[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /fit/ I've recently started going to the gym to lose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1475395558349.gif (1MB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
1475395558349.gif
1MB, 360x240px
Hey /fit/

I've recently started going to the gym to lose weight and mostly ran on treadmills and used machines. I want to get into free weights buts its all very overwhelming. I havent a clue what i'm supposed to be using.

Is there a specific bar i'm supposed to be using for deadlifts, squats, etc?

Is there a specific place i'm supposed to be doing them? Or is just wherever fine?

Thanks in advance!
>>
>>39321450
im gonna need an anus inception to be able to answer that question OP
>>
>>39321450
>what is a sticky?
>>
>>39321450
usually the squat rack is the best place to do those exercises, deadlifts, squats, curls, etc...
This is because you don't need machines to do these exercises and being in the squat rack usually doesnt bother nor occupies unecessary space.
Good lifts bro!
>>
>>39321450
There exists specific, special bars for a ton of different exercises.

But for starting out, just use the standard 45lb 6ft barbell for everything. Most gyms have a clear squatrack, deadlift platform/area, etc for where it's expected to do things. "wherever" is not just fine. This is how you wind up with the OHP in the squat rack situation that people laugh at.

Either watch what/where the big guys do their stuff, or just ask while they're between sets and don't have headphones on.

Don't let it intimidate you.
>>
>>39321472
Like, a sticky bar? Is that so you don't have to use gloves? Are they expensive?
>>
>>39321490
>6ft barbell

Sorry, 7ft. Typo.
>>
>>39321450
who is this cock enhancer
>>
>>39321450
>>39321450
just show your buthole to us already and il show you this one secret evil trick that some chinese scientist found out recently that im scared to tell because people are getting so good results i dont feel special anymore
>>
>>39321450
I honestly can't fathom how these threads get so prolific. All I can offer is
>>17018018
>>
>>39321450
You know the bar you've seen guys use when they're squatting? Use that for squats. You know the place they were doing squats? Do squats there.

Read sticky, and if you have questions in the gym, just ask someone. Just about everyone in the gym will be happy to help you/give you tips. They all remember when they first started and had questions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.