[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i doomed for having skinny forearms? i am able to curl 3 sets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 20161101_173240 (Medium).jpg (186KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161101_173240 (Medium).jpg
186KB, 1365x768px
am i doomed for having skinny forearms? i am able to curl 3 sets of 10 reps with 40 pounds. my right arm (the arm i use the most) can do it with no problem, but my left arm starts hurting like a mother and i've had to wait several days in between workouts. it's really fucking up my overall routine because i can't do shoulder press or bench press with heavy weight because of the pain in my left arm.

the pain goes deeper than just muscle. it's like i feel it inside my bones.. as if my left forearm is about to snap right in two. i am wondering if my weak forearms are simply not able to support the weight that my biceps can lift.

i've been doing lots of forearm strengthening exercise. i got ironmind hand grippers trainers that are 100 lbs and i can do that 20 times. i recently upgraded to the 140 lb gripper and can only do it once. i also have fatgripz blue and red grips.
>>
are you doing it with shit form?
>>
File: 20161018_171507 (Medium).jpg (265KB, 1365x768px) Image search: [Google]
20161018_171507 (Medium).jpg
265KB, 1365x768px
here's something interesting i'll note: the initial lift with my left arm is painful. however, once i get one full curl in, i am able to match what my right arm is doing. however, once i put the weight back down and let go, the pain hits my left arm again
>>
>>39286754
>the pain goes deeper than just muscle. it's like i feel it inside my bones.. as if my left forearm is about to snap right in two.
Take a week off and from now on do only hammer curls (no supinated curls) if you want to avoid pain and injuries.
>>
>>39286768
no, my form is good. my entire body is in rock solid position. i bring the dumbbells up, come to complete stop, bring them back down, come to complete stop, and repeat
>>
are you curling 40lb dumbells or 20lb dumbells?
>>
>>39286791
seemingly good advice. i just tried hammer curls and they're harder because of the fat gripz, but the pain is not nearly as bad. i suspect that i only felt pain at all because of the soreness that already existed. i'll see how this goes for a while
>>
>>39286820
40 lb. see pic i posted of bowflex adjustable dumbbells. i dial up each one to 40
>>
you could also try keeping your palms facing outward through the lift so your forearm bones aren't moving
>>
>>39286879
so reverse curls?
>>
>>39286896
no, I guess I should have said palms forward.
>>
>>39286825
I had the same pain. Just rest to let it heal and then stay away from supinated grip, it just works for whatever reason that I'm unaware of.

But you have to rest for a week or so.
>>
>>39286754
How's your deadlift?
It's always diddlies that make my forearms feel strained
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.