[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sorry to burst your bubble guys but im basically a million times

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 9

File: big z.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
big z.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
sorry to burst your bubble guys but im basically a million times more qualified than you to talk about this, currently doing my honours year in physiology focusing on the obesity epidemic.

A million different environmental perturbations as a result of being raised in a western country have led to the obesity epidemic. The fact is these people who grow up with fat parents, bad genetics, exposed to excess hormone disruptors or even have stints where they gain weight have a long term increased propensity to gain weight.

As well as the fact that the body fights to maintain adposticity at a set point (by altering thermogenesis, metabolic rate, motivation to exercise etc) that is further pushed up every time you gain weight, a survival mechanism that was probably useful a few thousand years ago (look up lipostat theory).

Most importantly people who are exposed to suboptimal nutritional environments at a young age (excess fat and calories) have fundamental differences in how their brain perceives energy signals from the body as well the inherent wiring of the brain.

over 95% of lifestyle interventions (exercise and diet) fail over a 2 year period, most people will end up the same weight if not heavier due to your body establishing a new set point that it perceives as your normal body weight that last years after weight loss. The only effective long term weight loss therapy is bariatric surgery,

lol @ "energy in energy out"
>>
>>39205185
Fact: Eating less will make you lose weight regardless of MUH EXCUSES.
Fact: OP is a faggot.
>>
>>39205185
obesity is a disease. a mental one. all fatties should be put in mental wards with rooms that have no furniture and treadmill ground.
>>
>>39205185
kill yourself you fucking failure
>>
>>39205189
lol if you increase your energy expenditure "muh exercise" your body has a million different compensation mechanisms to decrease your energy expenditure in other ways and increase energy intake. you're fighting against your physiology which just isn't sustainable long term.
>>
>>39205189
same goes for eating less --> body compensates you stupid fuck
>>
>>39205185
>over 95% of lifestyle interventions (exercise and diet) fail over a 2 year period, most people will end up the same weight if not heavier due to your body establishing a new set point that it perceives as your normal body weight that last years after weight loss. The only effective long term weight loss therapy is bariatric surgery,
Guys, did you hear that? Constant dieting will lower your setpoint futher and further. If you just do it long enough, your setpoint will basically be at 0kcal and you'll still be bulkan. No more overating for moi. Ty based Op <3
>>
>>39205190
i'd agree with that there is a strong mental component of obesity, similar to depression.
>>
> 95% of diets fail meme.

If you excluded all the juice toxin meme diets and other crash diets that were in no way sustainable, that number drops.
>>
>>39205217
>>39205229
i don't doubt either of those are true but you can overcome those mechanisms, otherwise i wouldn't have lost 100 pounds and kept it off for all these years.
>>
>>39205185
>over 95% of lifestyle interventions (exercise and diet) fail over a 2 year period
Woah, diets fail once you don't keep them up. Sick stats there OP
>>
File: pissing-in-the-wind-975x1024.jpg (84KB, 634x688px) Image search: [Google]
pissing-in-the-wind-975x1024.jpg
84KB, 634x688px
>OP
>>
>>39205246
trust me man it is true you are lucky that your body was able to re-gauge, which was probably determined by catching it early enough or just genetics. Most people have a very hard time keeping it off long term. This is the current scientific consensus from highly controlled lifestyle interventions as well as animal studies verifying compensatory mechanisms.
>>
>>39205246
what age were you when you lost all the weight?
>>
>>39205185
>lol @ "energy in energy out"
> fat parents
Energy in.
>bad genetics
Energy out.
>exposed to excess hormone disruptors
Energy out.
>have stints where they gain weight
Energy in.
>a long term increased propensity to gain weight
Energy in & out.
> altering thermogenesis
Energy out.
>metabolic rate
Energy in.
>motivation to exercise
Energy out.
>a survival mechanism that was probably useful a few thousand years ago (look up lipostat theory)
But no longer is, so your dying a virgin at 40 is nothing more than just plain old evolution.
>>
>>39205324
shit mane i obviously meant that it's not as simple as eating less and exercising more.

