[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I accidentally bullied a kid at the gym. Some fat highschooler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 16

File: reddit-gym-justice.jpg (144KB, 1024x900px) Image search: [Google]
reddit-gym-justice.jpg
144KB, 1024x900px
I think I accidentally bullied a kid at the gym.

Some fat highschooler came up to me last night and asked me for a spot. He looked like an absolute day 1 beginner. We went over to his bench and when I saw that he only had 20 pounds loaded up on each side I couldn't help but snort out a laugh. It was automatic, I barely even realized I did it. He seemed disparaged.

He finished his set and I resumed working out. A minute later I saw him getting ready to do another set so I walked over and asked "Hey bud, you need another spot?" in the friendliest manner I could. I might have overdone the friendliness to the point where it became patronizing. He stammered out a "no" and left shortly after.

Anyway he seemed like the type of guy to frequent this board, so if you read this kid, I apologize, I meant no offense.
>>
>>39210534
>85lb bench
>on day 1

thats not even bad
>>
when I first came to the gym this other guy who looked new asked to work in. I said yes but I didn't know what that meant so I just ignored him during bench press.
>>
>>39210534
Apologies next time you see him breh. We were all at that stage at one point

>>39210570
Fucking lol
>>
File: Chad Chadson.jpg (228KB, 996x1222px) Image search: [Google]
Chad Chadson.jpg
228KB, 996x1222px
>>39210534
Chads benchpress 90kg on day one.
>>
>>39210534
This is why I hate faggots who always say just go to the gym nobody will notice or laugh at you
If you're a newbie, get a home gym
>>
>>39210534
I was going to go to the gym for the first time in a while in 30 minutes but fuck this type of shit makes me so nervous.. I'm a weakling that could barely lift the bar in high school
>>
>>39210546
Better than what I started with.
>>
I have done similar things with beginners, accidentally feeling smug about how little they lift. Feels bad every time, I try to give simple, useful advice to them but sometimes I get too caught up in myself
>>
>>39211835

If you feel like you're doing it accidentally, just play it off as nostalgia for your first time at the gym and give the poor fucker a little hope.
>>
>>39211828

At the end of the day, the only people inside a gym are those who want to better themselves. If you aren't ready to better yourself today, you will not go and that is okay. Perhaps you will go tomorrow. Good luck anon
>>
File: faggot.jpg (278KB, 2048x800px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
278KB, 2048x800px
>>39211797
no you flaming bulwark of faggotry

you go through the shame and bear it

why?

because everybody started small, but we all worked through it
>>
The only way youll ever make it is if you dont care what people think of you, especially at the gym. The sooner you learn this the better
>>
>>39212060
This, nothings better than the growth you go through at your first gym gym, it's too emotional to pass up with a one gym. My first gym has been there for me for the original break up and the ones after the first. My first gym has been there for me for many rejections, and many failures. My first gym has been there for me for my successes and my growth.

I love my first gym and I'm glad I got to experience the growth at my first gym, it's the best relationship I've ever had.
>>
File: images-2.jpg (26KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
26KB, 443x332px
>>39210534
Wow, you're unbelievably autistic, undoubtedly quite idiotic and - perhaps most damning for a participant on this board - a weak cunt.

Nice fatboi bod you've got there though, sure is impressive.
>>
>>39211797

Pussy. People don't laugh,and if they do fuck them.
>>
>>39212093
This.
Why should you care what others think? Everyone is there to get fit
>>
>>39212138

>thinks that this photo is OP
>Didn't read the text of the thread
>Calls others autistic

I got bad news jimmy
>>
>>39212184
>Why should you care what others think?
Because it's a vital human instinct developed through millions of years of evolution to avoid certain death by being ousted by the tribe or falling prey to unknown dangers.
>>
File: broly.png (528KB, 412x778px) Image search: [Google]
broly.png
528KB, 412x778px
“The trainers said, learning is the most important thing in the life. But in the fitness world, only the powerful can remain undefeated!”
>>
>>39212060
>>39212112
Let me guess, bullying makes you stronger right
>>
>>39212708
Yes, and it's part of the process of making it: you work your way up saying FUCK YOU to everybody else until you are the guy you used ot hate.
>>
>>39212730
I just hope some poor guy like the OP doesn't come across faggots like you
>>
>>39212294
cucked by instinct kek
>>
>>39210534
TIL Australians shitpost on Facebook too
>>
>>39210588
"working in" is just someone asking to take the machine right? I've never heard it before
>>
>>39213808
It means you take turns using the bench/machine/whatever.

