[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Both meat fat and meat protein are associated with death thr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 10

File: 5859033738_4578415ce1_b.jpg (509KB, 1024x648px) Image search: [Google]
5859033738_4578415ce1_b.jpg
509KB, 1024x648px
Both meat fat and meat protein are associated with death through several biochemical mechanisms. this is based on Harvard research published in the peer-reviewed journal of the American Medical Association...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196

plant-protein is protective and animal protein increases mortality in the Harvard study.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3988204/ Here's another one for you. 73 times higher risk when eating high protein compared to low. Plants have all essential amino acids too without raising IGF-1.

what's your excuse this time, meat eating murderers?
>>
>>39203914
(((Harvard)))
>>
>>39203914
I would've assumed the one on the left to weigh less...
>>
>>39203914
whew, looks like nobody can defend meat. gg no re
>>
if I saw that ludicrous display I would go and buy some meat and eat it right next to it cause I'm edgy
>>
>>39203914
looks like something /d/ would fap to if they were into 3dpd
>>
>>39203914
>These associations were confined to participants with at least 1 unhealthy lifestyle factor based on smoking, heavy alcohol intake, overweight or obesity, and physical inactivity, but not evident among those without any of these risk factors
>especially that from processed red meat
>The study population included 6,381 adults ages 50 and over
>what's your excuse
I'm under 50, straight edge and don't eat trash.
>>
>>39203957
I mean it's kinda hot
>>
>>39203914
I like meat. It's cheap. It's easy to get in bulk. It doesn't taste like dick-flavored Jello the way literally any product based on soy does, and to top it all off, to be quite frank with you, vegans make me uncomfortable. Hell, the image you just posted is proof enough that I have good reason to be unnerved by you fucking freaks.

At any rate, I don't care if some obscure fungus found only in the caverns of deepest, darkest Africa has the same amount of protein by volume as a steak with less health risk. Life is all about risk and reward. Why do you drive a car when it is statistically more likely that you will die behind the wheel than you would on foot? Because you're willing to take the risk in order to give yourself more time in the day. Why do people sit in the sun for hours to tan when they know it increases their odds of skin cancer? Because they want to look better, and they're willing to take the risk. Same with meat.

As for the "ethical" argument that "muh meat is murder," HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>39203947
You know how nobody listens to the crazy guy on the street who yells about the end of days?
>>
>>39203983
yeah, science is really crazy huh?
>>
>>39203980
>Life is all about risk and reward.
>This logic

Consider suicide you fucking idiot. Ultimate risk/reward game.
>>
>>39203975
so you'll stop eating meat once you're 50?
>>
>>39204004
For 15 years, yes.
>>
>>39203991
Point is you're been yelling at unsuspecting people and acting crazy for so long nobody gives a shit anymore.
>>
>>39203914
Ofc is murder, so what?
>>
>>39203914
OMG STFU JUST IN HEALTHY QUANTITIES ALL DIETS WHEN DONE PROPERLY ARE GOOD. STFU WITH THIS BULLSHITTTTT.
>>
>>39204010
yeah the amount of vegetarians and vegans are drastically increasing. you cant fight logic. your grandchildren will be fined if they illegally manage to get their hands on meat because it'll be outlawed by then
>>
>>39203980
Soy isn't the only vegetarian thing you can eat. Lentils, broccoli, legumes all taste great. Western people really take everything to retarded levels whether it a vegetarian a vegan or a non-vegetarian, everything has to be an ideology for you folks.

Anyway the point is eat a healthy balanced diet whether it is meat based or plant based.
>>
>>39203914
>https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27479196
>single study
>not a meta analysis
>says that eating meat only increases cardiovascular based mortality in people with significant cardiovascular lifestyle risks
>>
>>39204028
holy shit kek
>>
>>39204028
> this is what vegans actually believe
>>
Tbh vegans themselves are the biggest thing stopping me from cutting back on meat
> hurr meat iz evil
> durr u r murderer
> I iz better than u cause I don eat meat
If you all STFU and calmed the fuck down, people would be more responsive to your spiel.

