[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Every time I try working out I get sore for like 5 days to an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1476148430606.jpg (313KB, 1500x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1476148430606.jpg
313KB, 1500x1100px
Every time I try working out I get sore for like 5 days to an entire week so I postpone thinking you're supposed to give it time

I went to a gym nearby and tried every machine just to learn which ones are which and give them a go, for like 10 reps, and I've been sore all week. How long should I wait to work out again? I really want to go back but worried that I shouldn't if I'm still sore
>>
Not sure if troll but fuck it. Being sore is fine work through it. Stop doing random machine BS its not going to get you anywhere. Pick an actual strengh gaining routine like SL 5x5, Greyskull or Starting Strength
>>
>>39330053
You'll stop getting as sore if you pick a routine and stick with it for at least a couple weeks

What you're describing is normal for a beginner
>>
>>39330388
This one certified personal trainer say working out sore is not a good thing cause it can fuck up your muscles.

He always says the morning after a workout stretch first, and if it hurts during that stretch rest until it heals.
>>
>>39330388
>>39331123
Thanks for the conflicting advice anons

I'll go work out anyway
>>
>>39331123
Delayed onset muscle soreness is definitely a good thing. It's an indication that there have been micro-tears in the muscle fibers, which lead to hypertrophy (muscle repair) and thus growth. If you focus on lifting enough weight so that its challenging to do 5-6 reps over 5 sets with slow, controlled, and full range of motion you will be sore after every workout.

If you aren't getting sore after every workout, then you're muscles have adapted to the stress you are subjecting them to, and micro-trauma is not occurring, and thus no hypertrophy and no growth. Low rep, heavy weight such as in a 5x5 routine will lead to the best results in strength and size. Genetics of course, play a role, as does lifestyle.

Training in the above manner and getting plenty of rest and eating a solid nutrient dense, clean diet will ensure growth.

Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe is a great resource as is Alan Thrall's Untamed Strength videos on YouTube.
>>
>>39331633
Thanks anon I appreciate it

So do most people train every muscle every day a little bit, or focus entirely on one muscle group each day?

Should I run every other day or can that potentially fuck up gains?
>>
>>39333185
No problem.

Focus on compound movements (squat, bench press, dead-lift, dumbbell row, pullups/pulldowns) and go heavy 5 sets x 5 reps. I make the best gains working out by feel, but I only train twice a week and give myself plenty of time to recover in conjunction with a solid diet. If you go heavy, training everyday will not be sustainable and you will burn out and/or get injured.

Go and watch some Untamed Strength videos on YouTube for the proper technique for the above mentioned compound exercises. You really don't need to do any other movements to get strong.

Personally, I get enough cardio while I train, and don't recommend running as your body needs all the nutrients it can to recover from the muscle damage you incur.

Training heavy, getting good sleep, eating a solid diet with no processed foods, and training heavy twice a week will deliver solid sustainable gains.
>>
>>39333185
Read the fucking sticky
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.