[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the keto diet just a meme? Have any of you ever gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: ketomacros.jpg (23KB, 548x358px) Image search: [Google]
ketomacros.jpg
23KB, 548x358px
Is the keto diet just a meme? Have any of you ever gotten decent results on it?
>>
>>39268676
of course it is.
>>
>>39268676
Did it before Schoolies (Australian Spring Break Equivalent I guess) and dropped 8kg in 2 weeks. Mind you this was at the end of a 3 month cut. I thought it was pretty good but it was after exams, so didn't really need to have energy to do daily activities - probably wouldn't recommend if you have an active life (job, family, uni etc) unless you want to counter act it with caffeine/fat burners for energy
>>
>>39268691
Yeah I heard its a drain on your energy the first two weeks. Some dude was telling me you need to intake more sodium or some shit when that happens. I dont get the reasoning behind it.
>>
I am on keto right now.

Been eating beef short ribs or chicken wings with butter and ranch everyday.

Lost around 15 pounds my first month.

I am happy with it so far.
>>
>>39268840
See I dont fucking get it. That sounds fucking terrible for you. How do you lose weight eating like that?
>>
>>39268676
i was on keto for a month at 265 pounds
lost 20 pounds then went or a normal diet
worth
>>
>>39268706
your body isnt eating a lot of carbs so you cant retain as much water as you do normally
you need more electrolytes or else youre gonna get dehydrated faster
>>
>>39268676
Everybody does it wrong because they don't understand how FUCKING IMPORTANT electrolytes become on it.

You hear every idiot complaining about low energy, keto flu, brain fog etc. because they think they can treat it like the standard diet.
>>
>>39268912
Im 6'7 and I weigh 233. I was thinking about trying this for a month or 2 but it seems weird and far-fetched to be perfectly honest.
>>
>>39268888
Nice quads.

I think you lose weight on this diet because you get full fast and stay full. So even though I am eating chicken wings with butter and ranch I might only eat 10 or 15 for the entire day. It is my understanding that fats keep you full longer than carbs.
>>
>>39268676
It helped me get rid of my constant eating habit those high low energy spikes went away while I was on keto wich made it a lot easier to controll my eating Id recomend it to anyone whos problem is "I cant stop eating" or who is "addicted to sugar"
>>
keto is absolute shit if you plan on doing actual physical activity. It doesn't actually provide any real fat loss benefit, just comes down to calories. People misread studies and hear things "you use energy directly from you fat stores instead of using glycogen / carbs" and think that means they're burning more fat and claim it's the best diet ever, that's an ultra simplistic view and generally wrong, if you aren't eating carbs and plan on doing training, it's going to fuck over your performance. Most of the people posting how they got great results are fucking obese as shit and anything would work with them.
>>
>>39268943
well i was only 6'2 at 265, after i got to 250, i just ate on a deficit and i am at 220 right now and steadily losing more weight, i think ill stop at 200-205 maybe?if you were gonna try it i would say do it for a month and you should be at about 220-225 and then go from there
>>39268888
witnessed
>>
>>39268706
Try 4 months. 3 weeks to get over keto flu, but 4 months to equalize energy levels. I eat warrior diet too: only 4 hours a day. And I'm much stricter keto: zero carb. Only animals.

Daily dinner menu:
- 600g ribeye, or 1kg lamb chops
- 200g pack of bacon
- 100g cheese
- 4 eggs
- half a cup heavy cream
- 1 glass watered red wine

Program: Leddits PPL

I'm 6'1, 33. Inbody scan went from 24% body fat to 18.2% in 3 months. I'm thrilled and it's working for me.
>>
>>39268888
your body enters ketosis, keeps your blood sugar stable instead of the ups and downs from a sugary diet, this then maintains metabolism
>>
>>39269042
nice broscience
>>
>>39268888
it is because he is taking in fewer calories than he was before. it really is that simple mr quads
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.