But for now I'm going to enjoy my meals of ground beef or chicken breast because it gets you guys frothing at the mouth so much
>>
>>39203914
>cherry-pick low quality associational studies (hypothesis generating at best and meaningless for clinical decision making without stronger compounding data) with self-reported dietary variables, ignoring the ones that reach a conclusion you don't like, while disregarding criticism by other researchers eg http://fyre.it/GhrVNj1Z.4
>conveniently ignore the negative consequences of low igf-1 levels, like stunted growth and impaired immune function, and how many beneficial effects of exercise (such as hippocampal neurogenesis) are derived from its ability to increase igf-1

I understand your cult has strong feelings for animals (perhaps because humans tend to reject you), but that doesn't validate shitting up this board with scientifically illiterate teenager garbage.
>>
>>39203914
>health argument
Invalid if you do frequent checkups and blood tests and everything comes out clean.
>ethics argument
Semi valid, 100% subjective. I'm kind of buying it, but I understand anyone who doesn't. There is no objective way of measuring life value. Others base it on sentience, others on intelligence and contribution to society.
Pro-tip: the shock factor of animal gore images wears off quick.
>sustainability argument
100%, irrefutably, objectively valid. The carbon and water footprint of animal agriculture is insane. Vegans should use that more often if they want to come across as having proper arguments
>>
File: 1475574433706s.jpg (2KB, 125x92px) Image search: [Google]
1475574433706s.jpg
2KB, 125x92px
>>39203914
Hey OP go suck a cock
>>
>>39204106
gf is vegan, only thing that adds up for me is the sustainability argument as well
>>
I eat meat cause I'm also a body cultivator unlike the pussys who takes the easy road by only practicing either inner or body cultivation. That's the road for solid gains foundation to consolidate. Enjoy getting bullied by peers in the same realm while I'm motherfucking peerless within the same realm and can even stall fuckers in a higher realm.

>3216 th circle
>not completely refining every usefull part of a the spirit beasts corpse
>>
File: 29o.png (764KB, 846x1446px) Image search: [Google]
29o.png
764KB, 846x1446px
>>39204028
>your grandchildren
Y-yeah, haha...
>>
>Both meat fat and meat protein are associated with strength through several muscle growth mechanisms. this is based on Harvard research published in the peer-reviewed journal of the American Medical Association...

>plant-protein is does not allow the full amino acid profile to be accessed by humans and animal protein increases abilities to not be an insufferable vegan in the Harvard study.
>>
>>39203914
You said that like I don't want to die. Who cares you vegan faggot lol we'll all be dead by the end of the century you might as well eat shit that tastes good.
>>
>>39204183
might as well eat razor blades and die since we're all edgy mcfagqueens
>>
Tbh, I would like to act against the animal cruelty that has been proven to happen in slaughter houses and dairy production sites, but changing the diet to that extent is actually really hard.

>cut all meat (not even talking about dairy now)
>have to replace it with soy based products, tofu and seitan
>if you buy those products on the supermarket, they're expensive as fuck
>if you make them at home with raw ingredients it's another step in a recipe you never had to work on and a time waster
>have to recalculate protein amounts for all the new food to accomplish /fit/ goals
>finally, have to get used to the foul taste of some of those foods

There's no lack of will, it's just that it's too much godamn work for someone already busy with life.
>>
>>39203914
Tasty, tasty death.
>>
>>39204045
Are you implying /fit/ knows anything about doing research?
>>
File: 10.jpg (39KB, 638x480px) Image search: [Google]
10.jpg
39KB, 638x480px
>>39204106
>100%, irrefutably, objectively valid. The carbon and water footprint of animal agriculture is insane.

Carbon output is based on methane, which is incredibly misleading.

Some lands can't grow cultivars without adding nutrients into the soil with stripmining, petrochemical fertilizers, etc and you wind up getting more efficiency if a pasture-based system with animals is used.

