[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /fit/ Lately during deadlifts my face starts turning completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Sup /fit/
Lately during deadlifts my face starts turning completely red and my veins start bulging in my neck so much that it feels like my eyes are about to pop out and like I'm almost about to pass out right after.

A guy came up to me saying it was dangerous to hold my breath during the lift and that I should slowly exhale while moving up, which I think is bs, but I'm still worried about it. He said that he also had the same problem and that he felt something pop and got an extreme headache and had to throw up.

Guys wat do. I know I should hold my breath during the lift but I also don't want my head to explode.
>>
>>39204885
I forgot to say that I'm not even on my max yet. I just did 107.5 kg/237lbs x 5
>>
>>39204885

Its possible you have underlying blood pressure issues.

More likely though, its just something you'll have to deal with. During the deadlift you're spiking your blood pressure and not breathing. Turning red is pretty much the natural outcome at that point. Especially if you're really pale and/or tend to go red easily in general.
>>
>>39204976
I doubt I have any issues related to blood pressure. I have a resting heart beat of 60 and I also spoke to a doctor about my heart rate and blood pressure and she said there was nothing out of the ordinary.

I'm scared that if I up my weight the blood being pumped to my head will get worse.
>>
>>39205050
i have the same shit. during heavy lifts my face gets red and my veins in neck look like my head is about to explode. it's just the way it is because you are holding in breath which is how it should be. don't listen to those fags that deadlift or squat 60kg saying they don't have that problem.

look at every video of people doing heavy weights and you will see that every single one of them gets red and veiny in their face.

you never exhale during the lift. air and tight core = spine support. you can get away with it at brocurl weights but if you do that shit with decent amount you can say hello to injuries.
>>
File: 58b.png (62KB, 200x302px) Image search: [Google]
58b.png
62KB, 200x302px
>>39204885

BRACE YOUR DIAPHRAM NOT HOLD YOUR BREATH OP
>>
>>39205144
But isn't it bad if to much blood rushes to your head? I know I sound like a hypochondriac, but I'm kinda scared a blood vessel might rupture in my brain... If it's already this bad at only 107.5kg, I'm afraid it'll be much worse when I get to 3plate and up
>>
>>39205166
AYY LMAO
>>
After the lift if you feel light headed don't walk around/stand trying to keep your balance. Look down and crouch and you'll feel better almost immediately
>>
Youre supposed to exhale before the lift OP not hold your breath, I nearly ripped my gut off doing that shit before
>>
>>39205166
AYY LMAO
>>
>>39206247
Yes, but the risk is considerably lower than the risk of injury from exhaling and losing trunk support
>>
>>39204885
Holding your breath is proper form, exhaling will fuck up your reps by making you lose sbatility.
>>
>>39206561
This may sound stupid, but why deadlift if you risk an aneurysm?
>>
>>39207005
>risk an aneurysm?
Risk factors for an aneurysm include diabetes, obesity, hypertension, tobacco use, alcoholism, high cholesterol, copper deficiency, increasing age, and tertiary syphilis infection.
>better just kill yourself now just to be safe from it
>>
>>39205166
AYY LMAO
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.