[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegetables are expensive but I want to eat them daily for them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: vegetables.jpg (136KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
vegetables.jpg
136KB, 500x375px
Vegetables are expensive but I want to eat them daily for them skin and bowel gains
Which ones should I eat to get the most bang for my buck?
>>
Fresh Broccoli
Frozen Peas
Spinnach
I assume you know full well how to properly cook these vegetables
>>
Multivitamin
Frozen mixed veg are usually cheap

otherwise potatoe and broccolli are my go to for """fresh"""
>>
>>39255491

canned/frozen are an option

They might not be as fresh or have all of the micronutrient/anti-oxidant benefits, but it's still a massive improvement (if you're not eating them), like the difference between making no money and making minimum wage
>>
Where I shop/work, cucumbers are around 58 cents each, and they can be pretty big.
>>
In terms of cheapness, sweet potato, carrots, onions, brussel sprouts, kale, spinach, squash and green beans/yellow beans. Of course, this is my area and the local farms produce this the most.
>>
>>39255507
Boil them?
>>
>>39255526
Steam them, you Philistine
>>
>>39255526
Steam them
Boiling works too
>>
I don't know if the supermarkets near me are retarded or something but I hardly ever find broccoli
I find plenty of cabbages tho
Are cabbages good nutrition?
>>
>>39255526
Mash them?
Stick them in a stew?
>>
>>39255588
I know your meming but I dump my veg in with my spuds, and mash it all up
>>
File: 1476631828161.gif (2MB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1476631828161.gif
2MB, 900x900px
>>39255597
>>39255588
YOU WHAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?
>>
>>39255603
Mash tubers with veg, it's great. Means the kids actually eat their greens too
>>
File: 1471817477799.jpg (277KB, 324x632px) Image search: [Google]
1471817477799.jpg
277KB, 324x632px
>>39255630
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH JUST FUCKING EAT THEM YOU CUNT
>>
>>39255671
They are eating them. Can't you read?
>>
>>39255491
what shit country you live in, that vegetables are expensive?
>>
>>39255526
Steaming them is better for retaining maximum nutritional value, but then again eating them raw is always best if you can stomach it.

If you boil them, drink the water you boil them in after it cools. It's tasty AS FUCK, you'll be surprised.
>>
>>39255597
Mashed potato mixed with mashed yams is heavenly.

Heavenly.
>>
>>39255526
You animal
>>
>>39255491
Frozen: broccoli and cauliflower,
Fresh: sweet potato, cabbage, carrots, salad greens.
Then whatever else is on special that week to give variety.
>>
>>39255566
I'm working at a supermarket, fruit and vegetable department to be precise.
Broccoli can depend on the time of the day, towards the evening we have to throw a lot of it away because it get's moldy so try to shop before work.
Or get it frozen
>>
>>39255491
just buy a bag of frozen mixed veggies
these days that stuff is flash frozen, so you don't need to worry about nutritional decay
>>
>>39255491
>Vegetables are expensive

You fucking cucks I swear.
Spinach. Bag of peppers. Broccoli. Can get over a weeks worth easy for under $15. Or are you a autism bucks/mommy dollars kind of person?
>>
>>39255773
I sometimes chuck some cauliflower in there too just to reduce carbs. Can't even taste the difference.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.