[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

whats the best way to isolate one side of your sternocleidomastoid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
whats the best way to isolate one side of your sternocleidomastoid neck muscle?

one of my sides is weaker than the other one; im afraid that if i train them both at the same time that one will inevitably overcompensate and ill look stupid with one jacked side of my neck and one weak one.

how do you isolate one side of your neck? best exercise etc.
>>
>>39337486
Lay sideways on your bed
Let your head hang off the edge with your stronger side facing the floor
Put your head straight in an isometric fashion
>>
>>39337622
is it normal for this to make me feel nauseated?

i can feel it on the side part of my neck like a bitch tho
>>
>>39337486
If one is weaker than the other and you're working both of them, they'll eventually balance out.
>>
>>39337685
my fear is that they wont though, kindof like when you do a bench press sometimes your dominant hand ends up being stronger and compensating for the other side?

or am i wrong.

i dunno, i just dont want my neck to look stupid and for one side to get jacked while the other side remains shrimpy so i figure i might as well isolate them right?
>>
>>39337648
do you have vertigo? are you getting dizzyness?

your SCM is responsible for lateral flexion and rotation of the neck to the opposite side. if you want a stronger SCM then perform the actions it's responsible for.

it's unlikely that you have a big discrepancy in SCM strength/hypertrophy. most people don't have very developed SCMs. what's more likely is that you have bad posture or a cervical spine issue that makes your neck tilted to a side.
>>
>>39337486
have you considered the fact that your jaw might be asymmetrical? you know, wider on the other side
>>
>>39337736
>rotation of the neck to the opposite side
got it. so if i want to build my SCM on the left side of my neck, i rotation my face to the right?

>lateral flexion
is this also the same in that, lateral flexion to the opposite side builds that muscle? what is a good exercise for lateral flexion (sorry im kindof retarded and need sppoonfeeding)

>>39337773
yeah it is
>>
>>39337736
>>39337887

>vertigo dizzyness

yeah i think so. is it ok to just push through this? i can deal with alittle bit of nausea if i will make gains, i just dont want this to be something like "if you have vertigo dont do X because you are predisposed to dying" or osmething.

thanks.
>>
>>39337887
lateral flexion is to same side. look at the photo of the SCM in OP and imagine if the muscle were to shorten/contract.

>>39337903
some people have really bad vertigo/balance issues. laying your head off the side of a bed like what the other anon suggested is actually a provocative test for vertigo that doctors use. it's usually worse than some mild discomfort. seen people literally start spazzing out and screaming cause they think they're falling.

you should look into what wrestlers and MMA fighters do for neck training if you want a juicy neck.
>>
>>39337975
good looks senpai
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.