Someone please come up with a legitimate argument that isn't relying on picking out my borderline dyslexia or taking points out of their obvious intended meaning.
>>
>>39205348
>shit mane i obviously meant that it's not as simple as eating less and exercising more.
It is that simple. All of your reasons fall under "energy in energy out". None of them make it any more complex, only harder to stick to. You even directly support it through:
>the fact that the body fights to maintain adposticity at a set point
>your body establishing a new set point that it perceives as your normal body weight that last years after weight loss
Building an ICBM is complex. Losing weight is simple, but hard.
>over 95% of lifestyle interventions (exercise and diet) fail over a 2 year period
Is a statement of difficulty, not complexity.

The problem doesn't lie in the solution, as it works splendidly for the 5% who have the motivation to stick to it. The problem lies in the 95% without the mental fortitude to see it through to the end. Even surgery(lipo, gastric band) do not produce reliable results as they do not address the root cause of the problem. It's a reliable solution, as is just eating less and exercising, but the results are just as unreliable as the fatties' willpower.
>>
>Calories in, calories out
>Implying the human body is heated water in a controlled lab setting
>>
>>39205392
What is the human body mostly made from
>>
I don't trust biological science anymore. I'm tired of the discovery channel telling me that there are hundreds of genders but only one race. Obesity might be a disease but the cure has been known since before human history began. If you can't make the changes you need to you're a fucking failure and I don't care how many obstacles were in your way.

OP's whole thing is analogous to heroin addiction. That shit changes the way your body works, alters the chemicals in your brain, has an astronomical rate of relapse, is caused by genetic and environmental factors, etc etc etc... But it people overcome it every day.

Same thing with obesity. Take control of your fucking life and make some changes. Do what you have to do. I don't give a fuck how many excuses some associates degree nutritionist gave you. Shove them up your ass and get on a treadmill.
>>
>>39205396
water in a controlled lab setting
>>
>>39205433
Calorie is the energy required to heat water
Human body is made if water
>hurr durr thermodynamics dont apply to the human body
>>
>>39205443
The body is more complicated than heated water in a controlled lab setting, that's all I said faggot.
>>
>>39205387
Yes it's true that if everyone has the capacity to increase there energy expenditure so that their body is in negative energy balance, but when you're fighting against relentless food craving that elicit similar effects in the brain as drugs of reward to maintain homeostasis, chronic decreases in basal energy expenditure and decreased motivation to even move, for the severely obese, let alone exercise make it hard to suggest that just pushing through it is a valid option for the average joe who doesn't have 6 hours a day to sperge out at the gym.

>Building an ICBM is complex. Losing weight is simple, but hard.
yes you're right there but once again i was never really arguing that weight loss was complex, i was arguing the pathogenesis of obesity is complex and multifactorial which effects many other systems than just your body weight. For these reasons if we want to take a population wide strategy to tackle the obesity epidemic exercise and diet is not an effective solution.

Although you guys are right that you determine your life, not your biology and humans do have the capacity to overcome most things.

I think it's important to also have a sympathetic outlook especially for people who weren't fortunate enough to have a decent environment growing up. in some but not all people kicking obesity is just as hard as kicking depression.
>>
>>39205387
oh wait i just realised i was arguing that it was simple unknowingly. lol.
>>
>>39205542
>exercise and diet is not an effective solution.

So what is?
>>
>>39205542
> For these reasons if we want to take a population wide strategy to tackle the obesity epidemic
You're being ridiculous. Do you honestly believe a single person here is trying to conceive a national policy on handling the obesity epidemic? No, you fucking don't, and you're conflating the issue at hand in order for your arguments to have a leg to stand on. It's a very dishonest rhetorical strategy. If a person asks for advice, and that's the only fucking thing which happens here, not discussions on national fucking policy. Then he gets advice. On an individual level, not as part of a national policy. The only advice to be given is eat less and/or exercise more. It is that simple and from thereon in the results are entirely dependent on that person's dedication.

