[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/ I'm currently 262lbs and I'm tired of it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Tub-of-lard.jpg (30KB, 615x409px)
Tub-of-lard.jpg
30KB, 615x409px
Sup /fit/

I'm currently 262lbs and I'm tired of it. Just got a gym membership and I'm very motivated to make a change.

My question is though: Every resource on the internet for weight lifting/cardio routines seems like shit. Either they're very fast, or the plan is just a complete mess. My gym does offer a one time free session with a trainer to get an overview, but then it's $45 for subsequent sessions.

Next time I go into the gym I want to have a long term plan, and I just can't seem to find any reliable resources.
>>
the link in the sticky is a very thorough resource and lasts a very long time
>>
>>39288715

I did go through the sticky, sorry I should have mentioned. But, it doesn't go over specific exercises. Are "weight loss excessive routines" mostly bullshit? Should I just go in and start lifting weights, and then try to keep an alternating routine or exercises? IS there any point in following some guidelines, other than keeping track and and staying on a chosen plan.

I guess it'd be nice if I had something that said: Day 1: Do this, Day 2: Do this, ect.
>>
>>39288762
Theres going to be trial and error, gotta find what works for you, what you personally enjoy. Is HS to lose weight i would sprint in my yard which was on a hill and from way back yard to front of the house, sprinted the hill part and slow jogged recovered on the shorts, ran up and down the stairs when it was cold out. PT is kinda a waste but you will learn and lose weight if you manage your DIET at this point your focus should be your food intake at this point you should just focus on moving around and setting a time goal ie your heart rate was up and fluctuating for 30min-1hr 5 days a week
>>
Go in with a list of exercises, have the trainer show you how to do them. Take the ones you enjoy for each muscle group and make a routine out of them.
>>
Here's your longterm plan OP:

just go to the gym everyday.

It doesn't fucking matter what you do, just move.

Try the cardio machines. Try the equipment. Try calisthenics and yoga balls. Try the free classes, if they have them.

You won't know what you need or what you will enjoy and be able to stick with until you've been exercising for awhile. Over time, your needs will change.

Right now, you just need to be moving and trying. You need to make a habit of it, every day, go to the gym and do something.

That is your long term plan.

In six months, after you've been exercising consistently, you will know if you want to better your run times, or bulk up your arms, or whatever. Once you have some exercise experiences under your belt, you can set specific goals for where you want to be.

But for now...

JUST. GO. TO. THE. GYM. EVERY. DAY. AND. TRY. TO. EXERCISE.
>>
File: me.jpg (982KB, 1936x1936px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
982KB, 1936x1936px
Sup OP ex fatty here I can help you.
What you are going to want to do is cut down body fat first before even picking up a barbell. Easiest way to do that is to eat at a deficit and do cardio. I would recommend doing the elliptical because it's low impact and won't fuck up your knees and you burn just as many calories. Do that for a few months and once you get too ~200 lbs start eating more and lifting weights. Deadlift/Bench/Curls one day and Squat/OHP/Dips the next 4-5 days a week. Have any questions ask me and I will help you
>>
>>39288762
Read the fucking sticky. Don't """"go through the sticky"""", fucking read it. READ IT.

It does go over specific exercises; or rather, the link in there to Stronglifts 5x5 does, in excruciating detail.

It answers your questions about "weight loss excessive routines". In fact it will tell you about the #1 most important thing for losing weight, which you haven't mentioned AT ALL, (showing that you HAVE NOT READ THE STICKY) which is DIET

D I E T
I
E
T

Fucking read the sticky, figure out how calories work, count your fucking calories, read stronglifts 5x5, start following it. Come back after 3 months with questions. Come back after a year with advice.
>>
File: 2016-09-28_00.04.15.jpg (180KB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-28_00.04.15.jpg
180KB, 1440x1440px
>>39289501

Fatty in recovery here, not OP

How long did this take you? Im incredibly jelly and this is more or less my goal, I'm down about 30 lbs from 225.

Did you follow any specific routine? Did you lift while cutting? I did the cardio and I can run 5k, but the lifting is difficult because I'm makin essentially zero gains. Did you continue the cardio while lifting?

Again, miring.

>pic is 225 to 205, I'm going to have to take a new pic soon
>>
>>39289708
Now might be the time to ask your self do you eventually want to get big and muscly or are you content geting down to a very lean size, if the former id start eating slightly above matinence and lift heavy, if you arent about that id say keep up the cardio, add calesthenics.
>>
>>39289775

I'd love to get big and muscular, but I'm still pretty damn fat, sitting around 19%

Should I cut further, or will a small bulk even me out nicely in the end?
>>
>>39289708
>>39289891
Are you me?
I'm 6'3 and started at 240 and am down to 227. I'm for the most part between left and right pic.
Keep up the good work my man.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.