But generally anything with high nutrient density is environmentally expensive. And it assumes the current overpopulation is to be maintained or encouraged, anyway.
>>
>>39203914
>associated with death
Thank god, I don't want to live any longer than I have to but I'm too much of a puss to kill myself
>>
File: 1464045184995.jpg (41KB, 422x479px) Image search: [Google]
1464045184995.jpg
41KB, 422x479px
>>39204147
>Saving the thumbnail
>>
>>39204273
So, what you're saying is organ meats are the tightest shit ever and more people should appreciate them?
>>
>>39203914
Do you know what else is associated with death through several biochemical mechanisms?
Aging.
>>
>>39204147
Cool pic for ants, retard.
>>
>>39203991
your cherry picking and bad interpretation is not science
Why are all vegans so stupid? Is that because of nutrients deficiency?
>>
>>39204028
This.

The only logical progression of society involves a vegan planet.
>>
>>39203914
Why is there such a big correlation between people being vegan and taking it up shit avenue?
>>
>>39204340
Look who failed the logic class.
>>
>>39204004
No. I want to keep as many gains as I can into my old age.
>>
I have cut down on meat because I believe animal agriculture is bad for the planet and therefore humans. Would be happy to be educated further on the matter if anon can point to a good resource.

I haven't cut meat out completely because I care more about gains and tastey food than I care about seeing our species thrive.
>>
>>39204342

This. Its like a fucking cult.

I once ran into a vegan crossfitter, I was seriously contemplating ripping off my ear just to get some peace and quiet
>>
>>39204342
>>39204349
The number of vegans you aren't aware of would surprise you. The vocal minority is extremely vocal.
>>
>>39203914
Do some googling about carnivore and herbivore anatomy, you totally emasculated piece of nu shit. What you find out is going to show you that you and all of your kind deserve to die for all the health endangering bullshit you're spewing on a daily basis.
>>
veganism doesn't survive logic.
argument for health:
nope, diets with meat and animal products fare well in studies. It's overconsumption that is the problem.
https://authoritynutrition.com/how-to-win-an-argument-with-a-vegan/
argument for ethical superiority:
you can't atribute animals the same value as humans. Does that mean you can lock them up all their lives and then kill them for food? I don't think so, but this isn't an argument, it's just my feelings.
Utilitarianism is based on a subjective moral argument, which makes it ok for the government to steal half your income so.. yea, I don't abide by that.
Argument for environment:
Mainly true, but there are some fields in which you can't grow crops for humans but you can grow crops for animals, which is where the animals could graze. This would cut the meat industry by a lot but still it would exist.

So if you are a vegan don't lie about this shit. I'm a vegan and I don't tell anyone because of all this hype and moral condemnation. I just do it as a personal choice like most stuff.
>>
>>39203980
Nice 1
>>
File: lepepeman.png (660KB, 1106x1012px) Image search: [Google]
lepepeman.png
660KB, 1106x1012px
>mfw I ate a home-made burger, leftover steak, kung pao chicken, and eggs today

I'm not gonna make it brahs
>>
>>39204385
>argument for health
Sure, you can be healthy on a meat diet. Doesn't make it right.

>ethical superiority
Even if you believe humans are superior to other animals, vegans still have the moral high ground. Less animal deaths and less plant deaths = better.

>Environment
Less animals raised = less plants dying
>>
>>39204090
LOL this guy actually links to the comment section. Wait, wait let me try this level of debating. Meat is bad...because Kevin on twitter said so! Priceless.

We're carnivores? Great news. Then apparently every scientist ever is wrong about us needing vitamin C since carnivores can synthesize their own vitamin C.
>>
>>39204304
>I can't read
Bottom right is best
>>39204273
>Carbon output is based on methane, which is incredibly misleading.
Elaborate please
>Some lands can't grow cultivars [...] more efficiency if a pasture-based system with animals is used.
Can't ≠ inefficient
Also, a kg of cow has to be fed about 7kg grains. I don't see how that is efficient, nutrient or calorie-wise
>But generally anything with high nutrient density is environmentally expensive.
Source. I really don't see how 7 kg of chickpeas have less nutrients than 1 kg of beef.
My source: cronometer, mfp etc.
>And it assumes the current overpopulation is to be maintained or encouraged, anyway.
Irrelevant, we are discussing food. Sustainability is always proportional to the number of mouths you have to feed. 7.5 billion people eating beef vs potatoes. In order to compare two things, it has to be on the same basis.
>>
>>39204429
you have to make a case that killing an animal is bad like killing a human. our ethical system only serves for humans because humans have the capacity to be moral. that's why you don't send a person with a brain tumor to jail, you treat the tumor and act like the person had no moral choice.