>but when you're fighting against relentless food craving that elicit similar effects in the brain as drugs of reward to maintain homeostasis
You've plenty of fit former fatties on here. As well as people who are built like a brick shithouse after having been normal weight, or skeletons 10-20kg below a normal weight for their height. Overcoming your appetite is something everyone has to do if they want to change the way their body looks, either dealing with it being too small or too great. And it's an extremely simple thing. If it's too small, you eat more than you want to. Too great and you eat less. This is something everyone has to deal with, and your results are a result of your strength of mind alone.
>>
>>39205622
It isn't even a matter of overcoming appetite. Most people can drop down to a healthy BMI simply by eating more satiating and less calorically dense foods.
>>
>national policy on handling the obesity epidemic?
lol i'm obviously not giving advice i'm just providing context to the obesity epidemic, which most people don't understand because they haven't been educated in it.

All i'm doing is arguing against the dogma of this board that fat people are disgusting slobs who are only fat because they can't put down the fork. I didn't realise i was giving anyone personalised advice.

>Overcoming your appetite is something everyone has to do
shut the fuck up you idiot not everyone deals with this to the same extent.

yeah sure everything comes down to will power, but frankly i find it pretty silly to think that every possible obstacle can be obliterated. Its good to have perspective you mongaloid.
>>
>>39205791
That too. Fibers and protein do a great job filling you compared to pure carbs.
>>
>>39205791
yep eating foods with a heap of volume can help with appetite but not to a huge extent. Some sort of pharmaceutical will probably be the solution.
>>
>>39205542
i'll admit the tittle of this thread is a little drastic lol
>>
>>39205821
>not to a huge extent
How many obese people eat a mainly plant-based diet?
>>
>>39205821
>Some sort of pharmaceutical

What a shock! The medical industry recommends pills. I guess if that doesn't work people need expensive and dangerous surgeries right?
>>
>>39205838
not really sure, i just think that this would be a very effective option if combined with an appetite suppressant. People who have experience with living off very high calorie and very palatable foods would find it very hard to stick to overall.

But hey if i was giving personalised advice i'd say yeah great idea if you can do it.
>>
>>39205185
My gym to was 325 lbs in 2013 (when he was 22). He's now 25 and at 186 lbs, losing 125 lbs in 10 months through diet and walking.

He was one of those classic chubby-all-your-life kids, I've known him since 5th grade.

You may call this anecdotal evidence, and it is, but I call it proof that a radical lifestyle change can be done if you aren't a weak willed cunt.
>>
>>39205901
300lbs to 185 from 20-22
Fat all my life aswell
OP is full of shit
>>
OP, where are your sources?
>>
So educated you're an idiot
>>
File: pepe-angry.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-angry.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
>>39205821
>>39205821

>Some sort of pharmaceutical will probably be the solution.

pharma-shill git out!!!!1
>>
>>39205901
>>39205915
catching it in your early 20s and adolescents is quite different that someone in their 30s or older. Your set point is much more malleable. But hey guys all the stuff i'm talking about is from clinical research not from individual cases so i'm only talking in generalisations.
>>
>>39205938
Clinical research funded by whom?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-10-25-09-44-36.png (500KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-10-25-09-44-36.png
500KB, 1080x1920px
Gg.
>>
>>39205918
this is just stuff i've picked up over the last year or so, ceebs with sauce sorry dog, it's pretty easy to find though.
>>
>>39205938
so bariatric surgery is the only effective solution to obesity?
>>
>>39205968
>>39205971
>>39205961
>>39205938
>>39205932
>>39205918

OP is clearly a shill, sage in all fields
>>
>>39205932
good luck reducing incidence and improving the quality of life of any modern chronic diseases without it.
>>
>>39205971
>this is just stuff i've picked up over the last year or so
Out of your fat ass I presume, get the fuck out and back to tumblr.
>>
>>39205987
we're actually different people, i just thought i may as well get in on it
>>
>>39205987
doesn't matter, there are persons who repeat what they read, so it's better to nip it in the bud before it's too late
>>
>>39205996
Yes, because nothing is less demanding than just devouring a small pill. Especially for a fatty.
>>
>>39206003
BMI of 18 confirmed skeleton
>>
>>39205185

Your degree and education...

Mean NOTHING.

Science and """studies"""...

Mean NOTHING.

Nothing has been discovered here, you have proved nothing and learned nothing. The things you take as "facts" are hyperbolic garbage. Your position is pure, unadulterated, rhetoric, with no grounding in reality.

