[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been trying for weeks but it is true what they say,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Power-Clean-e1368126380917.png (152KB, 630x263px) Image search: [Google]
Power-Clean-e1368126380917.png
152KB, 630x263px
I've been trying for weeks but it is true what they say, it is impossible to teach yourself power cleans.

Should I leave SS for SL or Greyskull?
>>
its not hard. you just gotta EXPLODE up, you can't lift it slowly EXPLODE. Jump through the ceiling!
>>
>>39224680
Just switch them out for chins
>>
It's not impossible. It's dangerous.
You do light as fuck weight and film yourself from every possible view. You continue to do light, do cleans every other workout. Burn the feeling of that form in to your body before deciding to move up.
>>
>>39224680
power cleans are very easy to learn, full cleans/snatches are difficult
have you actually read the book?
>>
I tried learning powercleans alone, didn't help. took me 2 years until i found a guy willing to sit for 20mins with me to show me.

the key for me was to load some weight. most people say you must learn it with an empty bar (or even with a smaller barbell), but I couldn't understand the kinetics of the weight until I loaded 40kg.
>>
>>39224687

I think thats my problem, i pull slowly and then when i get to my hips I pause and then do a little jump, trying to think about extending my feet, knees, hips and shoulders. I have never thought about extending a joint purposefully before, let alone 4 at once. And then I realise that i forgot to pull my head back or that I didn't stamp and pull myself under the bar.

And I haven't seen a single other person int he gym do it so I must look like a tard.
>>
>>39224680
Power cleaning is a pretty natural movement. If you want to pick something heavy up to chest level, its the most natural way to lift it. I don't see why they'd be hard for anyone to learn. Maybe you're autistic?
>>
>>39224940
you dont need to pull yourself under the bar its a power clean
>>
>>39224680
Its a fluid motion, OP. There are stages to the lift but you should never stop. Commonly people tend to hesitate at the hips, causing a failure. Your momentum from your hip drive NEEDS to transfer to the clean stage.

The last part is the snap. Where you reach the final position of the lift. As your hands reach your chest, you must bend your knees, thrust your elbows forward and get your wrist beneath the bar, simultaneously.

Text doesnt do this lift justice, i recommend watching videos on the subject.
>>
>>39224877
Pretty much this. But when learning just don't go over 50kg if you're a guy and 30kg if you're a girl. Like >>39224835 said just practice low weight until form burns into you
>>
Doesnt deserve a thread. Just read starting strength you lazy illiterate faggot.
>>
>>39224958
Power clean is not a reverse curl
If you ask someone to lift something up they are gonna slowly bring it up with their arms
>>
>>39224680
I taught myself power cleans
Try harder nigger
>>
>>39224680

>that middle pic

what the fuck

calm down with that shrug, nigga
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.