Less plant deaths? So you say killing a plant is bad? How so? There's no logic there. We live in a world of cost/benefit. I kill some animals to have a better life. I kill some trees, polute a bit of the environment, etc to have a better life. It's only when my actions directly harm others that ethics takes place.
>>
>>39204429
>less animal deaths means less plant deaths
>completely ignore the amount of dead wildlife destroyed eco systems and poisined lakes from the extra farms required to produce all those extra toofu burgers if everyone went vegan
>conveniently ignore the fscts that animals arent killed just for food, also for the pelt on your clothes. Glue to hold together the shit you use. Pigment for the coloring on stuff you use. Fat for cosmetics you use, etc

Basically moral vegans are fucking retarded. Them having the equipment to post in /fit/ at all already invalidates all their moral points leaving them as hypocrites.

There's no health reasons. The moral reasons is just bullshit virtue signalling that doesn't even hold together at closer examination and basically they are fucking stupid. Probably from hampered brains due to diet. whaddayaknow.
>>
>>39203914
>this is based on Harvard research
what do normies mean by this?
>>
>>39204491
So you're saying you don't care about life apart from humans? You're entitled to that opinion I guess. Just remember without our natural ecosystems we all die.

>>39204497
You don't seem to understand what veganism is about. Nothing is 100% cruelty free. However, the less harm we cause the better. Even if you were vegan during the week it would be better for the planet.
>>
>>39203925

You anti-semite I hope you get aids.
>>
>>39204491
>It's only when my actions directly harm others that ethics takes place.
Not a vegan, but eating meat does directly harm others. Animals that is.
>>39204497
>also for the pelt on your clothes. Glue to hold together the shit you use. Pigment for the coloring on stuff you use. Fat for cosmetics you use, etc
There are vegan alternatives to most if not all of these
>Basically moral vegans are fucking retarded. Them having the equipment to post in /fit/ at all already invalidates all their moral points leaving them as hypocrites.
Appeal to futility logical fallacy
>There's no health reasons.
True
>The moral reasons is just bullshit virtue signalling that doesn't even hold together at closer examination and basically they are fucking stupid.
Not 100% valid ≠ 100% invalid. As I said above it is subjective and therefore constitutes no argument
You also conveniently ignored the sustainability argument.
>Probably from hampered brains due to diet.
xD just LOL
>>
>>39204497
>>completely ignore the amount of dead wildlife destroyed eco systems and poisined lakes from the extra farms required to produce all those extra toofu burgers if everyone went vegan

what about conveniently ignoring the exponentially larger number of resources it takes to produce meat burgers that amerilards eat.
>>
>>39204517
I don't care about anyone's life besides my own. There are worse things out there than factory farms.
>>39204537
>Not a vegan, but eating meat does directly harm others. Animals that is.
That doesn't quality as "others", which is the crux of the argument: animals don't classify as people so they don't get the same ethical considerations as people.

The rest of your argument just comes down to personal choice. It's all subjective: buy vegan or buy something that contains 1% of animal fat... If the vegan thing is worse (money wise, tears, is cute or not) then animal product it is, since it's relative.

>Not 100% valid ≠ 100% invalid.
yes, when considering an argument, it's either valid or invalid. Or else it's just vapid opinions.

>>39204541
The argument that "consume less" is better is a non-argument. You could say that about anything. So people that only eat 1k calories a day and all that from rice or something are the most ethical people?
>>
>>39204537
Directly eating vegan harms all the wild animals that got grinded up by the harvesting tractors. Now fuck off
>>
>>39203914
>without raising igf-1

Wow it's not like THAT isn't the most essential thing for protein uptake into your muscles!