>b-but its HARD to overcome your animal nature and become master of your soul!

Wow, good thing we have you around to enlighten us. Nobody else could figure out how three percent of the population controls the rest of the population. We totally didnt already have literally thousands of years of experience and wisdom on this topic

You are retarded, your head is full of garbage, you're spewing misinformed trash at people. The methods you rely on and the standards you appeal to are broken and a cancer to our society. Your net contribution to the world is negative and you are barely fit for manual labor. Please commit suicide using a clickbait article.
>>
>>39206034
lol, i'll bring you some tasty sauce brb
>>
>>39206049
post body
>>
File: image.jpg (888KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
888KB, 3264x2448px
>>39206065
Here I am
>>
>>39206034
NEET LIFE

ANY LIFT I WANT
STARTING STRENGTH 18WEEKS
6 SCOOPS A DAY
>>
>>39206081
ok but now not the uncompromising version
>>
>>39205938
Lmao
>>
File: 1477035171084.jpg (86KB, 680x730px) Image search: [Google]
1477035171084.jpg
86KB, 680x730px
this is now an aztec god thread
>>
>>39205185
>currently doing my honours year
So, you're an undergrad. Fuck off.

Also, what happened to Braddah Iz from your pic? How's he doing? Healthy, right?
>>
>>39205229
All those fatties in Auschwitz agree.
>>
>>39206133
awaken my masters
>>
>>39206133
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
>>
when you come back tell me

what are the effects of a bariatric surgery, apart from not lett more food go inside the stomach?
>>
>>39205185
Thanks OP. I made this thread.
>>39204617

You are way more knowledgeable than me. I was just repeating some stuff I read. I am in CS, not bio.
>>
>>39205185
Faggot the reason is that western civilization has made food cheap and abundant. Evolution hasn't adapted but it will one way or the other if all these obeasts keep dropping dead and developing the associated fertility problems.

Regarding fat Polynesians. Read about the workday of Hawaiians during the pre-western period. It was about 4 hours a day less than 6 days a week. Why? Were they lazy? No. It's often hot as fuck. This is why Chinese and Japanese labor was imported to Hawaii in the 19th century--they were easier to slavedrive.

Now 4 hours of work a day is gone, lounging time isn't, and 5,000 calories doesn't even impact your Native Hawaiian Pitybux... what do you think is the result?
>>
>>39206159
i gotta go to bed fellas i'll be back tomorrow around the same time with some high gi simple carb sauce
>>
>>39205844
Even if such a pill has some pretty gnarly side effects, it will be worth it for a lot of people. It just doesn't exist yet.
>>
>>39205185
Being fat is bad and the only thing to blame is the person who is fat. Youre full of excuses and a faggot.
>>
>>39205185
>over 95% of lifestyle interventions (exercise and diet) fail over a 2 year period,

The question you should be trying to answer is WHY do they fail.

It's not because of any of the bullshit you mentioned above.

It's because they are doing the wrong things. The wrong exercise. The wrong diets.

The problem is education. People just do not know how to diet or exercise correctly.

And yes, this is their own fault. The information is available to them if they research like most of us on /fit/ have... Saying it's not their fault because most people fail is like when you were back in highschool and you felt better if you weren't the only one who forgot to do their homework, or "at least someone did worse than me on the test".

Nah, bro. Other peoples failures don't take responsibility for your own.
>>
>>39205217
>and increase energy intake

Literally the only way to do that is to increase FOOD INTAKE.

Which is the persons own choice. kek
>>
>>39206193
Yeah, I agree. They're selling magic beans to fat idiots.
>>
>>39206202
you're not the sharpest tool in the shed are you mate
>>
>>39206216
9/10
OP is a skilled harvester of (You)s.
>>
>>39206195
The 95% of diets fail statistic itself is probably a cause of diet failure. There are too many excuses available to people which all more or less boil down to an attempt to deny the laws of thermodynamics.

Seriously, why do we have global warming? All these hamplanets who defy entropy should be plugged into the grid so we can shut down fossil fuel power plants.
>>
>>39206216
Your brain gets smart but your head gets dumb m8
>>
>>39206044

This

OP is a faggot and your credentials don't mean shit if your body is shit

Knowing how to apply the information you learned in school is important.

