting, I refuse to go to the gym because there's no fucking way I could work out in front of random people until I lose at least a little more weight by myself, it's just not happening. All that's happened so far is that my arms are converting the fat into muscle, they're not really getting bigger. So I just want to get your input on what would happen if I just kept using these tiny shit weights for now, my priority is just to stop being a fatass first and foremost, which is why I'm so focused on cardio.
>>
File: DSC_0636.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0636.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
And I guess I need to include a cbt as well, I look dreadful but imagine this with an extra 8 kilos of lard. What it comes down to is am I ok to just completely focus on weight loss until I'm happy going to the gym for muscle gain?
>>
>>39379720
I've seen nigger people kill it at the gym. Thing is anon, anyone who steps into the gym and is there to work has my respect.

I sense you got some issues to work on within yourself as well, don't put so much stock into what you assume people will think about you. You can lose all the weight with what shit kicker weight you have but your mentality is what's going to get you further in what you want to accomplish.
>>
>>39379738
I meant bigger, not nigger. Damn autocorrect.
>>
>>39379708
Nigga.
If you're at the gym, you're there to get strong.

If you were already strong naturally you wouldn't need to go to the gym

Everyone there is a weak fuck trying to get better.

If anyone ever takes the piss out of you when you're lifting babby weights, tell them that.

>No shit it's lightweight. I'm at the gym to get stronger becasue I'm weak. Why are you here? Picking up guys?
>>
>>39379738
>>39379771
Thank you, that's understandable. I'll get a gym membership eventually and I do feel that it's better to combine lifting and cardio to get the best out of your body, but I've got a treadmill here so I'll probably go out and buy a larger weight set and see where I stand. I think if I can look just a little bit better it will help substantially with self-esteem and that'll carry over to gym exercising. I only turned 18 a few weeks ago, what's the age cross-section like at a typical franchise one? I figure it's quite diverse
>>
>>39379825
You're welcome anon, most important thing is that you feel motivated enough to remain consistent with your routine and diet, so when the time comes to join the gym you won't get cold feet and pay your fees without getting back in return.

Also depending on the rate, location, and time it's impossible to pin point the demographic that gym will bring in. I got to LA Fitness. One location has college kids in it but another one 10 minutes out of the way has blue collared folks. Either way fuck who else is around you unless they are there to push you to your goal.
>>
>>39379720
h3h3 is that you?
>>
>>39379825
my gym is ranged from 15-90, quite a few seniors, lots of buff guys at 25+, 18-21 looking quite fit, 15-18 yr olds all kinda dyel, with 18 there may be some buff dudes at your age but quite a lot who are just starting out like you
>>
>>39379917
Negative

I do need a haircut though
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.