[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here ever had to quit drugs or lose friends in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: ziolo.jpg (338KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
ziolo.jpg
338KB, 480x640px
Has anyone here ever had to quit drugs or lose friends in order to make it? If so how do you deal with the temptation and stop cold turkey.
>>
>>39208103
If your friends don't want to hang out with you when you're not on drugs, then they're not worth hanging out with.
>>
>>39208103
Had to quit speed and coke a few years back. Was getting to the point where I didn't have any money for other things despite working 50+ hours a week.

For me I dealt with the temptation by keeping by the money that would have been spent on the drugs and putting it into a box under my bed.

Whenever I got really tempted and thought about going into the box to get some money out, I'd remind myself to count through the money and think of what I can buy instead. Useful things or things that would bring me enjoyment in the long term... Then if I wanted to I'd take some of the money and go buy something cool.

One time it an expensive pair of shoes that I usually wouldn't have the money for. Another time it was a new bar for my home gym since I let the other one rust by accident. Other times it was just surprise gifts for the girlfriend like a random bracelet that looked cool or movie tickets etc.

Lasted about 6 months before I realized I had completely quit and only had one slip up within the first week before I came up with the box idea.
>>
>>39208103
what kind of drugs?

if pot, just have some willpower

if you're doing like meth or something, stop
>>
I do drugs. My friends do drugs. I lift. I'm pretty fit, we take acid and climb mountains and club and shit. I need to quit drinking tho, empty calories destroying my abs every weekend
>>
>>39208281
Weed, Alcohol, very rarely occasional LSD and Coke
>>
>>39208206
this is a pretty cool idea.
>>
>>39208434
How the fuck can you climb mountains on acid?

I couldn't even find my front door to leave the house on acid. I literally just kept throwing the contents of my fridge out of the window thinking someone would be appreciative and open the door for me.
>>
>>39208103
I asked myself "what would my life be like if I had never touched drugs?"

I saw a life in which I achieved rather than quitting half way because I got stoned and fucked my shit up by going on a drug binge OVER AND OVER every months.

I'm clean now and I don't miss it at all, I'm annoyed I wasted so many years doing drugs to numb myself rather than fixing my shit.

Any drug that makes you feel "good" when everything is going to shit is DANGEROUS, the last thing you need to do when things are going to shit is bury your head in the sand. You don't get out of a hole by going deeper. Even now it angers me when I think about how different my life would of been if I hadn't of touched drugs, I actually started to reach my goals too since stopping.
>>
I was /fit/ as fuck, but then I got a tad lazy in the gym, weed got a hold of me and my friends.
I was a smoke-weed-everyday stoner (5-6g a day by the end) for an entire year and a half. Eventually I started seeing and hearing shit. Didn't think much of it. My health started declining, I was drinking a lot on top of smoking weed because I'd hang out with dealers and shit.
One day I was feeling particularly bad in the my stomach and then I just straight passed out. Decided to fix my shit, drop all these "friends" and get back on top of my game
>>
>>39208480
you either took a shit ton of acid, or you've never taken acid
>>
>>39208484
>Any drug that makes you feel "good" when everything is going to shit is dangerous..

So much this, this must be why some people get hooked and some don't. I smoke pot 1 or 2 times a year. Every christmas we gather the old gang, have some great snacks and watch some good film and just enjoy some dank weed together- some of the best moments of the year, but the weed only makes a good moment a little bit better.
>>
File: 1471294726540.jpg (284KB, 780x2340px) Image search: [Google]
1471294726540.jpg
284KB, 780x2340px
>>39208103
>quit drugs or lose friends
>quit drugs
>lose friends
>>
A lot of people are unable to moderate themselves, including me. However, everyone has something that they CAN moderate.

I used to do heavy opiate painkillers. Anything I could get my hands on. Eventually had to quit.

I spent the next few weeks drinking alcohol to cope with my lack of opiates. Here's the thing though, being drunk was just okay, and I woke up feeling so bad every day that I easily stayed away from any addiction with it. Used it to get through withdrawals, then cut down to once a week. Now I'll drink maybe once a month and my max is around six drinks as anything more and I'll wake up horribly.

