[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I droped the barbell during bench pressing. It hit my shoulders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1436267243001.jpg (80KB, 340x320px) Image search: [Google]
1436267243001.jpg
80KB, 340x320px
I droped the barbell during bench pressing.
It hit my shoulders and my throat. My shoulders are red and hurt a little bit...
Will I die?
>>
>>39317671
>Will I die?
Of embarrassment, yes.
>>
Of shame, yes. You should be fine.

Learn what the roll of shame is and practice it with an empty bar. I bench to failure every session with no spotter and have never gotten close to fucking my shit up.
>>
>>39317812
>bench to failure every session
>gains

pick one
>>
>>39317671
Of humiliation, yes
But how did you drop the bar? suicide grip? cos that ain't something that happens normally
>>
>>39317837
Every gym session where I do chest, not set. It's fine to burn out when you're on your last set.
>>
>>39317694
No bully pls.

>>39317812
I know the roll of shame but...

>>39317962
I have a shitty diy bench stand with straight "arms".
>>
>>39317671
I fell backwards out of a squat rack
>>
just use dumbbells, they're better anyway
>>
File: 1473523226174.png (18KB, 525x482px) Image search: [Google]
1473523226174.png
18KB, 525x482px
>>39317671
>>
>>39317671
some cunt droped a dumbbell on my fucking foot last week.
so at least you only hurt yourself.
>>
Consider not using suicide grip anymore.
>>
>>39317837
greg nuckols beginner 3 day has 3 amraps a week and works absolute miracles, got me to 115kgx4 and it's still going at 5lb a week without a problem
>>
>>39317671
If you're still under the barbell by now, you're probably dead now.
RIP OP
>>
>>39317837
You must be small
>>
>>39317671
It will be extremely painful
>>
>>39317812
Can't the roll of shame induce internal bleeding?
Pretty sure there are dudes who've died from it.
>>
>>39318067
>I know the roll of shame but...
But what? How are you ever going to push yourself if you don't try weight that you sometimes can't push up? Man lemme tell you, you're gonna fail more than a few times on your bench if you want to keep increasing your strength because one day you'll decide to put on an extra few pounds and it'll end up being too much. Just do the roll of shame...the shame is in the name only. Everyone has to do it at some point.
>>
>>39320224
if you smash your torso with it without flexed abs and dont guide the weight down, then yes it can cause damage.

keeps your abs flexed and dont just drop the bar on your torso to avoid actually fucking yourself up. you should still be fighting to keep that bar off your body.
>>
>>39318087
Did that like two weeks ago
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.