[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a way to fall asleep quickly without pills? >lay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 16

File: 90pvv5.jpg (18KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
90pvv5.jpg
18KB, 320x320px
Is there a way to fall asleep quickly without pills?
>lay down
>close eyes
>stay still
>sit there for forever before tossing and turning
>stay still
>toss and turn
>somewhere in that fall asleep
It probably takes about 1-2 hours for me to fall asleep. I know a girl who literally will fall asleep if she's warm and comfortable. How do I achieve it /fit/?

Here's my bedtime routine:
>shower
>drink water w/ allergy/skin pills
>brush teeth
>lay down and try to sleep

I only drink caffeine before 12 PM, and I always go to bed at about 9 PM.
>>
>>39212191
f.lux
l
u
x
>>
I have this issue tooo.

So eat some some raw honey before bed. Also look into Glycine, its an amino acid that will relax you. I also sometimes take Valarine Root, but only once a week.

You need to be in your bed ONLY for sleeping, dont lay around in it to watch TV or whatever. Also make sure your room is comfortable and noise free. Avoid bright light and being active 3 hours prior to bed time.
>>
Smoke weed. A dense indica
>>
>>39212191
ASMR did it for me, you might feel a little autistic at first though.
>>
>>39212191
You're not working out hard enough
>>
>>39212247
This also helps for bulking
>>
>>39212257
>implying I haven't tried this already
It worked at first but gradually stopped.
>>
>>39212247
Fuck you, for such a advice, stupid pothead.
>>
What I found out helps me a lot falling asleep is just trying really hard to stop thinking. I think of my mind as a dark lake, and as soon as i start thinking about something the water starts getting turbulent, and my goal is to keep it as calm as possible. At the begining it was really hard not thinking about anything and i kept resetting, but once you get used to doing it, you clear your mind, think about total blackness and fall asleep in no time.

It might sound autistic af but it works
>>
>>39212191
Learn to meditate.
>>
>>39212309
That's actually what the girl I mentioned in the OP said to me ("Clear your mind") and I was like yeah sure hippy bullshit.

I'll give it a try.
>>
>>39212191

-Fap (bad for gains)

-Drink (bad for gains)

Sorry. That's all I got
>>
File: pepemiami.jpg (77KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
pepemiami.jpg
77KB, 500x500px
>>39212309
>It might sound autistic af
>might
>>
I read almost every night.

No phones, no screens, nothing electronic. I just sit Indian style on the floor with my doggo and read until I feel pretty tired, then get in bed and fall right asleep.
>>
>>39212296
Sorry dude
Got enough blankets/pillows? Maybe your temperature or posture is keeping you up.
Maybe your attire? I can't fall asleep wearing a shirt or pants, so just boxers and socks are my go to.
Maybe you could try waking up a little earlier. I'm not really a morning person and ever since I started working an early morning job I can practically fall asleep on command
>>
>>39212191
whats the ingredients of your allergy/skin pills?
make sure they don't have anything that might keep you up
>>
>>39212191
cut down on caffeine
>>
>>39212353
I take trimethoprim and fexofenadine HCL (generic allegra). Anybody know if these could be keeping me awake?
>>
>>39212318

Different anon, but a trick I sometimes use is
>breathe in, think "one"
>breathe out, think "two"
on repeat. Encourages deep breaths and helps prevent thinking.
>>
>>39212309

That's the same process for meditating. Nothing autistic about it.
>>
>>39212382
I'm one of those people that thinking about breathing makes me all weird and uncomfortable. I've been trying the strategy of "in for four, hold for 7, out for 8" and I'm not sure if there's been any difference
>>
>>39212373
Fexonfenadine in rare cases has an insomnia side effect
>>
>>39212209

There's also a night shift setting on iPhones for this. I'm not sure if it's new or if I'm just an idiot who never knew about it.
>>
smoking weed, crearly the best alternative. Better than taking pills cuz of side effects and addictness
>>
>>39212410
clearly*
>>
>>39212209
>>39212393
Just downloaded f.lux to computer. I have an iphone, where's night shift?
>>
File: tumblr_nsj9tcMOgY1qkv5xlo1_500.gif (924KB, 500x460px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsj9tcMOgY1qkv5xlo1_500.gif
924KB, 500x460px
>>39212389

