[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/, I'm still kind of a noob dyel but I am following

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
Hey /fit/, I'm still kind of a noob dyel but I am following Greyskull LP and it's going pretty well but today the only bench press (shitty commercial gym) was taken by 3 retards that did supersets and I didn't want to mess up my routine so I did DB bench press instead (not incline/decline).

My question is, if I ever need to do this again, would that still improve my bench press strength? Does it target most of the same muscles?
>>
>>39379629
you won't build much strength on dumbbells
>source: my broscience
>>
>>39379640
That's what I was thinking, DB press is more for aesthetics where the real bench press gives you the strength gains isn't it?

Welp I'm gonna stall on bench I guess, thanks shitty gym for only having one bench and thanks 3 retards for humping the bench for half an hour.
>>
>>39379640
you can build strength with any movement that has sufficient range of motion and mechanical tension and hits the right muscles
>>39379687
heavy sets of 5 or less are most specific to strength, and doing sets like that is very difficult with dumbbells (at that point trying to stay balanced and get the DBs into position is harder than the actual set)

so yes for maximal strength BB bench is better, but that isn't to say that DB bench is only for looks

as long as you progressively overload in a reasonable rep range you will get stronger
>>
>>39380336
You can build strength at any rep range.

Source: leeman
>>
>>39380379
leeman is a bad example because he's geared out of his mind

he does a very extreme form of linear periodization where he goes from like 30 reps down to heavy triples and doubles over a few months

linear periodization this extreme over this long of a timescale doesn't work very well for natty lifters because you are detraining one capacity while training another (you start sucking shit at volume work while peaking, you start sucking shit at lifting heavy early on when you're doing 30 rep sets)

steroids somewhat fix this and let you retain all your adaptations better (also even with the low mechanical tension of a 30 rep set you'll still build muscle with steroids, this is not the case natty unless you're untrained)

good linear periodization for natties should stay in more sane rep ranges (maybe like 12-15 down to 1-3)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.