[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been doing planks every workout for a month now and my pathetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3403.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3403.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
Been doing planks every workout for a month now and my pathetic excuse for a core still looks horrible. What do? I'm on SS, 6'1 170lbs

Pic related my goal
>>
>>39358358
are planks the only exercise for abs you do?
>>
>>39358387
y-yes
>>
>>39358358
>i have been doing one exercise for a massive muscle group for an entire month y no results
>>
>>39358358
Try this?
https://youtu.be/9v8zrMD1Qbg

Also, don't forget to bulk slow then cut. If you're still on SS you're still a noob and building some muscle without getting overly fat is more important than abs which you aren't going to have for a while anyway. A six-pack doesn't happen in a few months, it takes a few years of training to get a strong as fuark core and to cut to 10% or lower. Shit takes time and patience. Planks are a good start though, do them, or the exercise I linked to, and maybe something like hanging leg raises or windscreen wipers when you get advanced enough. Once you get to that stage you'll have abs, it's just a case of burning fat to uncover them.
>>
>>39358587
I just tried these and damn it actually hit my core pretty hard.
>>
File: laughing-homer-gold.jpg (44KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-homer-gold.jpg
44KB, 512x384px
>>39358358
>that guy who only does planks to get abs
>>
>>39358358
>only does planks
>core still looks horrible

cmon nigga
>>
>>39358943
I always thought adding to much shit on SS was bad
>>
>>39358980
>Not adding acessory lifts to SS
>>
>>39359079
l-like what
>>
>>39358483
there's your problem dude. Do some hanging leg side raises for your obliques. They will pop out in like 2 weeks.
>>
>>39360106
this

PLEASE DONT FALL FOR THE SS IS ALL I NEED FOR ABS
>>
I like to use a weighted crunch machine, since that allows me to progressively overload reliably and track my numbers. Work your way up to 2pl8 or 3pl8 on that thing, and you'll have pretty thicc abs
>>
>>39359087
Curls
Maybe some tricep extensions
Ab work
I needed grip work just to keep my deadlift progressing

You can add stuff to SS, and honestly I would suggest it for nearly anyone.

Adding a couple sets of curls and ab work at the end of your workouts isn't going to hinder you really and you'll look better in the end
>>
>>39358358
Your abs will look better if you simply do a cut.

Also, do some leg raises.
>>
>>39360198
They will look better but it's very easy to have shit abs at low bf%

If you don't have the mass there, no matter how low you cut, you'll never have nice abs

I was a great example of this. My abs looked better when I was 150 than when I was 140. Cutting back down to 140 however, would give the best results
>>
Do abs wheels,

check the form though, you don't want to slip a disc in your lowerback just because you thought it was okay to feel it there
>>
>>39358483
Nigga you cant get good abs without doing lots of different ab exercises
>>
>>39358358
how is his tendon line so deep? is that genetic?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.