Fuck off with your eating disorder
>>
>>39204452
What's priceless? The meds required to cure that mental disability driving you to poison the well and erect straw men when you run out of actual arguments?
>>
>>39203980
So you cant justify stabbing animals when you have no need then

>appeal to ridicule is not a logical fallacy
>>
>>39204586
>animals don't classify as people so they don't get the same ethical considerations as people.
Also an opinion
>yes, when considering an argument, it's either valid or invalid. Or else it's just vapid opinions.
Is killing humans 100% wrong? What about self defense? Don't deal in absolutes.
>The argument that "consume less" is better is a non-argument. You could say that about anything. So people that only eat 1k calories a day and all that from rice or something are the most ethical people?
That's not what he said. A beef burger consumes more resources than a tofu burger.
>>39204633
>Directly eating vegan harms all the wild animals that got grinded up by the harvesting tractors. Now fuck off
Friendly reminder that the cows you eat are vegan too. Someone who only eats meat "harms" way more vegetables than a vegan (with whatever consequences that has on animals getting stepped on by tractors or whatever)
>>
>>39203914
Billions of years of evolution and meat eaters are still the top of the food chain. Get rekt
>>
>>39204080
Nope, many people realise its unethical to stab animals if there is no need.

You are jist bitthurt

Hurr durr i wont not stab animals cus pepple told me stabbing animals is wrong

You are mentally weak, you attack the messenger cus you cant refute the message.
>>
>>39204106
What...it is obviously sentience. If there is no sentience there is nothing to care about..

Give a non hyocritical argument to stab animals...you cant.
>>
>>39203914
Gee I sure wish I xould live forever like vegans, too bad Ill have to die before Im 90
>>
>>39204633
That doesnt justify stabbing animals with intent

> x amount of humans die in car accident ever year,so if you drive a car, you cant be against serial killers

Great logic.
>>
>>39204459
>Elaborate please
Methane turns back to carbon. Fossil carbon doesn't really go back.

>Can't ≠ inefficient
I see plant physiology isn't your strong suit.

>Also, a kg of cow has to be fed about 7kg grains. I don't see how that is efficient, nutrient or calorie-wise
We're not talking about CAFOs.

>Source.
Did you even bother reading the pic? Nutrient Rich Foods index.

> In order to compare two things, it has to be on the same basis.
Not really, unless the flawed assumption is made that environmental cycling of various resources like carbon is invariant over all possible population sizes.
>>
>>39204683
Wtf is it with vegans thats makes them go full retard.
Is it the lack of iron and protein?
I swear, like the other anon said, veganism is like a cult.
>>
>>39204672
>Also an opinion
yea... no... animals aren't people mate. only people get to be people, ok? because if you defend that animals should be protected by our moral code then I can say using the sun should be protected by our moral code, because the sun was given to us by god and we shouldn't use it because that would be disrespecting god so no more solar panels! It's just opinions that count right? You defend animals I defend the sun. Or the rain. Or whatever.
>Is killing humans 100% wrong? What about self defense? Don't deal in absolutes.
yes, it's 100% wrong. if you need to do it in self defence put the moral light on the person that makes you do it, not on the victim. every ethical system deals with self defence. Yes I'll deal with absolutes thanks
>That's not what he said. A beef burger consumes more resources than a tofu burger.
yea, and I'm saying that it's fine to use land and that people do it all the time for comfort already
>>
>>39204662
>>39204683
>>39204689
>>39204705
> hurr durr stsb animals

Shut the fuck up you samefag Do you think phrasing it like an autist makes ur retarded argument suddenly better?

Cows get raised for the sole purpose of having their throat slit and drained of blood so I can have a steak. I am fine with this
>>
>>39204743
The blood makes them tasty though.

