[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SS good for noobs? What are good exercises you could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 2u7c7i8.png (732KB, 926x460px) Image search: [Google]
2u7c7i8.png
732KB, 926x460px
Is SS good for noobs?
What are good exercises you could supplement into it?
>>
Theres a guy at my gym who sees that I have trouble gaining weight, and reccomended SS and told me to start drinking more full fat milk. I want to gain weight, but not in the form of flab, I want a decent aesthetic.
I want to take his advice because he is strong and has a good body, but I am not 100% sure.
>>
Yes but do accessories. The routine is too low volume otherwise.

Also only do it for as long as EASY linear progression lasts. Once you stall a few times and more food and sleep doesn't help than switch programs to something that is more tuned to your goals.

Want to powerlift? Strength programs. GreySkull, Madcow, Texas Method, ect. Want to bodybuild? Go to PHAT, PHUL, PPL, Arnold split.

Just don't do two things. Stay on this program longer than needed. If you are no longer making daily progression, the program is behind you.

Also don't stop lifting heavy. Guys stop lifting heavy and do more volume for "ass-the-dicks". Every program should incorporate some compound movements and heavy lifts.
>>
>>39286892
Thank you
What accessories do you have in mind? I used to do dumbbell flies and pullups/tricep dips on different days, what do you have in mind?
>>
>>39286987

Do ICF instead. All the exercises you need right there. Except add pullups. Pullups are awesome. Biggest regret was not doing pullups sooner.
>>
>>39286830
Just eat a lot more

200g protein 2,000 calories carbs and fat
>>
>>39286798
Ya do it. It won't make you look drastically different but the strength gains are worth it. If you're gonna eat big, eat clean. Dirty bulk and GOMAD are memes.

You can do something like this for 3 months then do a new program:

Day A: Bench, squat, pullups, accessories A
Day B: DL, OHP, accessories B

Do one or two accessories each day and make sure to include biceps.
>>
SS is great. You can usually add weight almost every single week for like 4-5 months.

Don't overdo the accessories as it harms your recovery a little. Do 3 sets of 8-12 reps of an upper body exercise like pullups, dips, incline bench or whatever you like. Doing one of these exercises every session should be enough
>>
>>39286798

>Is SS good for noobs?
Yes
>What are good exercises you could supplement into it?
Drinking a gallon of milk each day.

>>39286830

If you are new and skinny and want to get appreciably bigger and stay lean, you're going to need steroids. If you don't want to take steroids, you're going to have to bulk up and lose some "definition" (read: the ability to play your own ribs like a xylophone) in order to build muscle before cutting some weight to regain the definition.

>>39286892

>Yes but do accessories. The routine is too low volume otherwise.

This is horseshit.

>Arnold split.

Don't do any Arnold program unless you intend on matching it with Arnold's steroid cycles.
>>
>>39286987

Chin ups are a part of SS, anyone who say different hasn't read the book and should be ignored on the subject.
>>
Reg parks is better in everyway
>>
>>39286798
>is lifting weights good for noobs
yes
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.