[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long did it take you to stall on SS? I think I just did and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1476780407240.jpg (71KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
1476780407240.jpg
71KB, 600x410px
How long did it take you to stall on SS? I think I just did and now I have to look for something else. I'm eating 500 over my TDEE and I'm sleeping for almost 10 hours per night so that's not the problem.

Here are my lifts (5'8" and around 74 kg):
110 kg Squat
55 OHP
80 Bench
120 Deadlift

Failed on last squat set twice now, OHP feels like it's going backwards (was able to do 57.5x3x4 but for the past 2 weeks I struggle with 55x3x5. Had to do 50x3x5 today), stuck on bench for 2 weeks now. Maybe DL is the only thing I can increase some more but I feel that my overhand grip is slowly becoming the limiting factor in it.

Would Texas Method + PPL for hypertrophy after compounds be too much volume? I want to do something that will steadily progress my compounds while at the same time improve my looks.
>>
>>39379178
>Failed on last squat set twice now,
because you didn't follow the instructions and rest 5-8 minutes between sets

>OHP feels like it's going backwards (was able to do 57.5x3x4 but for the past 2 weeks I struggle with 55x3x5. Had to do 50x3x5 today), stuck on bench for 2 weeks now.
because you didn't follow instructions and try to do 2.5kg jumps

>Maybe DL is the only thing I can increase some more but I feel that my overhand grip is slowly becoming the limiting factor in it.
learn to hook grip

>Would Texas Method + PPL for hypertrophy after compounds be too much volume?
texas method is very, very hard. adding a ton of shit to it is unrealistic.
>>
>>39379193
>>39379193
>texas method is very, very hard.
>>
>>39379203
yes, that is correct.
>>
>>39379193
>because you didn't follow the instructions and rest 5-8 minutes between sets
I'm resting 5+ minutes.

>because you didn't follow instructions and try to do 2.5kg jumps
I did.

>texas method is very, very hard. adding a ton of shit to it is unrealistic.
Are there any other programs that would give me my goal or is it unrealistic?
>>
>>39379212
>I'm resting 5+ minutes.
If you say so. I've found that if the rest time is long enough I will complete all the sets even if the first set feels hard. If you can do the first two sets and fail on the last one then it's very likely you're not resting long enough.

>I did.
in your post you say your OHP is stuck on 55 kg because you can't do 57.5kg. clearly you're doing 2.5kg jumps.

>Are there any other programs that would give me my goal or is it unrealistic?
texas method works, but you can't add a ton of shit to it. I don't see why you need to, though. You need some curls, maybe some extra work for your shoulders and calves. As long as you're making steady progress on all the compounds and eating a small surplus you'll get bigger and bigger.
>>
>>39379227
Sorry misread that. I'm going to buy some 0.5 kg plates just for OHP.

But why was I able to do it with 55x3x5 then progressed nicely to 57.5x3x4 only to start struggling on 55x3x5 again? Should I eat more?
>>
>>39379252
Because 57.5x3x4 was too big of a stress for you to recover from in time so your performance suffered. You didn't get weaker, you were just underrecovered.

Eating more is one solution, but if you get microplates you can probably push it more. I did 1kg jumps from around 80kg bench to over 100kg when doing SS. There's no way I could have done that with 2.5kg jump. Same for the press.

You might be getting near the end of the program, though, so don't try to force it too much. When you feel you're spinning your wheels I recommend getting on TM (or something else) and getting that slower, but more consistent progress. Also note that it's possible to do TM for one of the exercises and doing SS for the rest. For example, I started TM programming on squats and kept SS style programming on bench/press for many more weeks. if you're still making linear progress on something then you don't have to change everything at the same time
>>
>>39379279
Thanks. I'll increase my rest times to around 8 minutes next week and try to resume progress in 1 kg jumps and see where it takes me. If I'm still stuck I'll just do TM for that compound like you suggested.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.