Ἰατρέ, θεράπευσον σεαυτόν
>>
>>39206193

it exists. it's called 2,4 Dinitrophenol. it's a pesticide and an explosive, and if you eat it, you lose weight at truly frightening rates. if you eat too much of it, or don't drink enough water, or go somewhere it's really hot, or eat too much, you die from overheating. you should only do it in winter with the air conditioning on full blast. when used with some common sense it actually doesn't pose any long or short term health risk and you wind up with over twice as many mitochondria as you started with that permanently increases your bodies metabolic rate and ATP production. its not illegal to have and eat. try some today.
>>
>>39206190
no you won't

now fuck off
>>
>>39206283

You are dramatically understating the risks involved with uncoupling drugs for the general population.
>>
>>39206273
He posted his body. He's a skeleton.
>>39206081
>>
>>39206283
what are cataracts?
>>
>>39206283
No thanks. I went outside on a sunny day while I was on antibiotics once and I almost died.
>>
>>39205185
You don't need a degree to understand the law of conservation of energy
>>
>>39206311

so?

>>39206317

a meme, only a small risk for malnourished women.
>>
God damn it fatty, just put down the doughnut you piece of fat fuck.
>>
File: dl09rDa.png (351KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
dl09rDa.png
351KB, 500x334px
>>39206352
>>
this new meme is terrible
>>
hey so an honours is basically undergrad + 1

thats really not that impressive, and definetly doesn't make you an authority on anything.

t b h it doesn't even qualify you to have an opinion.
>>
>>39206311
True. I love that things like this exist and that there is vast amounts of information out there for people like us to research and research for months while deciding whether to put it into our bodies.

And personally I have used it once before and enjoyed the reward. It wasn't enjoyable but the Scottish winters are extremely cold and windy so I just kept the windows open all day and night and I felt fine. Dropped down to 9ish%

I would never recommend it to anyone though. You don't know the mental capability of anyone you are talking to really. Even people you have known a long time... The right people will discover it. And the people who shouldn't discover it probably wont.

The masses need to be educated on the calories in vs calories out basics of dieting.

The general population don't even know how many calories they eat a day.. Nevermind how many they burn on an average day.. These things should be 2nd nature to work out roughly how many you have ate or burned in a given day... It should be as easy as estimating how much time has passed or how long something will take without a watch.

If we educate people from a young age on how to accurately estimate calories burned/intake then they are less likely to grow up fat. And are less likely to be tricked into bullshit diets that don't make any sense.. which are really what make people believe it's "impossible" because they have "tried dieting"
>>
well you heard him brahs former obese guy for 10 years time to pack up my bags and give up because OP (faggot) says its not my choice
>>
>>39206315

and a faggot

You know what else has millions of ways to compensate and adapt when you try to treat it?

Fucking cancer. Cancer can pull almost every dirty trick in the book. People usually don't just give up, roll over, and die when they're diagnosed. They undergo chemo. They get surgery. They fucking fight the physiology of the cancer until the bitter end.

>>39205217

This post is high faggotry. You might as well go around and tell cancer patients not to bother because they're just going to die anyway. Christ you're an asshole OP.
>>
>>39206391

>The masses need to be educated on the calories in vs calories out basics of dieting.

no, the masses need to be crushed by the iron fist of tyranny.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 800x642px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 800x642px
>>39206423
>tfw democracy was a mistake

Ikhyf bro
>>
>>39206455

i didn't always feel this way
>>
>>39206283
When I said a "pill even with gnarly side effects" I meant something that would be FDA approved and not be the equivalent of putting nitrous oxide in the fuel tank of a Prius.
>>
>>39206133
AWAKEN MY MASTERS
>>
>>39206490

anything a byurocracy full of old women and fags like the FDA approves is automatically going to be shit.

the fda is full of fat, mediocre, stupid people who are suspicious and angry at anyone who isn't fat, mediocre, and stupid. don't chain yourself to their systematized and cowardly standards.

there won't be any real advancement in these matters until the FDA is destroyed completely. only then will people be free to experiment with anything that might work, free of safety-belts. yes, people will get hurt, but that's the cost of science.

the FDA must be destroyed. we must either have total freedom, or achieve a totalitarian government which truly, truly, truly, does not care about our well-being or existence whatsoever. only then can we advance, both as a species, and as consumers of dietary supplements and medicines.
>>
File: IMG_0633.jpg (190KB, 1403x1408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0633.jpg
190KB, 1403x1408px
>>39206547
Wow, edgy.

