[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would happen if I did a ~300 calorie a day melon diet? Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2363.jpg (93KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2363.jpg
93KB, 1200x800px
What would happen if I did a ~300 calorie a day melon diet? Can anything bad happen to me from only consuming carbs for a week? Is it possible to lose FAT and not just water and waste?

No bro science please.
>>
its impossible not to lose fat when in a caloric deficit (see: law of thermodynamics)

now what would happen INSIDE your body if you only ate 300calories of melons for a week?

within 1-3 days depending on your lifting, you'll begin to lose muscle

by day 4 your hormones will be so severely fucked, you'll develop all sorts of issues (balding, acne, organ failure, massive insulin spikes, heart palpitations etc etc)

by day 6, assuming you're still alive, you would have lost anywhere from 3-8 lbs of fat (depends on TDEE), excluding muscle and water weight
>>
you should have some protein to keep your body from wasting muscle mass instead of fat
>>
If you did this for a week;

>Dramatic weight loss, combination of fat and muscle
>extreme fatigue, irritability
>deficient in multiple nutrients. Probably not a big deal with most, as your body has decent stores. Could be in trouble with electrolytes though. Expect dizziness and fainting when doing physical activity

In the long term it won't harm you, but you'll feel like shit, and the root cause of why you have extra weight won't be addressed.
>>
>>39216114
Oh I'm female with no muscle and I don't lift. Organ failure? There are anorexics who eat like 200 calories a day for months...
>>
>>39216104
goodbye muscles

/thread
>>
>>39216124

And frequently suffer permanent organ damage as a result, assuming it doesn't kill them (which it often does, sadly).
>>
>>39216114
>organ failure from what is essentially a week-long fast

Nah. OP will feel like shit, but few if any of those side effects will happen. Stress hormones like cortisol might be elevated, which could potentially give some acne/hair loss, but unlikely. Not eating for a week won't make your body go into such extreme shock.
>>
>>39216124
anorexics are far from healthy

if you're overweight and have no muscle and start losing fat (even as a woman), you'll just end up skinnyfat

pack of some muscle if you want to look good
>>
>>39216139
I was thinking that I should cut until I'm a skeleton and then lift when I can bulk...
Also, I read that fasting preserves muscle? What is the truth?
>>
>>39216104
You'll just pack it back on after anyway.
You need a lifestyle change including a balanced diet.
If you excersise more you get to eat more.
Eat slightley less than you need and you will slowly but surely lose wait.
Crash diets are shit.
>>
>>39216104
Babies eat 600 calories a day.
Are you smaller than a baby?
>>
>>39216157
*weight.
>>
>>39216136
maybe, but having no fat in your diet is a sure fire way to fuck up your hormones

look up lyle mcdonald's RFL diet

>>39216156
as a newbie, you'll still gain muscle (even at a deficit, just not one as extreme as a 300 calorie diet)

lift now, but do a slower cut
>>
>>39216165
For sure, not saying that fasting is particularly healthy, although it has uses. Just saying that a fast of a week is not that bad. Reports of people who fast for political reasons or whatever have people going without food for 1-3 months before they die.

Also, a week fast is different from say, months-long severe caloric deprivation, which will definitely hurt hormones and essential body systems.

But a week fast wouldn't have many harmful effects, other than making you feel miserable. At most, I'd be concerned about electrolytes and making sure you're getting enough fluids.
>>
>>39216165
body recomp will take years so why not just lose the weight and then put my mind on lifting afterwards when i can exert max effort?
>>
>>39216104
Your body will starve and then your metabolism will slow down. You'll lose more muscle than fat and you'll feel like shit.
>>
>>39216222

Because this approach is going to make things take even longer.
>>
>>39216277
Losing weight doesn't take that long...
TDEE -500 does, especially since I'm a short woman.
>>
>>39216403

Gaining back the muscle you're going to lose doing this does, especially since you're a short woman.
>>
>>39216464
Even though I'm only eating fruit, I think I might go into ketosis. I'll get those sticks. Ketosis preserves muscle I believe so whatever I have will be saved... I could take a supplement to get some fat?
>>
Height, weight pls.

6'0-6'1 180lbs, cutting for 2 weeks now, down from 200lbs.

Dnp and 1000 kcal a day.
>>
>>39216494

Fruit and ketosis do not go together. Ever. 300 kcals in carbs is too much for that.

And keto is a meme
>>
>>39216104
for a week? you will lose weight
thats it
>>
>>39216124
We already know you're a female you melon-eating slut.
>>
>>39216504
I read that you can go into ketosis with 50g carbs. Ketosis is muscle sparing.
>>
>>39216498
Is it possible to workout on dnp combined with 1 kcal a day ?
>>
>>39216494
You have to be trolling you ignorant twat.
>>
>>39216536

Ketosis is not muscle sparing.

