[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

>lifting >doing 5x5 >been going for three weeks >suddenly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: received_1713522008868233.jpg (75KB, 980x677px) Image search: [Google]
received_1713522008868233.jpg
75KB, 980x677px
>lifting
>doing 5x5
>been going for three weeks
>suddenly shoulder hurts
>not muscle fatigue
>can lift arm over head but hurts like a bitch

What do /fit?
Should i just soldier through it the next time when i go to the gym?
>>
No. You're going too much and you probably lifted incorrectly. I'm a doctor and I'd say take about a week off. Take pain relievers. Also ice where it hurts every day twice a day for 10 minutes. If it still hurts, go to a doctor.
>>
>>39334635
Does the same applies to 16 yr olds?
>>
>>39334635
>Im a doctor
>Anonymous online used condom exchange
>>
>>39334622
>Should i just soldier through it the next time when i go to the gym
This is a really fucking stupid idea.

>>39334799
>16 yr olds?
I see. Stay in school.

Your form is very likely shit.

Also that guy is definitely not a doctor. All he prescribed are ways of dealing with discomfort and nothing to actually help you recover.

Also over icing injuries days after an injury does nothing and sometimes even impedes recovery. Icing helps first day or two to bring down inflammation, but after that it can slow bloodflow to that area (restricts blood vessels) which is the exact opposite of what you want.
>>
>>39334622
This will help:

>Hang from a bar in the gym with both arms for about 5 minutes then rest and hang again but this time retract your scapula whilst hanging for 5 minutes.

>Find 3lb or 5lb dumbbells then warm your shoulders up with them. do large slow circular motions front and back, but don't go fast.

>For more information I suggest checking out youtube videos for different stretching routines for shoulders.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO INJURE YOURSELF

you put in a lot of time and effort to build muscle and endurance, do not risk your shoulder health as it will hinder you and become a serious issue when you get older. A SERIOUS ISSUE. As is you will need shoulder surgery/surgeries if you don't take care of em.

I had shoulder pain and didn't take care of it and it would get worse and worse until I couldn't work out. I now stretch/warm up my shoulders before every single workout and have never had a problem with my shoulders since. Also I am performing the workout movements correctly as to not injure my shoulders either.
>>
>>39336411

>Ice:::::

>20 minutes on

>20 minutes off

>repeat 2-3 times then stop for 2-3 hours
>>
>>39334622
Sounds like bursitis. You'd best take a few weeks off.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.