How's senior year?
>>
>>39206547

the simple answer is "no".

the average person (yourself obvious included) is too stupid to be left to their own devices.

ontop of that when you kill yourself acidentally (and you will have no doubt) the remains of brood will likely attempt to sue "someone" because they wernt properly informed of the risks or whatever.

basically

if you want to see why things are regulated just look in the mirror at the mongoloid face that stares back at you.
>>
>>39205324
OP got fucking wrekt
/thread
>>
>>39206571

the problem i see here is people caring if someone kills themselves by being dumb.

which is why i recommend DNP to everyone who wants to lose weight. everyone. usually i tell them that it's just not allowed for prescription because the medical industry makes more money off of keeping people fat than curing their obesity.

i've used DNP twice, and am still alive.

the average person shouldn't be protected from things like this.

people trying to sue should just be shut down and kicked out of the courthouse, and given a caning.

things are regulated because people are cowardly, that's all there is to it.

>>39206566

i'm 33. everything i am saying is true and reasonable.

the reactions our society has to human problems only diverts the consequences while compounding the transgression.

we've chosen mediocrity in all things.

the only thing that i agree with >>39206571 on, is that people are too stupid to be left to their own devices. i agree, because they'll vote for regulations.

people shouldn't have a choice in these matters. >>39206571 wants to protect and preserve this sort of folly by preventing it from reaching it's natural conclusion, thus preventing the process of education.

the ancap meme is disingenuous, since i'm arguing for a a larger government that is both much more powerful and much less caring.

“Why is it that foolishness repeats itself with such monotonous precision?”
― God Emperor of Dune
>>
>>39205542
>6 hours a day to speed out at the gym is required to maintain a healthy weight

I was gleaming small bits of logic from your posts here and there then I saw this. Kill yourself please. You've outed yourself now
>>
>>39206633

> 33

hello career lower class worker.

is it difficult to find time to post between drinking yourself blind, beating your wife, and sexually interfering with your daughter?
>>
>>39206655

u just don't know what i do

also not an argument
>>
>>39206669

there is no counter argument

you've doubled-down on the retarded

> JUZ LET EM DYE IF DEY IS 2 DUMB 2 NOT DYE

i cant argue against this anymore than I can argue against a retarded child throwing his dinner at the wall.

it's just a fucking mess and it's pointless to explain to the child why its wrong to do that.
>>
>>39205185
lol nice excuses fatass

anyways even if you were born with it we wouldnt give a shit and still laugh at those failures of human beings

in a perfect world they would be gassed
>>
You could replace obesity with drug addiction and all of a sudden every junkie isn't someone who made mistakes but someone who just didn't have a choice.

If you by extension are just arguing for humans not having free will that's alright, otherwise you are an absolute faggot
>>
>>39206669
/pol/ pls
>>
>>39205229
And of course here come the insults. Also what a shit argument 0/10
>>
>>39206633

>i'm 33

OK, so 22 irl, probably.

So, a shitty sequel to Dune is your moral authority?

We haven't chosen mediocrity. Since humans started collaborating through markets instead of competing with each other in zero sum game for berries, nuts, and quails, we have put men on the moon, harnessed massive amounts of energy, built a worldwide information infrastructure, explored our planet, and dramatically increased the quality of our existence beyond what even the most elite had only a few decades or centuries ago.

But if quoting a fictional worm man who took too many drugs is your way to understand the universe, go ahead.
>>
>>39206133
AWAKEN MY MASTERS!
Finally, the thread has value.

OP needs to learn not to cherry-pick information to match the conclusion they have pre-decided. Typical soft science college student paper-writing mistake. Sooo qualified because 'muh honors year', oh honey no. I'd almost be embarrassed for you if you didn't come on this board ready to try to school us like this.

