[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

According to Walt Whitman, athletes in his era would eat a hearty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Walter Whitman with a Butterfly.jpg (34KB, 540x447px) Image search: [Google]
Walter Whitman with a Butterfly.jpg
34KB, 540x447px
According to Walt Whitman, athletes in his era would eat a hearty meal for breakfast, then nothing but gruel for the rest of the day, as much as they could stomach. Could I do something similar? For example:

Meal #1 - one to two cups of beans, one cup of brussels sprouts, one to two potatoes

Meal #2 - steel cut oats with milk, nuts, and berries

Meal #3 - steal cut oats with milk, banana, and dehydrated peanut butter

Meal #4 - steal cut oats with milk and an apple

Meal #5 - three cups of spinach/kale, nuts

Is there anything wrong with this meal plan?
>>
Athletes back in the day stayed dehydrated because they thought being saturated with water slowed you down. Nutrition wasnt so great back in the day.
>>
Back in the day pro athletes worked at the plant for their real jobs and the ideal frame was average height/weight
>>
>>39336884

That explains why he warned against "deluging the stomach with liquids"...
>>
File: Doryphoros Man.jpg (361KB, 807x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Doryphoros Man.jpg
361KB, 807x1500px
>>39336924

I don't know about "average", but it is true that what was once considered ideal would not be seen as anything special by today's standards.
>>
>>39337051
His scrotum is pretty damn big
>>
>>39336845
Why not follow the athletes from this era?
>>
>>39337067
He's got nothing on me

My nuts are so big it makes my cock look small
>>
File: IMG_3478.gif (256KB, 600x631px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3478.gif
256KB, 600x631px
>>39336845
>where's the fucking protein
>>
>>39337078

Because it would be cheaper and easier to build most of my meals around oats. So if I can do that while getting enough nutrients, why wouldn't I?
>>
>>39337094

>Meal #1: 20-37 grams
>Meal #2: >30 grams
>Meal #3: >30 grams
>Meal #4: almost 30 grams
>Meal #5: 10 grams

I should say that I'm only 5' 7", so I shouldn't need to consume as much protein as the vertically well-endowed.
>>
>>39337094
It's there, but there isn't enough of it.
Op add eggs at least. No breakfast is complete without eggs.
>>
>>39337219

I could eat eggs with leafy greens and nuts for that last meal of the day.
>>
>>39337142
Plant protein is far less bioavailable. You'd be lucky to actually be able to digest 2/3 of the protein there.
>>
That sounds awful my man, but if you can manage it then why not?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.