Could try a bit of yoga, sync breath with movement. It felt a bit weird to me too at first, but since giving it an honest go it's really nice, and good for you to make sure you're breathing correctly. Make sure you're expanding your lungs from the bottom rather than pulling air in from your nose/throat.
Try lying on your back with your eyes closed and filling your lungs from the bottom up, like your torso is an ocean and your breath's building and crashing a big wave.
>>
>>39212430

Settings > displays & brightness
>>
File: 1468911435237.jpg (25KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
1468911435237.jpg
25KB, 600x451px
>>39212191
Milk and a bit of cheese always kept me asleep
>>
Just take melatonin and dont be a faggot. It takes up to two weeks to actually start working correctly and doesnt have any bad effects for prolonged use
>>
>>39212495
I used it for years. There are in fact bad effects. The effectiveness decreases to a dramatic extent once you've been taking it for a really long time.
t. took it from 6th-11th grades at the behest of my parents
>>
>>39212191
What are skin pills and why do you take them?
>>
>>39212584
>>39212373
For acne.
>>
>>39212247
Weed makes you sleep easier but your mind doesnt rest

dont do is op
>>
File: una-cebra-en-un-arbol-2937.jpg (339KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
una-cebra-en-un-arbol-2937.jpg
339KB, 1440x900px
a clear mind tells your body is time to sleep

Learn how to clear your mind, do that autistic shit of the lake, focus on your breath and just let ideas flow without hanging on them.

You could use some whitenoise or your fave music

Fap before bed

or just say alright boyz no more toughts for today i aint opening my eyes till morning

idk fuck you fag
>>
Asmr
>>
>>39212191
Blow your load inside a vagoo as nice as the one you posted, then spoon her
>>
>>39212739
That's literally what I imagine most nights. Doesn't help.
>>
>>39212209
This and Twilight for your phones
>>
Deep breathing exercises.

Also stop looking up photos of your ex-gf.
>>
>always so fucking tired by bedtime
>use aromatherapy shit before bed and drink non caffeinated hot tea
>close eyes
>bad/scary thoughts for 1-2 hours
>eventually small anxiety attack?
>feel like can't breathe
>start crying
>finally sleep
>wake up to piss
>repeat

all sleeping pills I have tried give me nightmares about demonic possession, so i'm a bit leery to try others. i only have small anxiety attacks (if that's what they are) about once a week, but otherwise i just have the negative thoughts. i try meditating and thinking of other things, but i guess i need to practice, because it doesn't work.
>>
Alcohol and a warm blanket
>>
for some reason when i go to sleep i ALWAYS have this feeling of having to pee. it only happens when i go to sleep never during the day. my water consumption is normal before i go to bed. its basically a lasting feeling of having pee stuck in your dick and it doesnt go away no matter how many times i get up to use the bathroom, its really been affecting my sleep for the last year or so
>>
>>39212191
I knower this feel it used to take me up to four hours to get to sleep sometimes now as soon as i go to bed I'm asleep. What i did was get chronic depression and the medication makes me so tired that staying awake is physically painful.
>>
>>39212955
kek
>>
>>39212247
>Smoke weed
>thc
he would be better going with CBD extract, which wouldn't get him high, only relax him(if you were going the weed route.
also
>smoking possibly every night
>expecting cardio and all around gains to be fine
stop giving advice
>>
>>39213055
Literally me
>>
>>39213104
>smoking
>not vaping
>>
File: [12] guy.jpg (103KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
[12] guy.jpg
103KB, 768x1024px
>>39212247
yea you can, i have, but then try falling asleep without it
>>
>>39213114
what do we do
>>
>>39212191
You don't try to sleep, you fall asleep.
Download Twilight for your phone, go to bed and read a book.
>>
>>39213141
i usually go to the bathroom the very second before going to bed, then after not being able to sleep, get up after around 15 mins, force some more piss out (sit down if you have to, it helps) and at least then I can try convincing myself that I got rid of all the piss.
>>
>>39213249
Sounds like you got a problem bro. Maybe get thst checked out.
>>
>>39212410
>better for addictiveness
>smoke weed literally every day ayylmao
>>
>>39213104
Smoking weed has literally zero effect on cardiovascular performance.

