[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you come to the realization after 4 years of lifting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Cdy3dvJW0AQE36_.jpg (11KB, 181x280px) Image search: [Google]
Cdy3dvJW0AQE36_.jpg
11KB, 181x280px
>tfw you come to the realization after 4 years of lifting and counting macros that a muscular and lean physique isn't a "get out of autism/neet/social isolation/social anxiety" free card.

welp, not sure how I meme'd myself into believing I could actually get out of the rut
>>
File: 1472900656294.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472900656294.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>39352174
Yeah but atleast now people think you're cute.
>>
>>39352174
It does help, a lot.

But just like getting /fit/ getting social is based on just keeping at it until it works.
>>
>>39352174
You work on that shit separately at the same time you fucking retard.

Like if your car had a fucked clutch and a fucked exhaust, you'd just do them both, not take it apart, fix one, then go "oh shit, I need to do it all again now".
>>
>>39352174
Zyzz tricked a lot of people here into thinking working out would make them popular.
>>
I started lifting as a 23 year old NEET kissless virgin. When I started I had a vision of myself in a few years time as a outgoing guy with a lot of confidence and a cute GF that was madly in love with me.

Turning 29 tomorrow, still in the same place I was 6 years ago, just with less body-fat, more muscle and about 200% more strength. My mental health is deteriorating at a rapid pace now. Psychologically I've hit an all time low. I seriously did not picture it turning out like this.

I have a hate/love relationship with lifting now. Hate because I feel I've wasted my time doing it because it's done absolutely nothing to improve aspects of my life that I actually wanted to improve. Love because it's all I have going for me in my life and it's the only thing I look forward to.

I envy normal people.
>>
Yes but it makes clever cunts think twice about fucking with you. When they know physically you could tear their head of their shoulders.

Most people talk shit about everyone the difference is wether they're brave enough to do it in front of you, or in a capacity where it could get back to you.

I still get a few sly underhand thinly veiled digs from faggots I could beat the shit out of. But generally I let it go they're beneath me physically and and show of force would be tantamount to bullying on my part, see im not good with degending myself using words. I'd beat them or threaten them but I'd lose my job.
>>
At the beginning I wanted to start lifting because I thought it would make me more confident/alpha. Like you I haven't seen a notable improvement in this aspect.

A few months in and I lift because it satisfies me. I like watching my numbers go up, managing my spreadsheets, charting my bodyweight. The mental boost after a workout is great, too; I feel like I've accomplished something. It's one of the few reasons to get out of bed in the morning.

From what I've heard around here, after a few years it will become a chore. But for now it is something I cherish.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.