[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got any tips for building a strong will? Like never caving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: hajime-no-ippo-1749314.jpg (182KB, 800x1141px) Image search: [Google]
hajime-no-ippo-1749314.jpg
182KB, 800x1141px
Anyone got any tips for building a strong will? Like never caving to junk food and always grinding out workouts despite how tough it may be?
>>
Just lower the weight until its not as strenuous so your not as likely to quit
>>
>>39293129
Klokov claims his willpower was formed by jumping into an outside waterfountain every morning after waking up. Everyday no matter how cold it was
>>
>>39293129
Don't try to make huge jumps, make small changes that increase gradually. Let's take a goal like "I want to stop drinking soda", the best way to ensure your success is to gradually stop drinking soda rather than suddenly stopping. Don't drink soda on Mondays the first week, Tuesdays the second, etc. By easing yourself in you're slowly constructing a new habit and habits are where the power is. You have to do it brick by brick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUIa2ZB53Yc
>>
It's pleasant to see /fit/ actually giving advice for once.

The killer for most people is food cravings. Like in my case as well as many others, our families when growing up had either fat fuck foods or mom science meals. Once I realized how bad that shit was making me look, I decided to buy a few groceries and make my own meals. And by "make my own meals" I mean boiling chicken breasts and rice lol. But like >>39293187
said, it's the small changes that grow into better decisions later on. Just use the other possibilities to scare you into making better decisions. Like a fat family member or something.

Whatever you do, it's gonna take time. YAMATO DAMASHIIIII
>>
>>39293129
Yeah. Build up slowly. Do everything in very small steps. After you get used to it, go further. Ad infinitum
>>
>>39293146
This. I was just going to say cold showers. Sets the theme for the day.
>>
>>39293129
it is like >>39293397 said

I am the best excample for this. Until i was around 18 years old I've never done any sports despite having a really healthy foundation for it (up until now i don't know why i wasn't interested in doing any kind of sports). Then I started out with Martial Arts, I trained a lot (and i mean A LOT) but because of mesomorph/hargainer and eating shit for food and only drinking soda I didn't grow any considerable physique.
After a while (especially when I started working, labour job) I gradually got off of all the junk and the sweets and the soda. Now the only thing I want to drink is water and I can't eat any shitty big fat food for dinner because I have to work later and I would feel tired etc. and I know there won't be any chance of me having a good go at a workout when I have a boulder in my stomache.
But you don't have to give up on any of that why should you? Now and then I go an eat a burger with fries and have a coke. After a long time not drinking one I don't miss it, then when I am drinking one I am enjoying it more than before. Same thing with sweets and so on. When you eat right, do your workout or sport on a regular basis then fuck it and have a chocolate bar, just don't eat 10 tons of it. If you completely quit all of a sudden it will surely hit you after a few weeks and then you'll be caught in the same cycle.

And for working out it is the same...well for me at least. After you have wittnesed all the small changes you go through, after all the failures, after all the successes you at some time will get to a point where you feel "bad" for not doing your workout. And then you will be more motivated than ever. Small victories, achieving a goal and you will gain more confidence and willpower. a week where I have to take off or I don't feel somewhat sore, a day where a muscle isn't tense after a good workout and I can almost feel them bursting out from beneath my skin...well that's a bad week.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.