> be me at young age
> Grandpa owns a plant nursery
> tells me to come with him to the chicken coops where he stages cock fights
> see a moo cow tied to a post by a big house of cinder blocks
> calls one of the workers over
> worker pulls out a revolver and lays into the moo cows head
> it drops instantly and within 15 minutes the damn thing is gutted, dismembered, and placed on a spit roast inside the brick encloser
> hours later I'm biting into the tastiest piece of moo cows I'll ever have

I still to this day can not forget that amazing flavor which has yet to be surpassed. They probably drained the thing though but I'm was more distracted by the disembowlment
>>
>>39204705
where is the proof that replacing all animals farmed for food with vegan alternatives would result in net minimization of deaths after accounting for the extra pest control
>>
File: 1475242337741.png (179KB, 508x494px) Image search: [Google]
1475242337741.png
179KB, 508x494px
>>39204727
>animals are not people
I didn't refute that, learn to read
>THEREFORE they don't get the same ethical considerations as people
THAT is an opinion
Note how I don't even disagree with you, I do eat meat.
The rest of your post is written by someone 15 years old or less, have a picture
>>39204689
>If there is no sentience there is nothing to care about
That doesn't mean that we should care about anything with sentience.
If your mom is in her bedroom then she is in the house. That doesn't mean that if she isn't in the bedroom then she isn't in the house.
And I didn't even say anywhere that my opinion is right. I said the moral part doesn't constitute an argument.

I love how both meat eaters and vegans disagree with me desu.
>>39204718
>Methane turns back to carbon.
IF you collect it and burn it. I'm pretty sure cow farts just go in the atmosphere.
>I see plant physiology isn't your strong suit.
Not at all, I am a mechanical engineer
>We're not talking about CAFOs.
>Did you even bother reading the pic? Nutrient Rich Foods index.
I'll have to look into it, but it really seems counter intuitive.
>Not really, unless the flawed assumption is made that environmental cycling of various resources like carbon is invariant over all possible population sizes.
I have no idea what environmental cycling of carbon means, not a native English speaker and google translate doesn't help.
>>
>>39204812
What most people think is ""blood"'is just water and decoagulated muscle proteins.
>>
>>39204725
Not a single refute.
>give a non hyocritical justificstion to stab animals

Omg vegans r so retardderdd u must not get this nutrient that u can get from plants omgs so stooopid
>>
>>39204743
Well they get stabbed

And if i raised humans to get killed would that br justified. No.

Name the trait absent in animals that if absent in humans would cause you to accept that justification...i say this cus i know you will strawman me and try and make out im suggesting a human id the same as a cow.

You being fine with stabbing cows does not actually justify stabbing cows.
>>
>>39204813
The fact that billions of cows and pigs etc would not be getting stabbed.

You seem to be implying i think veganism or exsisting causes no other death...
>>
>>39204847
the post you replied to was why the fuck are vegans so rabib about trying to force their beliefs on people. If they chilled out they could convert more people.
You then proved my point by doing exactly what I criticized.

> replied to a post without answering the question
> I repeat my orginal point
> hurr u avoided the question u can't refute... Even tho I did literally this to begin with
>>
>>39204846
this
blood is completely drained at slaughter else you're just asking to get poisoned. Blood sausages and shit exempt.
>>
>>39204869
>cows and pigs are the only animals
>>
>>39204517
>he less harm we cause the better
Okay, now let me tell you how to minimize the harm you're doing to the environment in the most efficient and animal/plant friendly way:

Kill yourself right fucking now.

There it is, problem solved. Just like liberalism, veganism is a virtue signalling tactic of literal self-destruction for the sake of a social media percieved and tolerated illusion of "the greater good". You feel relieved of the obligation to achieve anything beneficial to the public, human society and/or nature only because you've usurped the role of the now it all douche who got all the answers. And you come here and tell us that people who lift are "murderers"?

My god, if I was a nu male beta coward piece of shit like you I would literally kill myself this very minute. And I'd make sure to do it as painfully as possible.

You fucking entitled twatling.
>>
>>39204882
Never even implyed they were.

Ok, you guys have had many many chances.

You cant give a non hyocritical reason to stab animals when you have no need. Why are you like third wave fems, drop your egos, stop stabbing animals.

