[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In need of advice... I smoke weed since my early teens and started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Jay.jpg (371KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
Jay.jpg
371KB, 1000x666px
In need of advice...

I smoke weed since my early teens and started daily usage around the age of 19 years old. I’m 25 years old now and since then I have only stopped smoking on counted occasions and for no more than 3-4 weeks. The last time I took a pause was because my daily usage was becoming too heavily and affecting my daily life, at that time stopping was easy. After I stopped I began a healthy lifestyle (exercise daily and good diet) that continued for almost an year, until one year ago where I started increasing my usage (5 joints a day atm), I’ve become lazy, moody and with no motivation at all and stuck in a circle of smoking, work, sleep, food, smoke, smoke, smoke……

I tried stopping cold turkey but the psychological withdrawal symptoms are too much and I find myself going back to smoking or vaping, are there any techniques to spot the craving?
This might be a long shot but if any anons know about an HOLLISTIC approach to this wholes DETOX process it would be much appreciated but, but all advice will be read and comprehendend.

Thanks in advance
Anon.
>>
Start sucking dicks to replace the weed urges
>>
>>39250024
Man up kid. Quit and get a bigboy job.
>>
>>39250024
>I tried stopping cold turkey
If it doesn't work (It's really hit or miss) then just stop gradually.
You need to break the habit too for example. You smoke one with your coffee in the morning ? Skip the coffee, drink Orange juice and run a mile.
After work you usually get on the couch and play vidya when smoking ? Break that habit, pick up your dusty guitar and play for an hour or just go for a walk.
Also don't keep an emergency stash "just in case" once you stopped. If you don't have any, you won't smoke. You may get bored and think of that but it'll pass eventually.
>>
>>39250024
Think hard about why you want to quit
Go so far you even create a list

Create a list of postive and negative effects from smoking

Create a list of things that motivate you to stop and things that stop you from changing

It's all about creating a good vision of what you realy want and whats stopping you
>>
if you really want to stop, just stop
>>
>>39250112
Shut up bluepill
>>
>>39250024
Disgusting, smelly pothead.
>>
Going to Amsterdam

Do I smoke weed and eat brownies
>>
I'm 2 weeks off after smoking daily for like 8ish years. Honestly it hasn't been hard mentally. Weed became a convenient thing to do after work but it became my whole night. When I was high I was content but I wasn't doing anything, just getting couch locked and consuming media. I want more out of life and honestly I'm a much more productive person when not high. My rule I've set for myself is that I won't buy or have any around, but if I'm out with friends and they want to smoke before seeing a movie or something, I'll do that.

The night sweats are the worst though. I agree that weed isn't physically addictive but there's definitely withdrawl symptoms
>>
>>39250568
>> " I agree that weed isnt physically addictive, but theres definitely withdrawal symptoms "
>INB4 night sweats
>What is physical withdrawal symptoms
night sweats = physical symptoms
physically addictive = physical symptoms

not physically additive = physical symptoms

>physical =/ physical

nice logic.
>>
>>39250587
Weedfags are always in denial.
It's NOT addictive and it cures cancer and shit man!
>>
When I quit last year, I picked up another thing to do to replace it. I used to smoke in the evening and just play Vidya/chill out, and when I quit I picked up anime and just bought things like root beer or other snacks to snack on.

It made it substantially more bearable.
>>
>>39250632
not really

weedfag reporting, trying to get off it. know its addictive and shitty to do
>>
Highjacking OPs thread, how does weed affect gains? I mean, does smoking once a week/every two weeks negatively impair your lifting?
>>
File: 33558965.jpg (247KB, 500x656px) Image search: [Google]
33558965.jpg
247KB, 500x656px
>>39250632
soda is more addictive than weed give me a fucking break, not everyone can be a stoner, especially the follow the law types
>>
Idk if you're still here OP but here's a 30 day program for quitting marjuana abuse designed by the University of Notre Dame

http://ntrda.me/2dYoiWd
>>
change your life so happiness comes from the things you do and the way you live
you're medicating yourself because you are unsatisfied with the life you lead
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.