Diets and fitness plans (and sustaining them long-term) are HARD and that is why there is a huge failure rate, duh. But if it was because reasons cited, then how can OP explain the successes? They aren't freaks of nature, they are people who worked hard to overcome the difficulties.
>>
>>39206838

Increasing the quality of our existence? Nope. Just making it a lot easier to survive. Quite a difference.

I don't think you are smart enough to grasp what im getting at here.

Dnp should be sold without instruction in gas stations, if you want people to gain the power of using dnp. And when soccer moms cry and whine about the inevitable casualties, they should be publicly caned - because humans require leadership. And the question of leadership is always, "who will play god?"
>>
>>39206889
Why are faggots who are social darwinists always claiming they are smarter than everyone else.

Look, asshole, you're using the Internet. Why would you use it if everything you're saying is true.

You're so fucking coddled you don't think existence has been improved. Have you ever had a family member die of a curable disease or starve to death due to a famine?

No.
>>
>>39205185
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
>>
>>39206907

Not social darwinism, not really. Just the process of education. This isn't genetics, this is culture.

Im using the internet in order to instruct.

My family members surviving is not existence improving, that is the environment becoming safer. Its been disastrous for our souls. Comforts and safety weaken us, and joie de vivre, joy of life, is a direct function of strength. What we need now most is the presence of a terrible predator. People will never knowingly vote for this. But i have some faith in the real leaders of humanity. People want regulation, safety, peace, but, what you want is not always what you need.
>>
>>39206985
Even in the wild, most mammals try to protect the lives of their kin.

How would you know what's been good or bad for our souls? Your soul appears to be filled with hate and contempt for your fellow man.

Go to church.
>>
>>39205185
Desperate exaggeration... Check.
Muh millions!

Cherry picking... Check.

Won't post body... Check.

So if all of these natural solutions like exercise and diet wouldn't work long time, then please explain how the fuck bariatric surgery is an effective long term solution? Are you failing your classes?
>>
>>39205185
10/10 trolling anon, thread will surely hit bump limit.

To any fatties reading this shit, believe at your own peril.
>>
>>39206996

How would i know? Study, reflection, introspection, observation, consideration.

You're right about animals. Hence the need for leadership. And not just leadership, but tyrany.

I do not hate humanity. I love it very dearly.
>>
>>39205185

>good thing I have a M.S in Biology and am currently 1 year away from getting a Ph.D in Anatomy and Physiology.

I'm sure your highschool honors course makes you quite the expert.
>>
>>39207045
You love it to death.
>>
>>39206722

what happens when the preservation of all human life at any cost, as a goal, precipitates the conditions that could lead to human extinction?

make no mistake that it takes a hard heart to do the right thing with power.

it seems as though you've separate true and false from right and wrong here. quite a deadly distinction to make. the point is that if most people took the right actions without needing to be guided, we'd have never developed authority at all.

the point of power, the proper use of power, is to force upon people what is necessary, but undesirable.
>>
I work at a hospital and I know plenty of doctors that are fucking idiots, I don't know how they even finished the carrier. Maybe you're one of them.
>>
>>39205792
>arguing against the dogma of this board that fat people are disgusting slobs who are only fat because they can't put down the fork.
I think you're misunderstanding our hate. We hate the people who are fat and deny being fat is bad. We hate the people who demand society to change so they don't have to.
>>
OP is a HAES shill, probably posting from her mother's basement which she can't leave because she's 600lb.
Not even a physician, we all know fatties are willfully ignorant.
>>
>>39205185
Obesity is an addiction not a disease. We encourage people to stop smoking because it's bad for you, we should also encourage fatties to lose weight because it's bad for them
>>
>>39205185
>obesity is a disease
Oh ya sure, so is addiction. In fact why don't we just remove all social responsibility from our actions and let drunk drivers walk free.
>>
>>39205185
muh state school education
>>
>>39205961
Notice how OP did not reply to this.
>>
>>39205185

I realize there's a 99% chance you're just trolling, but just in case:

Explain why obesity rates are three times what they were just 50 years ago. Explain why it's projected to be FIVE times higher by 2030. Did humans really evolve new genetics in that amount of time? Are there new diseases/conditions/etc. that didn't exist 50 years ago?