>saying words and asking for a logical non hpocritical justification is forcing beliefs but taking a life just because you want to isnt forcing a belief.

Cmon.
>>
>>39204865
Animals are raised for the sole purpose of being killed for food
If more people were vegan, those same animals would still exist and still be killed, but there would be more waste

If a fuckton of people all went vegan, those orginal cows wouldn't exist. So its a net wash.
Either they are killed, or they dont get born. Either way, they are gone.
>>
>>39204886
Such profund retardation. You really think this os a gotcha moment.

You can be alive and live without causing needless suffering, its not unethical to be alive you idiot.
>>
>>39204846
>>39204880
Also dye.
Nobody wants to eat a steak thats grey.. Or any colour besides red really
>>
>>39204893
>non hyocritical

If i raised millions of humans to stab then said well they wouldnt be here, would you accept that?
>>
>>39204892
>Never even implyed they were.

so you have no proof thanks for playing
>>
>>39204886
>Okay, now let me tell you how to minimize the harm you're doing to the environment in the most efficient and animal/plant friendly way:
>Kill yourself right fucking now.
Appeal to futility logical fallacy.
Killing yourself is inefficient if you want to live. What is the best way to minimize harm if you want to live?
>>39204893
>If more people were vegan, those same animals would still exist and still be killed, but there would be more waste
Wrong, the decrease in demand would cause a decrease in supply. Less animals would be raised to be killed. Waste is inefficient and costs money, companies don't want that
>If a fuckton of people all went vegan, those orginal cows wouldn't exist. So its a net wash.
>Either they are killed, or they dont get born. Either way, they are gone.
KYS because you'll die anyway then
>>
>>39204905
You're gonna call bullshit. But yes
If it was soccially acceptable to the point most of the population were canibals,
and you had a reason... Such as you were raising them for the sole purpose of feeding people
>>
>>39204924
Wether you eat them or not, cows are still being breed and killed for meat.
>>
>>39204935
Google the butterfly effect
>>
>>39204939
The cows already exist atm anon. How do u decrease supply on a cow that is already there.

Sure you can stop breeding, but that will take several years before it actually starts yo have an effect.
In the mean time all those cows are still gonna die, and if you don't eat them. Thats a whole lot of waste.
>>
>>39204958
Well, whether we ate it or let it rot it would be wasted anyway, so why not waste it in the most sustainable way possible?
>>
>>39204892
>no need
yeah I mean
first of all I can surely produce everything to replace a balanced omnivoric diet locally, right?
especially if I live somewhat more north where decent farmland is so easy to come by
I'll just fucking ship in retarded meme vegan foods from across the world to replace a goddamn steak that was raised on leftovers and shit-quality produce nobody wants
want to minimize your environmental impact? go fucking live in a village and grow your own food, pigs and chicken are literally organic waste disposal, cattle, sheep and goats are to exploit the shittier terrain you can't grow shit on
I buy my meat from my cousin, he feeds his cows on pastures and sillage shit no human would ever touch and the couple pigs he has are fed various leftovers
but I'm sure you're going to find a problem with that also
>>
File: giggity.gif (902KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
giggity.gif
902KB, 500x280px
>>39203914

That image is oddly sexy
>>
>>39204892
There is no need for you to breathe or continue shitposting other than muh feelings

Just kys already and let the quality of /fit/ improve dramatically
>>
>>39204962
Wouldnt it going to stop hunger be the best way?

Also say everyone on the planet all went vegan... Where the fuck do you think we're gonna get all the fruitnand veg from.
each person would need more food to hit the same calories goals.
>>
>>39204899
So who or what exactly made you an expert on ethics?

Needless suffering, huh? I'm guessing you're the type of imbecile who thinks that "cute" animals deserve better treatment than non-cute ones, right? Please, go ahead and explain to me how do you reckon that a certain organism, lets say a cow, deserves something that another organism, for example a virus, mosquito or a centipede, doesn't?

Do you realize that eating meat is just about the least naturally destructive human activity?

No, you don't. You're absolutely oblivious and uninterested concerning anything that you can't materialize in a virtue signalling kikebook post.