Source: smoked weed my whole life, have ran several marathons, and continue to distance run ~40 miles a week on average.
>>
>>39212191
yoga/stretching
>>
File: iscoobydoobydoo.jpg (46KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
iscoobydoobydoo.jpg
46KB, 394x370px
>>39212321
>sexcercise
>bad for gains
>falling for the nofap meem
>>
I count, FWIW. Not Sheryl or anything stupid, and I don't visualize anything while I'm doing it. Not slowly, either: as fast as I can, in sets of 100. I almost never make it to ten sets. Try it, it's magical.
>>
>>39213950
Heh, Sheryl. That was "sheep" on a swipe keyboard. I don't count Sheryl either, though.
>>
>>39213055
When i was deployed the first time we went out in the evening and was out all night and didnt come back until breakfast.

I ate and drank a bunch of milk and passed out.

Pissed myself while i was sleeping. Im guessing all the liquid and being so tired i slept through it.

That was in 2009.
To this day i HAVE to piss before i go to sleep. I HAVE to.
And if i dont have the urge, i dont get in bed till i have to go.

((never again))
>>
>>39213713
Yes, dumbass, you can smoke it every day specifically because it isn't addictive.
>>
>>39212191

Something in the allergy/skin pills may be keeping you up.

Shrink here, I'll give you all the best tips I can on a good nights sleep:

> Sugars, too much sugar in the diet is gonna make it hard to sleep, especially your sugar intake in the evening

> Cardio, the more cardio you do the better you will sleep

> Screens and lights, looking at screens will keep you up, the light conditions your body to think it is daytime and should stay awake. No screens 3 hrs before bed. If you wanna go hardcore, only have candlelight 3 hrs before bed

> No eating 3 hrs before bed time. This can be tough if you are on a weight gaining diet, but mainly just no heavy sugars 3hrs before bed

> restrict your bed for nothing but sex or sleeping. No screens or reading in bed.

> If you are having trouble sleeping, get out of bed go to a chair and read. Once you are sleepy return to bed. If your mind is racing with thoughts, then go to a desk and write down those thoughts for a while, then go to bed

> total darkness. If you block out all the lights and all the window light so that your bedroom is like a cave, you will sleep better.

God speed.
>>
>>39212191
What's wrong with pills?

Low dose oxazepam, lorazepam works wonders.

If you aren't into Benzos, the olanzepine or quetiapine works too.

If you aren't crazy and don't want antipsychotics, maybe some tcas like 25mg amitriptyline works wonders.

Or if all is hard to get, a shot of vodka, but not more than one.
>>
>>39212336
This. Read some Fjodor, op
>>
>>39212191
Emptying my mind is the only way i have, otherwise i cannot sleep.
>>
>>39214078
I smoke weed and can say it is addictive for me. Perhaps it's just me but if you don't think you're addicted, try going a week without it (assuming you're a daily smoker)
>>
>>39212191
Blink fast for a minute.

Not even kidding.

And one more thing. I know it sounds quite strange but bear with me: think about batman. I'm dead serious.
>>
>>39214204
>restrict your bed for nothing but sex or sleeping. No screens or reading in bed
I'll second this

> If you are having trouble sleeping, get out of bed go to a chair and read. Once you are sleepy return to bed. If your mind is racing with thoughts, then go to a desk and write down those thoughts for a while, then go to bed
and this. maybe not the writing things down part, idk about that, seems probably like a good idea
>>
Read and/or drink milk. Apple juice doesn't really help you fall asleep but it makes your dreams more vivid. So you may drift off quicker.
>>
>>39212309
This is how I do it. I'm always thinking about dumb shit, be it life, concerns, worries or even hypothetical scenarios I will never be in. But by the time 5 minutes pass, I just try focus on seeing black because if I focus on seeing the black (because eyes are shut, duh) then eventually I fall asleep because I've cleared my mind.

