[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got introduced to the gym the gym staff told me to use ma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1450335312177.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1450335312177.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
I got introduced to the gym

the gym staff told me to use machines because they're beter and to work out more than an hour at a time because the strain causes best gains

this goes against what I've read, especially here

http://www.weightrainer.net/training/rules.html

so what do i do brehs

also how long did it take you to learn proper form with deadlifts, squats, presses etc?
>>
they also said go more than 3x a week

whats this bout lads
>>
>>39377931
99% of trainers are DYELS that know jack Shit about what they're talking about.
I bet that "trainer" can't even squat 225 and probably looks like Shit compared to anyone that actually lifts.
Get on a good linear progression free weight program.
Most people on here recommend starting strength, I recommend Greyskull LP and another option would be Stronglifts 5x5.
Also make sure to get enough sleep and to get your nutrition in check. Read the sticky on this board for that.
For form I would recommend you to watch some YouTube videos and Google Gregg Nuckols guides for the squat, deadlift and bench press.

By the way machines are alright of you use them for assistance work. The problem with them is that you are using less stabilizers and that you can't adapt your form. On the bench press you can try out a few different grip widths and bar paths for instance to optimize the movement, on the chest press machine you can't do that obviously.
>>
Gym staff wants you on machines because it's safer.

In terms of gains, free weights are more efficient.

Lifting more than 3x is fine, ONLY when you're on a split. if your routine is full body, 3x nonconservative is your max (light cardio on off days is fine)
>>
>>39378058
yeah it was a girl too

i want to do greyskull LP actually, SS was my second choice and I've downloaded the SS book to read too

Nutrition and sleep are good, I've lost a lot of weight.

how long does it usually take to learn good form?

greyskull doesnt take up more than 3 days /week and the total time lifting would be at most 45 mins
>>
>>39377931
>the gym staff told me to use machines because they're beter and to work out more than an hour at a time because the strain causes best gains
Put it into perspective, they applied for the job 'cause the people around them gave them the impression they knew a lot about fitness. Maybe they knew a lot more than those people, but not a lot. They're probably just working their for the free membership. Just tell them you've got your routine and that's what you wanna do.
>>
>>39378088

Takes a couple months to get truly good form.
>>
>>39378087
>Lifting more than 3x is fine, ONLY when you're on a split. if your routine is full body, 3x nonconservative is your max (light cardio on off days is fine)
What did he mean by this? 3 times a week?
>>
>>39377931

Never ever ever ever listen to a PT that is small and skinny. They know jackshit and have probably never been fat in there life.

You want a tall/large guy, the older the better.
For chicks you want one that is thick as fuck, not just a cardio bunny.

Most PT's are shit. They just work out a lot and think it makes them experts.
>>
>>39378127

Lift 3 times a week full body, more times a week if you're doing a split and focusing on different body parts.

Basically you need rest.
>>
>>39378118
will do

i'll check to see if any fucking white males can give me tips on form as i progress

>>39378125
ty

>>39378152
this one was a cardio bunny chick

>>39378160
yep most gains made during sleep. greyskull/SS/SL are all 3 days full body right
>>
>>39378125
>months
I've been doing SL for around 3 months and my form is getting worse with added weight. I can verify this because doing 75 lbs OHP for example, I don't always go perfectly straight up and the bar isn't over the middle of my feet at the top, but if I go down to 60 I can do the exercise perfectly. How can my form get better if I keep adding more weight? Same with squats, I can do it with lower weight but at higher weights (150 now) my lower back starts rounding heavily.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.