The human body runs on energy. Without energy, we would die very quickly. There are only two possible sources for this energy: Digested food, and burned body fat. If you're actually saying there are people who are literally incapable of burning body fat, then it seems obvious that such a condition would literally be fatal if the person missed even a single meal. They would literally die in their sleep.

Similarly, to build fat, your body needs raw material to work with. Literally the only source for this is food that wasn't already used for energy. There is no way to create matter out of nothing - this would literally violate the laws of physics.

The human body CAN'T function any other way.
>>
>>39205185
>fat since forever because parents fed me almost nothing but fast food
>in last 2 years I have had 5 surgeries, a baby, and moved
>started at 242, now 192 and going
I think you wasted a lot of money on an apparently worthless education. Stay fat though.
>>
On a global or national level yes obesity is a disease and it's caused by a trillion different things. We can also look at shit like violence and crime and other big societal boogeymen in this way and find useful information.

BUT none of that excuses personal responsibility when you zoom in to the level of the individual. Growing up in a shitty dysfunctional inner city ghetto doesn't excuse you from killing, raping or robbing somebody just like growing up in our fat fuck technologically advanced drive-everywhere McNation doesn't excuse you from weighing 500 pounds and being a useless drain of a gob on society. Understanding WHY a thing happens doesn't excuse it from happening.
>>
Hey op if eating less doesn't work then why does getting your stomach stapled help people lose weight?
>>
>>39205185
Alright, let's talk about this, then.
>The fact is these people who grow up with fat parents, bad genetics, exposed to excess hormone disruptors or even have stints where they gain weight have a long term increased propensity to gain weight.
Look, I've never bought the "environmental factors" argument. It's the same thing as when people say black people disproportionately commit crimes because they live in a culture of criminality, which they then contribute to, and keep the cycle going. The problem with this is that it denies personal responsibility. All of a sudden, you are not a criminal, you are a "victim of the system." You are not a fatass. You're a "victim of environmental circumstances." Teaching that this line of thinking is acceptable is detrimental to society. People who foist responsibility for their own actions onto other people instead of trying to change it are bad people.
>As well as the fact that the body fights to maintain adposticity at a set point (by altering thermogenesis, metabolic rate, motivation to exercise etc) that is further pushed up every time you gain weight
I don't deny this is true, but what you are describing is the body making it more difficult to lose weight, not impossible. Fact: exercise increases thermogenesis and metabolic rate whether your body wants to or not. Motivation is a factor of the individual. To only work out when you're "feeling it" is retarded, and I'm not going to glorify that idea with an argument.
>inherent wiring of the brain.
If it's based on an environmental factor, it's not inherent. If you're in college, and you don't know what "inherent" means, then consider dropping out.
So if you've only got a five per cent chance at succeeding, you shouldn't even try? That's some defeatist bullshit if I've ever heard it.

What you've written here is pathetic. A physiological doctrine of excuse.
>>
>>39206633

Post body or fuck off nerd

If you're so sold on your results from using DNP fucking show us. If you truly think you've got something worth risking lives over post it

otherwise you're a faggot
>>
>>39205217
>your body has a million different compensation mechanisms to decrease your energy expenditure in other ways and increase energy intake
>increase energy intake

>your body can increase energy intake without eating

Ooohh (((wwwooowww)))
>>
>>39205185
I want to choke all these /r9k/ retards while I'm ramming them in their virgin buttholes. Like really choke them while they pass out either from lack of air or from the pain of their assholes getting literally torn open. I'll then cum inside their boipucci then clean the blood, shit, and cum from my dick using their gaping mouths.
No homo.
>>
>>39207652

can not agree any harder with statement one here. It's true we just live in a society that has all these mechanism for victimization to occur and defer responsibility. black being muh system the health at every size the left wing extremism. I feel if we had a different window of thought we wouldn't be looking at these problems as a result of genetics and other environmental factors but a flaw in the person character and evolutionary traits.
>>
>>39207847

This is new (((Physics))) retard... Goyim #164527 you need to understand that your body can create energy imidetitetly so you need to eat more soy products estrogen and understand that people can't control their own weight it's all genetics.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.