Though it's more or less shifted it from less active stuff to boring stuff, really.
>>
>>39212191
I lie in bed, watch YouTube on my phone for half an hour or so, then go to sleep. I don't know why but sleep is so simple for me. I close my eyes and I'm out.
>>
>>39212309
Usually this is what I try and do. Just try and think about nothing, I focus on the color white personally but I dont think it matters.
>>
>>39212247
I spent 3 years in Cali vaping every night. Best sleeping habits I've ever had.
>>
>going to bed is the highlight of my day
>never want to fall asleep because i dont want to wake up
>close my eyes just to relax
>end up falling asleep in 3 minutes as i listen to the first song on my night playlist
>>
>>39212309
meditating while lying in your sleeping position will knock you out
>>
>>39212191
thinken of space

usually i create some space oriented adventure or story in my head and slowly develop it in my head
it gives me something interesting to think about so i'm not bored trying to sleep, and the vastness of space helps me fall asleep
>>
>>39212229
>avoid being active 3 hours before bed
Not all of us are neet with unlimited time in the day
>>
I use melatonine every day. I can sleep without it, but I am much more rested when taking it.

It has no negative sideeffects. Check examine
>>
>>39215816
Hm, cool. I fantasize a lot as well but usually during uncomfortable moments as escapism. Do you ever dream about ypur adventures? I dont think it'd help me sleep cos I'd get really into it ha but you ahould write down your dreams and thoughts of space
>>
If nothing works, try this :
> do sports
Litterally not kidding. I've been struggling with sleep for my whole life, it's only this year with 2 hours of exercising five times a week that I can finally sleep tight
>>
>>39215889
What do you play and does it interfere with weight training?
>>
>>39212336
>Do you ever dream about ypur adventures?

no, i always have some completely random dreams, also i never remember anything from my dreams.
>>
>>39215933
Back when i was really into the whole /x/ thing and trying to lucid dream i read a lot that writing as soon as you wake up helps you remember
>>
I habe the same problem. Somtimes I can't Fall asleep because I have a song stuck in my mind. Last night?

>"YO LISTEN UP HERE'S THE STORY"
>"ABOUT A GUY THAT LIVES IN A BLUE WORLD"
>"I'm blue daba dee daba die"

for 3 hours straight
Think i am going slightly insane
>>
>>39215971

Now I can't sleep because I'm laughing
>>
>>39215971
>having the greatest song ever constantly plying in your head

jelly
>>
>>39212191
OP< close your eyes and rotate your eays in circles clockwise and counter-clockwise each ten times. Tis puts strain on your eyes and tricks your brain into thinking that you're tired because when you are, it's your eyes that hurt.

Simple but it works.
>>
>>39212309
Good concept. I work with a mental "box". Every time a thought pops up, I open the box put the thought in and close the box again. By the time I'm calm, I push the box out of my mind and enter a very dark but comforting sleep.

Also focus on your breathing. There are multiple YouTube videos with guided meditation, also for guiding you to sleep, try it.
>>
File: prometheus rising.jpg (42KB, 322x500px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus rising.jpg
42KB, 322x500px
>>39212955
Could be caused by a traumatizing imprint. This book might help you.
>>
>>39212191
read a book when you are going to bed, just have a tiny bedlamp turned on
eat some turkey
drink hot milk with honey
go out and jogg before going to sleep
drink some water
>>
>>39215916
Taekwondo for a bunch of years. Bretty good cardio, kinda hard on the legs for the first year so it might be hard if you're starting to lift weights in the meantime, but appart from that it's fun, useful and tiring. On the plus side you'd learn a bunch of exercises if you want to train by yourself (or with a couple of friends if you can), and you'd get big legs in no time.
>>
>>39213966
But...do you miss Sheryl?
>>
Journal out your day, write a page minimum even if nothing happened and after a week the problems will flow out to paper and you will lose a large portion of you anxiety. Also say out of the bedroom unless its for sleep, use blue light filters for you phone before bed, learn to read, ect
>>
>>39212191
I take 3 zzzquil pills and drink some non caffinated hot tea about an hour before I'm going to bed. Then I just watch TV or play vidya but nothing too intense. About 45 minutes later my eyelids are heavy and that's when I know it is time to crash
>>
>>39212209

I'm pretty sure win10 has this shit integrated
>>
>>39212191

Z M A
M
A

>>39217436
Dear diary,

Today I shitposted a bunch on 4chan and someone called me out on estatting. Some milf was clearly mirin at the grocery checkout line when I went to get some mountain dew and whole milk.

You to,
OP
>>
>>39217554
This. In the UK I use boots sleepeaze. Its basically benadryl an anti histamine, but also works like a mild anti anxiety.

