[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like to go hiking and cross country skiing but I spend most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

I like to go hiking and cross country skiing but I spend most of my day in an office

How do I know which exercises are suitable for me?
>>
File: The Ridge.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
The Ridge.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I'm unsure how spending most of your day in an office and frequently skiing and hiking somehow implies that you should do things differently.

You're not special, follow the same general guidelines anyone else would follow:

>Compound lifts
>Eating properly
>HIIT if you want to stay lean, burst your heart

Question answered.

SAGE
>>
>>39378572
what the fuck was the point in this post did you have a bad day at work phaggot?

>>39378546
You should train with squats and lunges, they have insanely good carry over to Skiiing and Hiking, I do both.

Cardio is pretty important, obviously, my favorite (and best carry over) is incline hill walking and the stairmaster if your gym has one. Low intensity steady state.

Deadlifts are also really great for your posture, which as you would know are very important for both Hiking and Skiing. I had a buddy of mine nearly completely snap his shit up, while he was getting checked out/Xrayed, the doctor said had he not had such insanely strong lower back/spinal muscles he would have definitely slipped a disc and possible ruined his spine for life.

That same guy also pulls 405 Deadlifts for reps. So I have reason to believe that is no coincidence and having a very strong core could save your life if an accident occured while on the slopes.

Hope this helped.
>>
>>39378603
Great, so what you're telling the OP is that he should do compound lifts and not ignore legs? And some cardio too? So:

>Compound lifts
>HIIT

Pretty much the same thing you'd tell anyone else who didn't care purely about pwr/oly lifting. Groundbreaking shit, really.
>>
>>39378546
https://www.t-nation.com/training/bulgarian-split-squats
>(Please, hear me out before you slap the wuss tag on me and search for the next "do squats and drink milk" article.)
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.