[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fit/ i'm new to lifting and when I perform squatting my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1475795373118.jpg (61KB, 408x473px) Image search: [Google]
1475795373118.jpg
61KB, 408x473px
/fit/ i'm new to lifting and when I perform squatting my arm gets numb. Does this have something to do with my form or could it be something else?
>>
>>39359173
Classic newb problem, forgot your squat plug.
>>
Get a squat plug, really helped me with arm pain.
>>
>>39359179
Are squat plugs an actual thing?
>>
>>39359173
If it's a tingly numb then put the bar a little further down your traps.
>>
I'll jump on this thread. AFter I squat, my legs don't particularly hurt. Everyone seems to go on about how bad it is after squats but I get very little, while my arms for example I can feel some soreness in them. I am a beginner so doing low weights but compared to my other lifts it's not progressing as much. When I am doing them I push just as hard if not harder than my other lifts. I try to go ass to the ground as much as possible but it is usually about 70% of a set. I am trying to keep my back straight, go down in a straight line at the middle of my feet but I dunno. I am starting to really dislike squats, but I want to keep doing them, I don't want to let them get the better for me.
>>
>>39359173
you could try placing your hands slightly further apart when you grip the bar
>>
Currently I'm cutting, was bulking before summer and then I traveled, slacked and let myself go a bit. My lifts didn't suffer TOO much, I did lose 10-20% roughly of strength but oh well, it should come quickly. But I still have same issue with squats.
I had it before and I ignored it I think mainly because of the "gotta lift more" aspect, add more weight every week.

Basically the issue is during the squat and mainly while coming up my chest leans over too much. Yeah I'm doing low bar but it pretty much happens with high bar too. I tried smith machine squat and had no pain or mobility issues so idk, a lot less weight. Tried with less weight and I could kinda do it but still not as upright as I could on smith.
I think it's too much weight, I'll deload and focus on form and probably weak abs? I noticed when I tense them up while I'm at top I kinda start shaking or losing balance and during the whole up and down it doesn't go that well. So I'm guessing weak core?
Oh yeah and another issue, I think I have some shoulder or back mobility issue too because I can't really grip the barbell during squat without too much wrist pain, I go thumb-less and usually wide. I do keep my shoulders pinched and tight and all but yeah, need advie on this too.
I'm assuming I'll need to do lots of stretching and strengthening core if that's the issue or something else but I just need to find out what exactly.
>>
>>39359173
is it around your shoulder, where the middle and rear delt are?
I was having some numbness in that area from squatting, and I think it was because I had the bar too low.
I was trying to squat with the weight basically on my shoulders rather than at the curvature of the delts and on the spine of the scapula
moved it up a little bit and the numbness/tingling went away
>>
Is it bad if I have to keep my legs wider (not as wide for wide stance) since I can't really go low with narrower stance?
>>
Everyone watching the elections, no luck for us here heh
>>
Now that our savior Trump has won maybe someone can chime in
>>
HIP DRIVEE
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.