You're only lifting for a few seconds to a minute while resting 1-5 minutes. Someone can easily work in.

Three is kind of a pain though, especially if everyone is working with different weight.
>>
>>39213929
heh

>go to gym at 6am every morning
>finish session by 7am
this is never necessary for me
>>
>>39210600
>>>/fraud/
>>
>>39211797
>If you're a newbie, get a home gym
Terrible advice and clearly from an autist.

Getting gym bullied is extremely rare. More rare than say... school bullying. Most guys in the freeweight section are pretty fucking nice. Even OP is an okay dude, he just had a kneejerk jerk reaction; and he wants to apologize for it.

Deep diving into a home gym is a great way for a newbie to both have shit gains and set themselves up for wasting money. Most people fail to make fitness a routine, whether home gym or not. Difference with a gym membership is you can simply cancel membership. Home gym you're stuck with a bunch of shit you can only hope to offload on Craigslist for a tiny fraction of what you paid.

Also a newbie is very unlikely to invest in good gear that'll last, or even useful gear. They'll probably start like a whole shitload of people do: with shitty adjustable dumbbells that go up to a massive 25/40 lbs and dick around with shitty half-assed routines for a year and wonder why there's no progress.

Go to the gym, use real equipment, stop being an anti-social autist.

Let's face it; you're lifting for social reasons and RUNNING AWAY FROM SOCIAL SITUATIONS isn't going to help you.
>>
>>39213958
>6am sessions
gross

Two thumbs up for crazy motivation though. I tried it a while back. I just can't lift for shit in the morning (even my Sat late morning sessions that I've been doing for two years are always the least productive session). I just don't have it in me.

Although I was speaking for the dude. I very rarely work in with people at my gym. It just happens to be spacious enough that it's not very necessary. My last gym though... fucking powerlifters everywhere. We all liked lifting with each other but seriously, we all had to really work with each other. It's a good thing we all got along. Although I met some good bros that way.
>>
>>39212708
If you're not weak then yes.
>>
> In squat rack, doing repwork at lmao2pl8
>Super scrawny guy sets up in the wrack next to me, works up after like 2 sets to 1pl8
>He sqauts it, twice, maybe half ROM then just walks away leaving the bar loaded
>I thought he was done. Look over at his bar and just smirk to myself. Guy acting all big and cant be fucked to unrack his entire 1pl8
>Guy comes back as Im doing this, guess he went for water
>Sees me smirking, starts trying 1000% harder with a vendetta to outsquat me
>Actually loaded up 2pl8 and squatted it like 3 inches
>Walked away puffing his chest out like he had won

I was laughing because I had thought he made a big show about not unracking his shit. I wasn't actually laughing at his baby weights. Good on him I guess for trying harder but kek
>>
>>39210546
>having to translate weights into autism units

Enjoy never making it
>>
>>39210546
That's what I thought. Shit, I started off doing a whopping 30 pounds...and I mean a cheap 10lb Gold's Gym bar with 10 plates on each side. Everyone's gotta start somewhere and this dude seemed to start off pretty good.
>>
>>39210534
I remember like it was yesterday, after our team sports exercise we always had 30-45min session in the weights room. Our trainer noted the max rep. A friend of mine was 15 and benched 185lbs the first time we tried it. It was a bench press machine, but still

I played against some of the strongest handball players in europe from age 14-16. You have no idea what kind of genetic freaks are roaming the gyms of this world. 14-15 year old boys look like grown men. Once there were broad as fuck 6'6 twins in one team we played against, absolutely unstoppable. They looked like a different race. Both balding though, they were 16 I think
>>
>>39212093
True that.
Just started lifting, paid a PT to teach me form in the four lifts I want to do as well as how to lift safely. Those sessions gave me confidence and I don't feel self conscious when I'm doing my babby deadlifts
>>
>>39211797
When i was you younger, maybe 17 years old, i started to go to a gym with a friend. We were both spooky skeletons.

>mfw a fat guy asked his friend, why are we even allowed at this gym
>>
>>39210570
My sides
>>
>>39215382
> converting pounds into pounds

U wot m8
>>
File: squat roll.jpg (15KB, 473x311px) Image search: [Google]
squat roll.jpg
15KB, 473x311px
I was OHP in a power rack when this dyel first-dayer came over to me. He asked if he could use the barbell foam roll near my rack for his squats.
I said "the pussy pad? Yeah sure mate" and reached down, picked it up and gave it to him.
He was visibly shocked at what I said and walked off.