300kcal fruit is 75g carbs.
>>
>>39216114
I've done water fasts longer than a week. You're full of shit.
>>
>>39216551

No. But why would you need to. Im losing 1lbs/day.
>>
>>39216560
Then what supplement can I take to preserve muscle? Isn't being in ketosis going to have less muscle loss than just eating normally?
>>
>>39216104

Search "Lyle McDonald 4 day fat loss." He reviewed a research study that covered what you want to do, plus the "protein version" of it. Spoiler alert: both means of rapid fat loss cost people equal amounts of LBM, and there is no reason or benefit to that sort of diet
>>
>>39216567
Dont you lose lots of muscle ?
>>
Will I lose muscle or not? Ugh.
>>
>>39216785
You will lose muscle, feel like shit and binge eat two weeks in and get even more fat.

How about just eating some salad, fatty?
>>
>>39216807
Salad as diet food is a meme.
>>
>>39216822
>eating less calorically dense food is a meme
OK
>>
>>39216842
>eating lettuce wont lead to a binge
>implying that salad tastes good without being a caesar salad

okay anon
>>
>>39216573
protein
>>
>>39216104
300 kcal a day? For how long?

I mean, eventually you'd starve surely.
>>
>>39216114
>Organ failure in a week
>Losing muscle after only 1 day

I thought OP asked for no broscience?
>>
>>39216114

legit retard
>>
Read Lyle MacDonald's rapid fat loss handbook and go on a protein sparing modified fast.
>>
>>39216114
> day 4 balding
>>
>>39216887
>eating for taste while cutting

never gonna fucking make it
I mean you can make shit taste good, but you shouldn't expect miracle meals
>>
>>39216626

Not if you don't have much to begin with.

Height/weight?

12 weeks, 5mg anavar. 2.5mg lgd4033, 10mg gw501516. Possibly 10mg ostarine. All 12 weeks.

First and last 2 weeks 200mg dnp, up to 500 by testing your response.

You'll double your metabolism. Spare muscle and even build them while cutting if you lift.

The 8 weeks in between you bulk. Try to gain about 5lbs.

The 4 weeks of dnp will cut 20ish lbs. Mostly fat.
>>
>>39217310
>thinking a girl who is going on a starvation diet knows what you're talking about
>>
>>39217407

Im on a starvation diet at 6'1/200lbs starting point. 800-900kcal a day and lost 20lbs so far

Got another 20 to go. Maybe 25.
>>
>>39217438
Are you eating melon though? Why would you tell an idiot to use DNP and Anavar if she's not lifting?
>>
>>39217276

you can eat for taste while cutting, and it's not that hard.

really people need to learn how to cook / prepare food.
>>
>>39216104
first 3 days would be the hardest
youd loose wight
probly youd be less energetic
if you do for just a week youll be fine
300 cals a day is way to little for any long period of time
>>
>>39216114
Buddy if you're trolling then good job, 9/10, but if you're actually serious here then you're literally a retarded individual.

OP, you'll be fine. Go for it. Supplement with a multivitamin though.
>>
>>39216573
Just eat 300 calories a day of meat instead of melon if you're determined to cut this hard FFS. Add a multivitamin to this regimen, obviously.
>>
>>39216104
>Can anything bad happen to me from only consuming carbs for a week?
not really, no.

>What would happen if I did a ~300 calorie a day melon diet?
you'll feel like absolute shit, be hungry as fuck, probably fuck over your metabolism for at least a month to come, might even get hormonal problems.

then after it is over you will keep feeling like shit, exhausted and tired, plus you will binge on food and gain back all the fat you lost during your week of starvation.
>>
>>39216156
>I was thinking that I should cut until I'm a skeleton and then lift when I can bulk
no you shouldnt. read the sticky.
>I read that fasting preserves muscle
stop reading cosmopolitan. really, stop reading anything targeted at women specifically, it's all retarded manipulative garbage and full of blatant lies.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 793x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 793x511px
I did a similar diet a while back. Ate nothing but fruit for 5 days, then binged like hell. My lean gains went through the roof.
Pic related, current body.
>>
>>39216158
600 cal/day isn't baby maintenance. Babbies are bulking hard.
>>
You'll lose muscle and fat at a 50:50 ratio. So assuming your maintenance is something like 2500 since you prolly don't even lift, you'd lose around 3kg of weight, out of which probably 2 would be muscle (since 1g of muscle provides almost half the energy 1g of fat does).

Apart from that, you'll experience fatigue, headaches, probably some hypoglycemias, and some hormonal imbalances that will probably fix themselves in a week or so.

there is generally no reason to do this
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.