[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You know I've seen this gif a few times here and I still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: paralyzed doing snatches.gif (4MB, 441x320px) Image search: [Google]
paralyzed doing snatches.gif
4MB, 441x320px
You know I've seen this gif a few times here and I still can't figure out how he gets his spine snapped.

I also don't get how he falls backwards instead of just his arms going backwards and him staying on his feet. I've seen failed snatches where the bar path was fucked so the bar has to swing backwards, and the lifter never fell backwards, just his arms.

Does anyone have an explanation other than >hurr crossfit?
>>
>>39280754
>all human bodies need to snap their shit the same way
go back to school anon
>>
it's on the bounce

it was recorded with a potato so it is hard to see but the bar bounces up and the metal part of the bar hits a vertebra just right and snaps his shit
>>
Drop >250lbs onto the base of your cervical vertebrae and test it out yourself

As for those other events, keep watching the GIF mate

Also

>crossfit.... not even once
>>
>>39280768
>hits a vertrebra just right
>just right
fuckin lol
>>
basically he was already going down and the bar bumper plates hit the stacked bumper plates behind him and bounces up into his spine
>>
>>39280768
yeah, he missed the lift and the bar bounced back towards him from the stack of plates that were behind him.
>>
>>39280768
Damn that must suck, drop your shit in the wrong place and then you lose your legs without knowing why.
>>
>>39280885

they should not have had those bumper plates stacked right behind him like that, partially their fault

but you know

>crossfit
>>
D..di..did he get better?
>>
>>39280918

no, no he did not

wheelchair 4life
>>
>>39280929
Fuggg
>>
File: steiner.jpg (53KB, 634x334px) Image search: [Google]
steiner.jpg
53KB, 634x334px
This guy dropped a much heavier weight on his neck and was fine afterwards.
>>
>>39280918
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>39281007
he lifted on a proper platform.
>>
File: kevinogarupdate.jpg (137KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
kevinogarupdate.jpg
137KB, 640x640px
>>39280918
https://breakingmuscle.com/functional-fitness/how-do-we-honor-kevin-ogar

>Kevin Ogar of CrossFit Unbroken is paralyzed from the waist down. He was participating in the OC Throwdown.
>>
>>39281053

Someone get a zoom up on that girl on the far right. The way she's looking at him and laughing is fucking horrible.
>>
>>39280754
What amazes me is that he lost control of what looks like 100kg(225lbs) and some change to the point where he had to drop the bar backwards and fell down. From what I hear Ogar was a pretty strong prospect in Crossfit, it just goes to show you should not be doing extremely technical lifts like the snatch for reps, not with any kind of real weight at least.
>>
Look at the crossfit official discussion board.
The Injuries subtopic is rife with fucking retards snapping their shit.

This is what happens when people aren't taught the basics and fundamentals.

When they're not even taught how to bail properly from a failed lift let alone being taught how to actually properly do basic compound lifts.

99% can't do a proper front squat then they force them to do cleans and shit.

I have no pity for these fuckers. All they do is attention whore with their exercises.
>>
>>39281007
Notice how his spine is not being compromised in that pic? His neck is forced down and that must hurt yes, but the cord is not being jeopardized

>>39280768
Thanks for explanation, damn that sucks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.