Meateaters are bad, Trump is bad, the police is bad, the goverment is bad, your employer is bad, women are bad, men are bad, heterosexuals are bad, etc., etc. Weakminded morons such as yourself would always find someone or something to blame before they realize that any positive change should start within them and out outside of them. We have a saying in my country that goes like this: it's always the pubes that are a limp dick's main problem.
>>
>>39203914
HOLY SHIT STOP THE PRESSES TO EAT ANIMALS YOU HAVE TO KILL THEM

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
>>
>>39203914
I'd rather die of cancer than be a vegan.
>>
>>39203914
>what's your excuse this time, meat eating murderers?
Whats wrong with killing animals for food? Also meat tastes good.

Stop telling me what to eat u asshole
>>
>>39205019
>viruses
>alive
not that anon you're responding to but you're retarded
>>
>>39204939
Awful movie
>>
>>39204997
>Wouldnt it going to stop hunger be the best way?
No. Have you heard of investments? You lose something now to take back more, later.
>Also say everyone on the planet all went vegan... Where the fuck do you think we're gonna get all the fruitnand veg from.
Farming.
>each person would need more food to hit the same calories goals.
If this is a sustainability argument: 1 kcal of beef needs more than 1 kcal of plants to be fed, therefore we would need less food. If you eat 1 kcal of plant food, you waste 1. If you eat 1 kcal of cow, you waste 1 kcal of cow plus whatever you fed it. Same for water
If this is a satiety argument: nuts and seeds contain high calories in a small volume
>>
OP how do I become vegan?

I understand it's not a choice and that it's more about embracing the lifestyle than trying to eat meat. Am I wrong or is there any difference between meat eaters and being homosexual?
>>
>>39203914
Vegans can try to make me associate humans with meat all they want, I'm not going to stop eating non-human animals.
Hell all it's done it make me want to try human meat even more. It's legal to do so in my country so I may get round to it at some point
>>
>>39205075
Viruses ARE alive, dipshit. They have genes, they procreate and evolve by natural selection.

Explain, how am I, or any of my statements, retarded? Go ahead, I'm waiting.

So, even if we presume that a virus is not a form of life, how about a fly for example? It is very much alive - it eats, moves and fucks (using idiotic terms referring to living creatures so that an imbecile such as yourself doesn't stuggle in their comprehension). Why does a cat deserve life and a fly doesn't? Since I don't see any of you retardos defending fly life.
>>
>>39203914
>124lbs
Bitch why you lyin
>>
>>39204232
>soy based products
Oh yeah, it's like I want all that extra estrogen.
>>
>>39203914
I mean I don't plan to live forever, the shorter my natural lifespan the better.

Also I have had killed animals before so the idea of them dying to be food just doesn't register. If I couldn't buy meat, then I would just hunt?

Those are my reasons anyways.
>>
File: 1475411924826.png (831KB, 1280x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1475411924826.png
831KB, 1280x1381px
>tfw was fat
>become a vegetarian
>got skinny
>started lifting [spoiler]actually calisthenics but ok[/spoiler]
>no gainz and tits couse soy
>dropped soy and eat beans 6 times a day
>lost tits but gainz are low
>cant bring myself to eat meat
kill me
>>
>>39203914
Tastes good.
>>
>>39203914
I would "eat" the one on the right if you catch my drift
>>
>>39203914
there is nothing wrong with murder
>>
>>39207479
untermensch
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (53KB, 597x519px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
53KB, 597x519px
>>39207765
I WANT TO CHANGE
>>
lol vegans
>>
>>39204892
ever notice how veganposting starts off with pseudoscience, and then once that's refuted, the B12-deficient fags double down on "MUH ETHICS" and start increasingly convoluted discussions about it?

it's almost like the only argument in favor of veganism is....an ethical one

and it's almost like an ethical argument is INCREDIBLY FLIMSY became objective morality is fucking hard to define
>>
>>39208189
>I cherrypicked a post that fits my cuck narrative
Your next post will be, "I don't have time to read the entire thread"!
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.