[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Couch to 5k on a treadmill? Based on my research, to do this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (57KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 460x345px
Couch to 5k on a treadmill?

Based on my research, to do this program on a treadmill you would use the following speeds:
around 3.5 for walking
around 4.5-5 for jogging
set elevation to around 0.5-1%

This this look correct?
>>
Why not go outside and actually run.

your gait changes running outside as compared to a treadmil
>>
>>39255394
b-but there's normies out there
>>
>>39255383
Or you could go out and just light jog 3 miles, get used to it, and then start picking up the pace
>>
Where did you come up with those numbers. Everybody's running and walking speed is slightly different. Just mess around and set it to whatever you're comfortable with.

Also, use the timed intervals instead of distance
>>
File: image.jpg (908KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
908KB, 1920x1080px
>>39255394
>>39255425
Because it's fucking COLD outside??!!!
Running outside is fine to me, but not in subzero temperatures.
>>
>>39255394
running on cement will damage your knees after a while, wouldn't it?
>>
>>39255523
Thats why you wear decent running shoes.
a solid surface is a solid surface. Wether its a slab of asphalt or a treadmill base
>>
>>39255523
yea, if youre a faggot
people run the bigfoot 200 and you don't hear them bitching
>>
>>39255475
> not running hard enough to keepm yourself warm
>>
>>39255523
OP here.
based on what I've read(I've looked into this myself)as long as you have good running shoes on and run properly(land on flat foot, etc) then you should be fine. running also have been shown to strengthen bones or whatever I don't remember(do your own research) compared to non-runners. Also, you could on a trail if you have one, that's what I did.

>>39255551
You might keep yourself warm, but that wind blowing into your face, legs and testicles plus you sweating can't end up well eventually. It's too risky. I'd rather run inside when it's cold and not risk getting a bronchitis or something.
>>
>>39255454
This.

>>39255959
Running below freezing isn't necessary especially if you are just starting out. I believe c25k has you doing intervals where you run and walk, and you'll probably just get really cold when you walk because of the sweat. Wouldn't recommend until you can run the distance the entire time without walking.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.