On top of alcohol I have weed, man. Only smoke once every few months if that, simply because I have too much good going on to even necessitate it.

My point in all of my ramblings is this - everyone has a crutch. Don't do your crutch. Do something fun as long as it doesn't control you, but you have to find out what that is.
>>
>>39208624
Truth. It's better to be in control of 3 or 4 different things that help you cope. Rather than being dependent on just 1 thing that you can't cope without.
>>
>>39208103
meh I drink/smoke once a week and I'm doing fine, great actually. I'm studying physics at a top uni and I run my own software business
>>
>>39208150
/thread.

story time.

>be me 16 in hsc
>decent grades, doing swimming and boxing
>lean physique. metalhead weird as fuck kid
>no gf, face full of pimples and shit
>start hanging with stoner bros since they can cope with my angsty shit
>always asking for a few bucks or to crash at home
>have my first sexual experience with a hippie chick in a dirty van after a concert
>start hanging more with them and stop swimming and boxing.
>more drugs
>weeks pass, then a few months.
>17th birthday, my dog passes, huge family drama
>loved that dog, no one seems to care at home
>dad loses job next week. Everyone needs to blame someone (me)
>huge argument, my sister's bf tries to lecture me on being a good son
>kicked his ass.
>dad tells me to gtfo
>scape home and ask friends for a few bucks to take a bus to my gramps house in nevada
>not one single friend is available.
>not even one, hippie chick ignores me
>had to come back home and pretend i was at a friends home to save some face from family.
>actually spend that night and the next sleeping in the park.

eventually things got better, got a job, moved to ny for school, leave those faggots behind and started boxing again, people on drugs are not bad they just can't cope with their shitty lives and they can drag you too.

Since then i have hardly had any liquor or pretty much anything bad for me, not even cigs.
>>
>>39208665
I'm in university as well but I feel that pot has made me super un motivated. I put very little effort into studying/doing assignments. I feel like I'm wasting my life.
>>
>>39208103
I was a hardcore alcoholic. I drank 2 minutes after waking up and was getting about 15 shots and 4 beers every day at 130lbs with 500 calories of food a day. This went on for 2.5 years. Had to quit last summer or I was gonna fucking die. I dealt with temptation by talking to a friend who had been sober for 6 years and having them bring me to their AA meetings. Didn't detox or rehab or anything, just tapered down for 1 week and then quit cold turkey. I always thought AA was christian bullshit, but it really helped me turn my life around.
>>
weed is fine and honestly less harmful overall than beer or alcohol. If you're taking harder drugs like coke or meth then you should stop just out of respect for your body.

no one under the age of 30 really gives a shit about weed from my experience
>>
>>39208688
Well then stop smoking you idiot because you ARE wasting your life. If you're such a huge fucking pussy that pot actually affects your normal life you have no business messing with it in the first place.

>fkn low IQ people man
>>
i'm a phd student in math and smoke weed just about every day. It just feels "right" to me, honestly when I started smoking it was just like something clicked in me that I'd been looking for my whole life.

I don't see it as a crutch as much as it's just part of who I am. I'm hoping it will be legalized in my state soon, as I can't move due to grad school and can't stand feeling "stigmatized" since I smoke.

It hasn't affected my motivation, but I feel so much more creative and inspired when smoking. It's like everything else is just gray and drab by comparison. I also have a chronic autoimmune disease (ulcerative colitis) which causes pretty bad stomach pain, cramps, nausea and a lack of appetite. Weed gives me my appetite back and takes away a lot of the unpleasant feelings

tl;dr weed is fucking great
>>
>>39208150
This

I lost all of them when I quit alcohol and drugs.
>>
>>39208103
Yes. And when you do you'll realize yoyr relationship with these people revolved around the substance not each other.

