[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys I've been lurking on fit for a couple months now

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20161102_142947.jpg (35KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161102_142947.jpg
35KB, 320x320px
Hey guys I've been lurking on fit for a couple months now and I just got a gym membership. I've been overweight my whole life and I've started to track my calories. My fitness journey starts Monday and I just wanted to know if any of you guys were overweight before and are now fit. And how do I overcome eating so much? I'm planning on cutting in a couple weeks
>>
>>39330240
Yes, I was. What helped is drinking a lot of water and exercising at the absolute least three days out of the week.

Oh, and I'd recommend you find a cardio activity you like and stick with it. I do biking because I hate running.
>>
Bump dis
>>
>>39330250
Alright, thanks. I like to run I'll probably do that
>>
>>39330240
Every time you go to eat something (that you know you don't need to), think to yourself "Would I rather have this or a beer belly", or some shit like that. That's more or less how I did it.
>>
>>39330260
That's good, stick to it.
>>
Should I run and lift or just run?
>>
>>39330280
Both m8, don't limit yourself
>>
Thank you all, you've been really helpful
>>
>>39330266
And that's how you get an eating disorder...
>>
>>39330305
not when you take the "that you know you don't need to" into account. I meant whenever I used to binge on loads of unhealthy stuff I started to re-think what I was actually doing for the long term, y'know?
>>
>>39330240
You see anon the mistake most people make when they want to control their dietary intake is that tey feel something needs to click. Something, somehow, has to change drastically internally in order to validate that they are indeed changin their diet. This is a misconception. Not saying this in a spiritual context, but human beings are in a constant state of change.(retarded, right?)
So then wouldn't changing your diet not affect you internally? I mean it wouldn't make you stressed to change your eating habits. Humans are amazing at adapting.

So my advice is to take it slowly. Make the changes gradual. One meal at a time. First start with breakfast since it probably the most important meal of the day. After a while of trying out different breakfast routines you can start addressing what'll be for lunch. Maybe swap your in-between-meals-snacks, their frequency, etc.

Try new dishes. Maybe even try cooking from scratch. You don't have to, but if you find its too boring you can do that.

More importantly get informed on nutrition. Look up the food pyramid, it's various changes, why they were made, what can be improved, etc.

I think my post is good enough to start off. It isn't everything by a long shot, but you can start here.
>>
>>39330357
Yeah I see what you mean, I've already started cutting out soda and McDonalds from my diet and I'm doing good without it. Thanks for the advice
>>
File: image.jpg (167KB, 600x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167KB, 600x572px
>>39330392
Good on you. In the past 11 months(I've counted) I've visited mcds twice. That is to say you can indulge or go cheap when you have to. Don't beat yourself over it. The point is to not let it overtake your judgement and ruin your mental image of your progress.

Good luck anon. I hope to hear of your success in a year or two. We're all gonna make it

OH. One last thing. I want you to try this for me if you want.

Imagine you're this guy in pic related. He's squatting a fuck load. It's a bone shattering weight. Enough weight to crush your ribs and more. He squats this.
Imagine yourself in his shoes. The strain. The mental red lights flashing at him to stop what he's doing. His body telling him to collapse while his mind is yelling "PUSH!".

Really take a moment an look at him. His face. His posture. Try to emulate what he probably feels in that photo.

If you can do that, then do the same thing with a picture of a recovered fatass. Imagine all the sweat and stress that person underwent throughout their transformation. Imagine it. Every day what they probably did.

If you can do that then you'll have no problem overcoming whatever trial you face, because some day you'll be that person too.
>>
>>39330472
Thanks anon you made my day
>>
File: 1364666315009.jpg (106KB, 898x863px) Image search: [Google]
1364666315009.jpg
106KB, 898x863px
>>39330240
>>
File: 1350666216393.jpg (141KB, 1335x689px) Image search: [Google]
1350666216393.jpg
141KB, 1335x689px
here's an example from here of what long-term weightloss looks like

notice how it just spikes back up randomly sometimes. what's important is that the long-term trend continues downward
>>
>>39330472
>this guy in pic related
That's Oliver Sacks, famous neurologist who wrote The Man who Mistook his Wife for a Hat and huge chemistry turbonerd. Kinda my hero
>>
>>39330240
EVERY TIME YOU THINK OF MUNCHING THAT CHOCKOLADE BAR OF 250KCAL REMEMBER: YOU NEED AN HOUR ON THREADMILL TO BURN IT.

Every time you overeat turn those calories in how much you would need to exercise additionally. Compare food with how much you need to do to burn it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.