Didn't realise what I had said until 10 mins later. I have just always called that thing a pussy pad.
>>
>>39210546

>85lb bench on day 1
>not even bad
>not
>even
>bad

maybe for someone who spent the first 20 years of their life as a vegetable
even if you are completely untrained, you should be able to bench 50kg+ for reps as a man, probably 60kg+ for 1 rep
>>
>>39212405
>Broly
>Alternate names: Broly
>>
>>39216243
When i did squats the first time, i tried it with a pussy pad.

I had absolutely no control of the weight and almost dropped the barbell. I never used it again and i don't understand why people are using it.
>>
>>39216271

>squat
>no control of the weight

it's not supposed to move, what do you want to control you retard?

it's called pussy pad because only pussies with no muscles in their neck have to use it
>>
>>39212093
Gotta agree with this. Started off as a fat wow nerd sweating and turning red on the Machines and the weights. It went against my personality completely to be that willing to put myself out there

I'm legit one of the most attractive people in my gym now, I can't even believe it when I think back on it. Feels so fucking good man.
>>
>>39216294
The pad was so slippy.
>>
>>39216305

you can take the fat nerd out of wow, but you can't take the nerd out of the fat
>>
>>39216310

probably from all the pussy juice
>>
>See a beginner squatting one plate
>Ask to work in
>OHP it for a set of 5
>Turn 360 and walk away
>>
>>39210534
I did this to a pajeet once and the poor guy gave me such a pathetic look. Then I covered up by saying I remember my first time at the gym and I lifted even lighter than you. He goes this isn't my first time.

Well after a few more awkward moments I became good pals with him. He even set me up with this Korean chick from his masters course.
>>
>>39216312
That's some deep shit anon
>>
>>39210534
Yeah, that's a dickmove. Never bully someone who goes to the gym. At least they try to better themselves.

Also

>iPad

HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>39211797
Definitely not.

Gym advice is more common than gym bullying.
I'm actually upset I'm not longer in the DYEL stage because guys stopped giving form advice to unsolicited. I suppose they assume it would be patronising or I know what I'm doing.

I don't know what I'm doing.
>>
>>39216249
> I can lift heavy after training
> everyone else should lift heavy with no traininh
>>
>>39216249
>it is beyond my comprehension capacity to conceive that someone might not be very strong

isn't this the literal definition of autism?
>>
>>39210546
This, I started out twink mode, and I get nervous when there are cuties all around me and I'm straining to get 10 reps with 2 55lb dumbbells. I usually go to 8 or fail.

I'll make it someday. Bright side is I'm 130 5'9 low bodyfat, so I can only go up.
>>
>>39211797
I go to the gym for myself, not others. I had people help hype me for shit like ohp and deads all the time. People love watching you grow from a twig to an oak in the years you go there, because they see your progress and use it to motivate themselves.
>>
>>39210534

This is why I haven't moved from weight machines to free weights yet. Only been going for a month or so, but I hate the idea of having to interact with other people there
>>
>>39216515

I specifically wrote untrained you illiterate autist

there are certain values for a non sedentary but untrained adult man and one of them is to be able to bench around 50kg unless he is some kind of turbo manlet

personally I did 1 plate for reps on my first try, but I am quite tall anyway so obviously my basic lifting ability was even higher
>>
>>39216580

>5'9
>I can only go up

only in fat % though, manlet
>>
>>39216499
>iPad
It's actually a Manlet with an iPhone.
>>
>>39210534
I've heard people make fun of me, but I don't care. I'm in a loving relationship and I don't need shit from any strangers. I already know most people suck and I get judged everyday, nothing new. I'm going to get buff at my own pace.
>>
>>39216864
Why is it 50kg?

Why not 47.5kg?

Just because a number is round, pretty and easy to use doesn't make it less arbitrary.
>>
>>39210600
I benched 105kg for 8 reps day one.
>>
>>39216864
>>39217687

Bullshit. I really did, but I am a farm boy so perhaps I dont count as untrained
>>
>>39213958
>finish workout in 1 hour
dyel confirmed.
>>
>>39216580
> I'm 130 5'9 low bodyfat
Thats pretty low actually. I think the max for your height in weight is about 185-190. Thats all muscle though, so slowly go towards that. That will be about the limit without roids.
>>39216869
enjoy your chicken legs lanklet.
>>
File: KfucOsR.png (783KB, 802x523px) Image search: [Google]
KfucOsR.png
783KB, 802x523px
>>39216294
The bar isn't supposed to be on your neck, but on your back.
>>
File: 1476226119354.png (13KB, 418x359px) Image search: [Google]
1476226119354.png
13KB, 418x359px
>first day of lifting
>want me to leave the 1pl8 on
>n-n-n-no take them off
>only do the bar

