[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys find that diet is far more important than exercise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: simpsonswiggum.jpg (214KB, 1434x1079px) Image search: [Google]
simpsonswiggum.jpg
214KB, 1434x1079px
Do you guys find that diet is far more important than exercise for weight loss? Is 2k calories a good start for someone thats 5'10 200lbs with love handles?
>>
>>39210938
there is no question that diet is far more important than exercise for weight loss. exercise isn't even necessary, it's just a bonus.
>>
Go to 1500-1600 if you arent gonna do shit physically. You should, but that's on you.
>>
>>39210938
1500 is what you should shoot for with calories. If you can get about 30 mins light to moderate excercise in that would be good. I was 5' 11" 190 for a while and dropped a lot of fat like that. It helped that I had a job that consisted of throwing around big heavy boxes all the time
>>
File: d892d3_5535493.jpg (173KB, 1118x708px) Image search: [Google]
d892d3_5535493.jpg
173KB, 1118x708px
>>39210938
5'8" here
>Manlet let
The nutritionist I went to said I'd want to shoot for at least 1800 cal a day. I as losing weight at a decent clip but now it's slowed down to the crawl.
Should I bust my diet down to 1500 or so? Im finding it hard to get the protein I need daily on anything lower than that.

I work a local truck driving job and go to the gym 3x a week. I have time at the beginning of each day to assemble my "lunch" (work 3rd shift so it's a loose term) and eat it throughout the day.
>>
>>39210938
>>39210958
This is unquestionably true. The kicker is, if you want to be cutting out body fat and maintaining as much lean muscle mass as you can, the excercise becomes more important.
>>
>>39210938
CAL IN CAL OUT YOU DUMB FUCK

HOW YOU DO IT DOESNT MATTER
>>
>>39212000
>but now it's slowed down to the crawl.
you adjust it after every 2 kg
>Im finding it hard to get the protein
eggs, yoghurt
>>
>>39212139
Are protein bars just a meme or are they worth it?
>>
>>39212246
1 a day is fine
>>
>>39210938
The other posters have already said it but i'm gonna add one more voice to it: diet is far and away the most important part of health, aesthetics, and fitness.
>>
plenty of calculators out there will tell you what a reasonable # of calories are for your TDEE, just google TDEE
>>
>>39212000

Find a TDEE Calc. 1800 is in the ballpark but don't blindly trust a nutritionist. Registered dietitian is what you want.
>>
>>39212246
look at the nutritionals, most are sugary memes, also not all sweeteners are considered sugars so a few won't show up in the sugars section
anything ending in -ol like manitol, sorbitol are sugars
>>
>>39210938
Sleep > Exercise > Diet

For weight loss only, diet is obviously key, but you'll end up a skinny fat faggot with no muscle.
>>
>>39210938

You CAN lose weight without exercising.

You CANNOT out-exercise a shitty diet. There just aren't enough hours in a day.
>>
>>39213398
olympian swimmers eat over 10,000 cal a day in training
>>
>>39210938
Youre tdee is probably somewhere around 2300, so a 2k diet will drop off about 2 lbs a month.

If you want to lose more, do some excercise and/or cut more calories. 1600 a day and 60 minutes of excercise is very doable and you will lose closer to 10lbs a month. I highly recommend biying a food scale, regardless.

Your call.
>>
5'10 176lbs and I input my activity level as low (3-5hrs per week exercise) and it shows my tdee to be 2900 calories
I'm doing SS is this accurate?
>>
>Weight loss has slowed to a crawl

Realistically you can only lose so much fat a day/week, any extra weight lost may have been muscle. The single biggest tip I give newbies is patience, it didn't take you one month to fuck up this body, it won't take you one month to fix it. Fitness is a lifetime commitment to knowing and understanding what you're putting in your body.
>>
>>39213834
perhaps that has something to do with the fact that swimming is their only job, really made me think.
>>
>>39210938
CICO is basic physics
>>
>>39213834

Okay, go be a fucking Olympic swimmer then.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.