[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /fit/, I'm a complete newfag to this board. Know absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: Otacon_MGS.jpg (16KB, 175x453px) Image search: [Google]
Otacon_MGS.jpg
16KB, 175x453px
So /fit/, I'm a complete newfag to this board. Know absolutely nothing besides some thing called Starting Strength.
I've done the basic things everyone does in high school, but not much else. Every now and then I do push-ups and sit-ups, both until I'm really fucking tired. Recently I started wanting to get buff so I was wondering: What exactly should I do to start getting /fit/ outside of push-ups.
[spoiler]I'd prefer to not to go to a gym and instead stay at home, if possible. [/spoiler]
>>
>>39309713
Go to the gym, you fucking mongoloid. I swear to god, /fit/ is full of retards.
>>
>>39309713
>complete newfag to this board. Know absolutely nothing besides some thing called Starting Strength
thats %90 of the fit/ actually
>>
There's some book on the anatomy of bodybuilding, get it because it shows you detailed instructions for exercises that work every different part of the body

pick an exercise for each part, do it in reps of 8-13

use dumbbells, I fucked my shoulder using a barbell

drink lots of water. more than you want to drink. It helps you realize you arent hungry so much as you are thirsty, and its worth having to pee a bit more often.

myfitnesspal is a good app for tracking your calories by scanning the barcodes of food you eat or looking them up and then subtracting said calories from a set amount you can consume every day

get plenty of rest, a good website for protein is truenutrition.net . Get the protein isolate because its got more protein to calories. Myfitnesspal will tell you all the protein you need

That's it, have fun and don't give up kiddo
>>
>>39309713
Read the sticky.
Fix your diet.
Don't blog-post here.
Google 'how to get fit without a gym'.
Or get a home gym setup.
>>
File: dubs.jpg (22KB, 500x347px) Image search: [Google]
dubs.jpg
22KB, 500x347px
>>39309713
it doesn't matter what you do as long as you increase the challenge constantly

so basically lets say all you did was bodyweight exercises: basically figure out the absolute maximum # of reps you can do of your chosen exercises, then take like ~%85 of that number and do that during your workouts. you can even ramp it up every workout, like if you were doing 3 workouts a week you could go:
day 1: %85
day 2: %90
day 3: %95
week 2
day 1: 90%
day 2: 95%
day 3: retest numbers and continue accordingly

a little creativity, some simple math, and a willingness to stick to the program at hand will give you results. i just pulled that shit out of my ass but it would probably work. the basic formula is form a habit and keep pushing your limits, everything else is just details
>>
>>39309816
Just because you're a moron who can't handle a barbell doesn't mean you should be telling people to use dumbells kek
>>
SS + GOMAD
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.