[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your excuse for not taking cold showers? Benefits

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: cold shower.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
cold shower.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
What's your excuse for not taking cold showers?

Benefits of cold showers:

>increases testosterone production
>makes your skin and hair look better
>makes you more alert and energetic
>improves your immune system
>boosts metabolism
>improves blood circulation

It's not a meme. You will see benefits after one cold shower already.
>>
Hottest meme of 2016
>>
Nice meme
>>
>>39329845
I take hot showers but I finish with cold, does that count?
>>
it weatherproofs you and develops cold resistance. How it does this through stimulating the insulating brown fat consuming fat to generate heat.
>>
I've been doing cold showers for awhile now and it's definitely not a meme. Blasting yourself with hot water every day is an unnatural phenomenon that the human race has only begun to enjoy in the last 100 years, it's like having a beer first thing in the morning every day.

Have not been sick since I started. I spend about 3 minutes in the shower every day compared to 10-15 when I had hot ones, and I loved my hot showers. Pimples & zits are also mostly gone all over my body.
>>
>>39330429
Also affects your skin. Skin gets tighter when you have a cold shower , just look at your nips. If you want a saggy jowl face with bags under your eyes keep up the hot showers.
>>
How cold are we talking
>>
File: london.jpg (105KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
london.jpg
105KB, 500x750px
>>39329845

>all this implying
>>
OP is right and I can confirm. Cold shower before lifting or any kind of physical activity is great. Especially if it's a cold day. I once did it before my mma class and was amazing.
It's a torture though but the benefits you get from it are worth it.

>>39330411
No
>>
>>39329845
>>increases testosterone production
<citation needed>
>>makes your skin and hair look better
>>makes you more alert and energetic
LOL, no.
>>improves your immune system
>>boosts metabolism
LOL, no. May actually drag your immune system and metabolism *down*.
If in Winter, may make you more susceptible to illness.
>>improves blood circulation
Not to your extremities it won't. You get cold enough, your body starts shutting off blood flow to your extremities to keep your core temperature from crashing.
>It's not a meme. You will see benefits after one cold shower alread
Oh, but it most certainly IS a meme, and one that will make you miserable, and perhaps ill.

There are damned good reasons we like being warm and comfortable, and you're a fool if you fail to listen to what your body says it wants.

Shit like this belongs in the same trashcan as 'nofap' and not showering with soap and shampoo.
>>
Post proof of testosterone production and I'll start taking cold showers
>>
>>39330774
cold makes your testes more productive, hence why laptops are no longer recommended to be on your lap
>>
>>39330800
He said 'POST PROOF', not broscience and retarded trolling memes. Show us your peer-reviewed University studies and whitepapers from the NIH showing significant increase in test production.
>>
>>39330800
Sounds like a spoonful of bullshit
>>
>>39330774
Here's one from the NIH that says even very moderate exercise is more effective at raising test levels than showering in cold water:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1890772
>>
>>39330889
..therefore, the extreme levels of exercise that a /fit/izen gets is going to be more effective by far than cold showers are, especially taking into consideration the health risks associated with it, and how miserable it is being cold all the time, especially in winter. I think this pretty much debunks the whole 'cold shower/test' troll/meme.
>>
>>39329845
The one main thing with cold showers is that it encourages deep breathing.

Honestly I think most of the benefits are in the breathing response to cold shock, rather than the showers.
>>
>>39329845
>What's your excuse for not taking cold showers?
feels bad
>>
>>39330458
Cold, but not frigid. Just uncomfortable.
>>
>>39330729
>fattie logic
>>
>>39330458
The coldest the better.
>>
>>39330907
But what if I wanted to try it just for a little boost in addition to my workouts, not a replacement?
>>
Showering is a lot of work it's hard enough to shower every 4 days.
>>
>>39331889
Pixie, is that you?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.