[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Been lifting for 5 years now Stopped training my calves 1 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
Been lifting for 5 years now

Stopped training my calves 1 year ago, and they've not lost any size at all.

Is training calves a meme? I progressively overloaded them for 4 years, got up-to several hundred pounds on the standing calf raise etc. Trained them in all different rep ranges, trained them with both low and high frequency, never saw any difference in results at all. Now 1 year later having not trained them at all, they're still exactly the same as they were when I was training them.

That said, my brother (obese) who has never lifted a day in his life and has muscular, veiny and shredded calves.

This pretty much confirms to me that the only people capable of getting muscular and big calves are the following.

>fat people
>genetically gifted to have muscular calves (is that really a gift?)
>sight-enhancement on calves / on steroids

Unless you do one of those 3 things, you will never actually make that much of a difference for your trains by just simply training them and using progressive overload methods.

Training calves confirmed for being a literal waste of time for most of us.
>>
I've been doing seated calve raises superset with lateral raises and I've seem some results.

That's like saying that doing barbell shrugs won't make your traps grow

Stop this meme
>>
>>39222478
That's because stationary calf excercises are a meme.

Wanna get big calves? Jump, a lot.
>>
>>39222520
>I've been doing seated calve raises superset with lateral raises and I've seem some results.

How long have you been lifting?

I literally trained my calves for 4 years straight, and was consistently progressively overloading in all rep ranges.

Speaking of BB Shrugs, I only do them for balance in pulling/pushing for traps. They never really built my traps like BTN presses did.
>>
>>39222478
looks like they have an extra pair of ballsack on each leg
>>
Training calves: lots of repetitions, 100-200. Maybe twice as much. Daily or every second day.
Weight; you decide.
>>
>>39222478
>>39222559
The key to training anything is volume.
Calves just need a ridiculous high amount of volume.
See how many sets to failure you do per week, and increase that until you get results.
>>
>>39222478
6' 1" with 17.5" calves here (same as my neck), not sure how average that is but I have fairly thin ankles and wrists which helps make things look bigger.
>>
>>39222478

Get really, really fat.

You'll get super calves because something has to support that much body weight when walking.
>>
>>39222478
Those are some great looking legs holy shit. Which one would you guys prefer? I think I'd like the far right tbqh
>>
Calves are highly genetics, likewise with forearms. This is why you see fat people with huge calves

>>39224337
Far rights calves are thicker than his thigh lol
>>
ITT (and everywhere else)

>people with shit calf genetics expressing how you can only make VERY limited gains

>gurus with 'one weird trick' that don't have shit calf genetics
>>
off topic but, does it really matter?
large, huge calves are unaestheitc imo
>>
>>39222478
ok OP here's what I know

if you have high insertions (sprinter calf) stop training calves it's a waste of time for you

if genetics have not cucked you in this fashion, train caves with heavy standing raises (slowly, do not even remotely bounce, pause at top and bottom)

then hit some seated calf stuff for higher reps

note the achillies tendon stores an enormous amount of elastic energy, so you can heave some serious weight with calf raises, but this defeats the purpose
>>
>>39225788
Pretty much this.

The pause at the top of each rep (calf raises) takes away the help from the achilles.
>>
Calves respond to lifestyle, not short training sessions.

That's the great things about calves. Among natties, they make it easy at a glance to tell actual athletes and gymcels apart.
>>
My friend have never done any sports, just played video games his whole life and he has biggest fucking galves I've ever seen in real life. And he ain't even fatty, 6ft/180lbs. From that point I knew calves are pretty much genetic.
>>
I have no evidence to back this up, but I think Northern Europeans just genetically have big calves and don't have to do shit to train them but other whites and other races have to.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.