[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there an easy way to test how many calories are in a certain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: backwoods bastard.jpg (66KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
backwoods bastard.jpg
66KB, 380x285px
Is there an easy way to test how many calories are in a certain meal? Obviously if I am buying and preparing my own food the labels on the ingredients will tell me, but my problem is I work in a deli and none of our food has calorie counts.

I remember back in high school for a chemistry class we burned cheetos to determine the calorie content somehow, is there a way to do something like that with a whole sandwich, even piece by piece (meat, bread, sauce/dressing, veggies)?

I am trying to count my calories but when almost half of my meals are from the deli I work at it is kind of difficult.

pic semi related, one of our sandwiches though not the one I usually eat
>>
Look up the individual ingredients beforehand.
>>
>>39294388
well yeah but like I said our deli does not have caloric information. I usually make myself a turkey sandwich on sourdough bread (probably gonna start replacing with wheat) that has 4 or 5 slices of turkey, a slice of muenster cheese, a touch of mayo (which I am going to start not putting on at all and maybe sub for a healthier dressing), jalapenos, green olives, lettuce (which I will probably start replacing with spinach), onions, and sometimes a coupel tomato slices. Obviously being that it's deli food there are going to be plenty of preservatives and shit but when I get free food here I don't worry too much about that.

I guess I could probably find calorie counts for the veggies and shit, but for the bread and meat they don't have anything to show it, we get our bread pre-baked from an in town bakery. I guess I could call them and ask, didn't think about that til now.
>>
Chem student here. Any bomb calorimetry you could do is shit-tier and will certainly be less precise than just weighing the individual parts and looking up their calories by mass.
>>
>>39294740
thanks for the input kind sir
>>
>>39294446
Take a little scale and weigh it. Look up how many calories are in that type of food online after you have the weights. Only have to do it once really.
>>
It's not really an answer to your question, but if you have lettuce that isn't shredded you could always replace the bread with lettuce and use that to hold your sandwich together.
>>
>>39294846
i could do this but it seems like i might as well just make a salad at that point, which would probably be healthier anyway
>>
Throw it into a calorie declassifier scanner.
Kinda like that thing from spongebob where Patrick was trying to find out the secret recipe to the krabby pattt
>>
>>39294365
Chain restaurants with more than 20 locations are required to have nutritional information available. So, if you go somewhere like that you can ask, if not then sue.
>>
>>39294853
That's probably true. It's purely for the convenience of eating in a sandwich-esque format.

Your actual question has already been answered so I didn't really have anything else to add, but I wanted to share a little thing I do that helps during cuts.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.