I remember when 1pl8's were so heavy I couldn't even lift them, now I can put them on the squat bar with one hand. Now my bench is 255
>>
>>39217792
Post your picture big man.
>>
>>39210546
Pretty much this. I did 90lb on my first day and could've easily done more. It's better to start with less and let your motor skills catch up with your strength.
>>
File: car-wreck-one.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
car-wreck-one.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
>>39210534
>I meant no offense.

but still a dick to a stranger

I hope you get into a fender-bender on the way to work tomorrow that's really inconvenient for you - a couple days of missed work, lots of calls to the insurance company

so many people post here that they're afraid to go to the gym because they're concerned people like you will mock them and every reply is "no one gives a shit what you do in the gym" - well, maybe you should be less of an asshole
>>
>>39210534
Does anyone have the post that led this guy getting banned from his gym and crying about it?

>it was just a prank man and now im banned
>>
>>39218360
Baw c'mon, dude. OP said it was a mistake. If you think you can do better than him then do it without bitching about it.
>>
File: 3fc.jpg (318KB, 701x1580px) Image search: [Google]
3fc.jpg
318KB, 701x1580px
>>39218376
>>39218376

HERE WE GO
>>
File: meichrose.png (185KB, 255x363px) Image search: [Google]
meichrose.png
185KB, 255x363px
>>39218403
ipad to gym
>>
>>39216249
>autism
>>
>>39216580
You don't need to use 55lb dumbbells if you starting out, drop to your comfort zone, do a lot of reps, and work your way up there, unless you want 0 gains and 0 progress
>>
>>39218401
>OP said it was a mistake

OP didn't say it was a mistake - just that he was sorry for chortling at the guy

and that's why he deserves to have to deal with a really inconvenient minor no injury car accident
>>
>>39216515
If you did anything around your home and are over 20, you should be able to bench at least 40-50 kilos the first time you entered the gym.
Didn't you guys have any physical education classes? Didn't you help your dad with stuff? wtf
>>
>>39216249
>insecure, the post
>>
>>39212730
Cringe
>>
>doing warmups for my squats, so ramping up weight
>taking off the 15kg plates so I can put on the 20s
>some chubby indian guy starts adjusting the rack
>tell him I'm not done with it yet
>he gets super apologetic
>sees me with now 60kg total and starts telling me how I must be really strong to lift so much weight
>go full autist mode because i can't take the compliment and I can't refute it without looking like a dick
>he curls next to be as I keep ramping up to 2plate
>avoids eye contact, never see him again
>>
>>39218360
Who misses multiple days of work? My car told me an unfunny knock knock joke, I still made it in 2 hrs late then my friend drove an hour out of his way to drop me off the next day
>>
>>39218244
>The struggle that was 1pl8 a few years ago
>Now barely a part of my warm up
>>
>>39216249
A-and what if I DID spend the first 20 years of my life as a vegetable?
>>
>>39218573
he was probably trying to laugh at you in his downie-indian way, you did good
>>
>>39216326
>OHP 1 pl8 for 5
Is this supposed to be impressive? I do standing MP 2 pl8 for 5 and literally noone says anything at my gym.
>>
>>39218680
I don't think he was, he said that he can only do 10 on each side, and asked me how long I'd been lifting. He said he'd just started.
>>
>>39218403
lmao people are such crybabies

the pic was hillarious as fuck
>>
>>39210534
One time a guy asked me to spot him on 185lbs bench. I was trying to hype him up like I do my brotege telling him stuff like
>This is nothing!
>Pussy weight, bro!
>Fucking one more rep!

And all he said when he was done was "Maybe for you" under his breath
>>
>>39210546
>tfw started out benching 55lbs
>struggled like a motherfucker

Thank god my dad had a home gym.
>>
File: 1443326805353.jpg (13KB, 570x284px) Image search: [Google]
1443326805353.jpg
13KB, 570x284px
>>39217707
>Bullshit
>I really did

ayylmao
>>
File: killme.jpg (68KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
killme.jpg
68KB, 633x758px
>>39219356
this is me but I can already squat over 1pl8
when do I get a respectable bench pls how long does it take
>>
>>39218403

>wahh I can't live in mommie's basement anymore

I know it's bad to think hateful things but lord I hope this guy gets what's coming to him
>>
>>39219056

That's not very nice anon.

