[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are pic related bumper plates and does that mean I am allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: plates.jpg (52KB, 1024x562px) Image search: [Google]
plates.jpg
52KB, 1024x562px
Are pic related bumper plates and does that mean I am allowed to drop the bar?

I have been on SS for a couple of months and am working on my power cleans. I figure I need to work out how to drop it now (while still light) in preparation for when it is heavy.

Apart from damaging the plates will it fuck the rubber like floor?

Side question, the Olympic squat rack has a movable Olympic bar holder. I see people put one end of the bar into this and then put like 2 plates on the other end. They then stand over the bar and pull it up and down between their legs.

What is this exercise called?
>>
>>39361558

Yes, drop that shit. Safely. Straight up & down.

>Side question, the Olympic squat rack has a movable Olympic bar holder. I see people put one end of the bar into this and then put like 2 plates on the other end. They then stand over the bar and pull it up and down between their legs.

Row
>>
>>39361558
>What is this exercise called?
Ball busting
>>
>>39361558

T-bar row
>>
According to the prophet Rippetoe, you don't drop power cleans. You do the reverse swing and set them back down.
>>
>>39361558
>I figure I need to work out how to drop it now

yeah buddy because letting the bar go from the rack position is so hard you gotta prepare for it

it will fuck up the concrete underneath if it's just rubber matting like most gyms have and not a proper platform
>>
>>39361558
T-bar row.
What are the benefits of this vs bb rows?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.