I suffer with pretty severe anxiety and one or two of these with a bit of reading sends me off everytime. Every few weeks I come off it and go without until I hit sleep problems again.

I know you said no pills, but these things are pretty harmless, they make you drowsy not send you off to sleep, which means you still get good quality sleep. Getting out of bed is tough though.
>>
File: 1464608004061.png (307KB, 427x559px) Image search: [Google]
1464608004061.png
307KB, 427x559px
>>39212793
Twilight is amazing. My sleep improved 100% since using it. No more nights of staring at yotsuba B till 3 or 4am fucking up my gains.

>mfw I found our blue light is pretty much the worst thing for sleep patterns
>mfw 4chan was trolling me for years with yotsuba B
>>
File: 1477272650034.jpg (719KB, 2448x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1477272650034.jpg
719KB, 2448x1836px
>>39212191
She perfect. Who is?
>>
>>39212541
Any other bad effects?
>>
When I can't get to sleep I focus all my energy on staying awake. Couple minutes later I'm zyzzzzzzzzz mode
>>
>>39217609
ZMA is fucking legit
>>
>>39212247
Might help you sleep more but ive heard its lower quality sleep and you dont feel as well rested the next day. Cant be bothered to do the research on that but my experience seems to gel with it.
>>
>>39212191
If you can't fall asleep easy you didn't do enough during the day. Work harder at everything you do, take up new hobbies, try harder in the gym etc
>>
You people are lucky. My problem is not the going to sleep part, it's wanting to go to sleep. Why the fuck would I want to stop enjoying myself afternoon work? I mean, you make money working long hours and you surely deserve to relax and goof around those same number of hours.

Life is unfair and this sleep deprivation is catching up. When are we going to cure sleep?
>>
if you're stressed and you start thinking at all, you won't sleep. Either read until it gets hard to keep your eyelids open, or try your hardest to just not think about anything
>>
>>39212209
>f.lux

not op but thanks downloading now
>>
>>39212489

>charlie kelly detected
>>
File: IMG_3141.jpg (36KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3141.jpg
36KB, 236x236px
>>39212191
Smoke the devil's lettuce. Get an indica dominant strain and you'll sleep like a baby.
>>
>>39217690
Her name is Google
>>
File: bananahat.jpg (30KB, 500x394px) Image search: [Google]
bananahat.jpg
30KB, 500x394px
>>39212191
some tea for better sleep

no pc/tv/mobilephone as their lights stops you to produce sleeping hormones

also how much do you sleep?
>>
>>39212309
yeah this is p much just meditation.
acknowledge thoughts as thoughts but don't pursue them, let them pass by and focus on your breath.
>>
>>39212332
found the miserable westie
>>
Benadryl, 2 for sleep 16 for spiders.
>>
4 7 8

(google it)
>>
>>39212336
>I just sit Indian style on the floor with my doggo and read
sounds comfy af

wish my place allowed pets so i could have my doggo
>>
>>39216692
Will look into. Thanks, anon!
>>
>>39212191
Maybe the pills cause you to sleep bad.
I know if i take pills before sleep im gonna have a shit quality sleep.

My steps to fall asleep fast, works every time for me, i fall asleep in about 10min using them:
>make sure room is a little colder than room temperature
>get snug
>lay on stomach pr however u like to lay
>think of nothing, try your hardest to not think about ANY thing
>lay like that for 10 min or so
>fall asleep
>>
File: Lazy Town Disgust.gif (488KB, 284x210px) Image search: [Google]
Lazy Town Disgust.gif
488KB, 284x210px
ATTENTION: ACTUAL ANSWER COMING THROUGH
Look up this podcast called Sleep With Me. It's designed to put you to sleep. Just download it and play it on your phone as you fall asleep. That thing works wonders.

>mfw the rest of of these answers
>>
>>39220028
LMAO WHAT
>>
>>39215005
When I was a daily smoker I'd get cravings if I didn't smoke for a few days, but it wasn't hard to go a week or longer without smoking, and i don't even have good willpower
>>
>>39220028
Holy shit son, soon you will get to 0K then you won't be able to sleep anymore
>>
drink bone broth daily
kiwi helps sleep
dark chocolate for lunch
no mattress (floor sleep)
yoga relaxtion b4 bed
meditation
no electronics past sundown
>>
>>39212282
Prove it
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.