It requires drive and discipline, but if you want to make it and surround yourself with good people it's a sacrifice you'll have to make. It's also part of growing up and being an adult.
>>
>>39208103
Hello friends, here to give u wat worked for me : I had this awfull trip (not a bad trip) , you know a bit like soy sauce trips, it was with psychedelics, So i felt like shit for a few day and understood all that was wrong with my life, After a few feel like shit this is what I did : I got rid of my gf, our relation was shit, I got a bit distant with my stoner friends, the I reprogramed myslef, new nutrition, Great spring cleaning, stopped drugs and Started to work out, while doing sport in a club, Today I feel great, It was hard at first because of the fear or failing, but eventually I saw progress, and i'm in a pretty different lifestyle that work in every corners of my life , here is the thing, you don't have to get rid of your friends, you have to get rid of bad habbits, you don't have to be strong, you just have to be brave, Pack your shit together. Fix them, eventually you'll notice that there is plenty of things you could like in life , you doesn't even have to stop drugs ! Just stop the bad habbits you have with them, don't be afraid to lose a life that make you suffer, you can adapt really easy, as a human. Just do it, fix your shit, don't let your dreams be dream
>>
>>39208684
This was a shit story I'm annoyed I read the entire thing
>>
>>39208784
also I lift 4x a week and can squat 450lbs. Just because some people can't handle weed and let it overcome them doesn't mean its bad. If you have a modicum of maturity it can be great
>>
>>39208795
Yeah you sound like someone whose brain has been fried by drugs, fuckin kek
>>
Hey guys, this isn't necessarily related to fitness but I thought I'd ask here anyway:

I have a calculus test tomorrow that I'm probably going to fail if I don't study all night tonight, and my friend offered me Adderall. Should I take it? I've never done any drugs/drank before and I don't want this to start any downward slope in my life but is there anyone here that's taken it that can tell me their experience with it? Thanks.
>>
>>39208813
Take the test, fail and retake the course if you have to. It sucks but at least then you've learned your lesson
>>
>>39208813
You don't need adderall you weak fuck. Just drink some coffee and learn your maths you faggot.
>>
>>39208795
So after all that shit you said "you don't even need to stop drugs just stop your bad habits"

Sounds like an addict in denile to me.
>>
>>39208811
I guess we can say dat, but nobody can know it IRL now ;)
>>
File: 1468571556347.jpg (50KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
1468571556347.jpg
50KB, 640x428px
>>39208480
>>
>>39208684
it sounded like you needed that and it helped you

because you were an asshole
>>
>>39208896
I've seen so many people that failed at stoppinf because they were afraid of failing .... I mean yeah , you don't have to stop drugs. Respect yourself, don't stop bettering yourself only because you made the mistake on smoking one joint at a party :)
>>
>>39208802
thats because it is a real story and not a fake greentext meme shit
i liked it
>>
>>39208480
The more often you trip the better you get at it. Don't do it more than once a month though don't want to go crazy
>>
>>39208441
>addicted to lsd
wut
>>
>>39208984
>he doesn't follow his own advice.
>is already insane just trying to get more on board
>>
You know, I've found that I don't even desire weed or booze that much. I don't really enjoy the feelings of drunk or high. What keeps me coming back is the feeling of being completely smashed to oblivion. The drug doesn't matter, being insensate does.
>>
Everytime you want to hit a plug up, transfer that cash amount to a savings account. After a few days it's easy and after a few weeks you feel rich.
>>
>>39208992
I know a dude who was doing up to a strip a day. Def a psychological addiction. I mean you can get addicted to gambling. He used to do tricks outside the dining halls at college for food. Rode a unicycle. Couldn't hold a conversation at all.
>>
>>39208480
I rock climb and do MMA on acid lol. Personally I'm convinced it makes you a better athlete.
>>
>>39208103
my brother is a meth addict and it destroyed his entire life. he's currently living under a bridge somewhere with an arrest warrant out for him.

as a result i live my life fairly straight edge. I'm not scared of taking drugs, or beating the shit out of drug addicts, but I need to succeed in life as the younger son.

I want to make it so my parents don't doubt themselves in raising us.
It wasn't their fault that he became an addict, but that's what he always used to tell them.

I just need to prove him wrong
>>
>>39209156
Heavy burden to bear, anon. Good luck.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.