Hyping people up is fine, but 'pussy weight' implies that the dude is weak, I mean, pretty clearly.

It would be one thing if the guy was pushing 3pl8, but he was pushing 185 and you call it pussy weight? cmon

It's like I hook up with this girl that weighs 95 LBS @ 5'10" and I call her fat cunt all the time, and it's funny.

But if a girl was actually fat I wouldn't call her that
>>
>>39219056
fuck that autist
>>
File: h7j0TJG.png (105KB, 672x814px) Image search: [Google]
h7j0TJG.png
105KB, 672x814px
>>39210534
What was this guys name? Benjamin something?
>>
i'm the strongest guy at the gym i go to, every small asian fucker tries to lift heavy when i do, i see them struggling and miring me. idgaf anymore because when i go to a real wl gym i am average

it's weird it's always the smallest dudes that doesnt talk to me, all the big guys acknowledge that im strong as fuck
>>
Deadlift battles.

I have probs caused 5 kids to break their lower backs because they wanted to outlift / impress me somehow.

Today about 3 hours ago:

>did lmao5plt for triples
>some skinnyfat with glasses comes diddylift next to me
>works up to lmao3plt and doesnt even touch the ground with weights
>loads up lmao4plt
>does 30second rep with most arched cat back ive ever seen
>almost faints after this cat rep

Feels bad that these kids can't leave their ego out of gym but I realized I was the same during first years of lifting. Form > weights

Also share your deadlift battles anons
>>
File: radiohead.jpg (34KB, 864x739px) Image search: [Google]
radiohead.jpg
34KB, 864x739px
>move to new area, looking for new gym
>planet fitness / anytime / basic shit everywhere
>find a world gym fuck yes
>go in for the first time, metal blasting, big dudes working hard everywhere
>everything is packed except one guy benching solo
>ask him if i can work in with him, he says sure
>guy is a little smaller than me, i warm up 10 reps with a weight he just struggled to get 5 on
>spot him on his next set and have to help him up on the 4th
>put more weight on and hit 10 again
>he makes some excuse and leaves
wasn't trying to bully man just wanted to lift
>>
>>39219451
Benedict Cumberbatch
>>
>>39219485

I have the opposite problem.

>walk into gym on deadlift day
>see guys doing deadlift with 3-4 pl8
>have to wait til they move on before I start because I don't want to look like I'm trying to show off
>>
>>39210534
It happens bro, we've all been autistic. If you see him again just apologize and move on. We need to encourage more people to get fit.
>>
>>39219696
Why? So we look less impressive and attractive to society when more people get fit? Everyone in that room is your enemy.
>>
>>39216599
Holy shit this, altough its really discouraging to see a DYEL come here litterally every day and see no progress whatsoever.
>>
>>39219748

Bait? There is someone this insecure that has this much problems with women?
>>
>>39210546
you guys make me feel better about my life. I started off at 135
>>
>>39218488
>Didn't you help your dad with stuff? wtf

Help with what?
>>
>at gym being the big guy on the block as usual
>some disgusting old man comes into gym
>uses a bunch of shit, then just walks away without cleaning anything
>go after him
>tell him he's gotta clean up all that shit he was using
>starts blustering and swearing at me
>says I'm not his daddy
>walks back and cleans up his mess like the bitch he is
>leaves gym immediately after
>guess I was his daddy after all
>>
>>39210534
To be fair you look like a fucking idiot.
>>
File: 1471635493528.jpg (1MB, 1151x1563px) Image search: [Google]
1471635493528.jpg
1MB, 1151x1563px
>>39220218
Porkin' your mom shoobie
>>
>>39218360
Youre a fucking monster.
>>
>>39211797
The trick is not caring.

I threw up on my first day at the gym, figured that I won't be able to top that so why even care what others think at this point.

Lot of older people at my gym, don't feel judged, do notice lots of glances though.
>>
>>39219356
Holy shit this
I couldn't bench shit starting out, and didn't have nearly enough confidence to go to a gym with people
Home gyms are based for beginners
>>
>>39219405
stop struggling with your legs and focus on your arms and chest and back.

work your triceps a lot, work your delts, work your lats and do a lot of chest work (flys, db bench, inclines) and you bench will start to marginally improve.

I'm in the same boat as you anon
Thread posts: 117
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.