[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a pretty small chest, especially upper chest. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: liltit.jpg (65KB, 643x921px) Image search: [Google]
liltit.jpg
65KB, 643x921px
I have a pretty small chest, especially upper chest. It's particularly hard for me to engage it via flyes, bench press, dumbbell press, push ups, etc. My arms are growing alot more than my chest because it seems to be so weak. I've tried packing my shoulders, dropping them, squeezing my chest, putting a rolled up towel underneath my back, "bending the bar", all sorts of stuff, but it's really difficult to consistently work my chest more than my arms. How do you start building a bigger chest if you have no chest?
>>
I don't know but I also have a weak chest.
I'm just gonna lurk and see if anyone can help
>>
Are you actually doing proper form on bench?
>>
>>39369873
Not OP, but I'm keenly interested in this.

I found out not long ago I was doing bench with hands way too close and it was killing my progression.
>>
>>39369849
Flat bench is terrible for chest activation. Try incline and decline. Try dumbells. Other than that you cant do flies with proper form without activating your pecs, so flies too, dumbell or cable. I really enjoy barbell flies
>>
File: sadchest.jpg (762KB, 1743x2041px) Image search: [Google]
sadchest.jpg
762KB, 1743x2041px
>>39369849

here is a (very unfortunate) picture of my circumstance

>>39369873

when I was trying to correctly learn how to do bench press, this was the video I watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYKScL2sgCs
>>
I switched to dumbells and made sure i was flexing my back at the beginning of each rep. it helped me.
>>
>>39369887
You're supposed to dig your back and ass into the bench with your feet planted on the floor. Push your scapula's into the bench whenever you do the bench. Because when you don't, your arms and shoulders are taking on most of the work, and your chest doesn't have the ROM to be a part of the workout.

Whereas if you dig your scapula's into the bench it opens up your chest to stretch and move which means MORE power in your benches and MORE emphasis on your chest.

Imagine that you're trying to push two objects away from each other. One is the bar, and one is the bench. You want to simultaneously dig your back and ass into the bench while you push the bar away. That's why you see guys with arched backs doing the bp.

Look up proper bench press form with mark rippetoe with the art of manliness on YouTube.
>>
>>39369903
Just be sure not to do flies on a bench laying down. Be sure you're seated or standing up while doing them, otherwise you're just going to cause impedance problems
>>
>>39369941
That really makes sense to me.

It explains the people who go the bench and suddenly come an arch.

Or why when I use a chest focused machine, I feel my scapulas push hard against the bench.

I'm still new so this type of advice really helps.
>>
>>39369849
What split are you doing?
>>
From my experience pec flyes are the best exercise for gaining a well rounded chest.
Do them slow and steady and pause for a second or two when you squeeze.
For example, when I just do a set of 10 reps, it takes me around 30 seconds to finish the set.
This allows for maximum blood flow to the chest, which is key to getting ANY muscle bigger.
>>
>>39369849
Try reverse grip bench, it's better than incline for upper chest
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.