[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to pull-up with your chest touching the bar without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chest-to-bar-pull-ups.png (1MB, 1200x758px) Image search: [Google]
chest-to-bar-pull-ups.png
1MB, 1200x758px
Is it possible to pull-up with your chest touching the bar without kipping? If so, which exercises would help build up to this?
I'm doing deadlifts, barbell rows and barbell curls. Which other exercises should I be doing to pull-up all the way to the bar?
>>
>>39242665
Why would you even want to do that?

Also
>Which other exercises should I be doing to pull-up
>I'm doing deadlifts, barbell rows and barbell curls.
Maybe do fucking pull-ups, you dumbass?
>>
>>39242665
>Is it possible to pull-up with your chest touching the bar without kipping?
Yes just do the pull up fast so you accelerate and still have speed when you've reached the end of your muscles' range of motion.
>>
>>39242702
But the pull-ups I do stop short of the bar, I can't get the last part of the range of motion.
>>
>>39242758
Full range of motion doesn't mean your chest has to touch the bar...
>>
>>39242797
Is it not possible? Everywhere I read it just states that you have to bring your chin above the bar for a pull-up. The only place I see people doing it is in crossfit where they jerk themselves around.
>>
>>39242665
Yes. this is a harder version of the pullup, especially if you start from deadhang.

Here's the movement order:
1. Grab bar
2. squeeze grip
3. tighten lats and shoulders so you're not fully hanging
4. squeeze abs, glutes, and point toes
5. pull normally, and once your chin is above the bar, pull through your elbows (they don't move, but you just apply more pull from biceps at this point)

I had a great article on this somewhere, i'll find it for you op
>>
>>39242884
Please do, thank you.
>>
Here's the article. http://www.strongfirst.com/one-good-rep-perform-perfect-pullup/

Also, you want to be doing horizontal bodyweight rows. Look up Startbodyweight infographic for the progression. great for shoulder health and stronger lats for better pullups.
>>
>>39242867
Its possible but very difficult.
I can do it strictly with chin ups like OP's pic. Just have to get good at pull ups.
That said chin over isnt really full ROM
>>
>>39242921
It's not very difficult. It's about using the right technique, and using a correct exercise progression.
>>
>>39242867
depending on your body proportions and shoulder structure, chin may be over, at, or under the bar in the top position.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.